It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press conference of Wikileaks Sat 23/10/2010 in london

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Press conference of Wikileaks Sat 23/10/2010 in london

www.nrc.nl

TRANSLATED FROM DUTCH WITH GOOGLE

Rotterdam, October 21 Whistleblower Website WikiLeaks for Saturday announced a press conference in London. Probably to publish the expected number of documents on the war in Iraq the site is talking about for some time .

The U.S. Department of Defense announced last week that the disclosure of a record number of secret documents is expected.

The last time a major Wikileaks press conference was the dissemination of tens of thousands secret pieces about the war in Afghanistan. When the site was working with The New York Times, Der Spiegel and The Guardian. Acc
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-10-2010 by Spartannic because: Edited to give you guys a better translation

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Seems they are going tru with the original release of the files and al the fearmongering is just their Marketing machine running at full power.

No password is probably gonna be released before this event.IMHO
And the whole thing is a effort to draw attention. Remember "the boy who cried wolf"???

Can somebody confirm this as being real? I could not find anything else showing a date for the Press-event

www.nrc.nl
(visit the link for the full news article) Its a dutch newspage
edit on 21-10-2010 by Spartannic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's on their twitter page right now...although there is no announced date this seems to be only for reporters who are probably prohibited from disclosing its location or time.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

It seems the dutch site did not get the memo from the Alphabet-agencies

Anyway its the one and only reference i found to the event i've looked tru Dutch,French and English sites thats the only result . So i'm not sure if its legit!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmmm this is interesting. He went on record that he was concerned in terms of what countries he can go to to avoid being arrested for the leaks (If the US Government decides to prosecute anyways).

If this is a major concern for him, why would he choose a country that has established basic and advanced extradition treaties.

Oh well...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well thanks for posting. i ave been sat here since the twitter post went up and ive been wondering when we were going to get some more info about this conference. i have to say that i am pretty happy that it might be in london. if it is, im going! i doubt i will get in, but still.

but as you say we dont know whether this is legit or not. but more information would be good so i will start looking. im pretty sure more information will come out soon. but keep us informed.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
with the mediablackout on this topic it is proving hard to find any information around it.

I really feel this is one who passed tru the webbing the ABC-agencies put up around Wikileaks.

oh and trust me if its in london i'm pretty sure my GF could use some new clothes on saterday...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I bet money that a "suicide bomber" will attack the press conference when in fact it's really just a false flag remote detonation. Considering this is London we are talking about, he's in enemy territory.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread, OP. (I've been following the other one as well.) As you all doubtless know yesterday's tweet from wikileaks closed with the phrase "Activate Reston5".

It seemed like an instruction -- and now, we've had a press conference announce, and it's supposedly to be held in London.

As it happens, there is a Reston Place in London. Specifically, it's in Kensington, just near Hyde Park (meaning right near the heart of London, not way out in the suburbs), so it might be the location of the press conference. Or perhaps the people who will be speaking at the conference are/were based in Reston Place, and now they've been "activated".

Pure conjecture, I know, but I thought it better to mention it that say nothing.

EDIT to add: by the way, it's also a curious coincidence that a Netherlands-based news organization "leaked" the location of London, as the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency is located on Hyde Park Gate (which btw is actually a road), right across the road from the turn-off into Reston Place. In other words it's only about a minute's walk from the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency to no. 5, Reston Place.

Regards,

Mike
edit on 21/10/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why doesn't Assange do this again on Larry King Live on CNN?

He has before, and amazingly it was on a live feed, and he was not in any way bothered by the feds.

CNN can get this guy, but the feds can't?

edit on 21-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

The U.S. Department of Defense announced last week that the disclosure of a record number of secret documents is expected.

Of course they expect this, they created the documents, and leaked them.

But why?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure is this is goign to be the release date. I'm starting to not trust anything they tell me.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Being reported here too:

wireupdate.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Video Here at Telegraph

Well, it is vietnam all over again. Hopefully the fluoride in the water will not prevent people from actually getting upset about this finally.

There should be no way the U.S. could spin this to attack Iran, when these documents show war crimes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join