Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wall Street mogul picked for State Department post

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I love this. I thought Obama was a henchman in pursuit of all of those "Fat Cats on Wall Street"

Well Well Well.. Just another game of 6 degrees of separation.

President Obama's nominee for deputy secretary of state has earned more than $8 million in salary and bonuses since January 2009 as an executive at a Wall Street bank that received a federal bailout.

Thomas R. Nides, a six-figure fundraiser for Hillary Rodham Clinton during her 2008 presidential run, disclosed his compensation from Morgan Stanley in a recent filing with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.

Mr. Nides, the company's chief operating officer, also said he remains eligible for additional bonus money at Morgan Stanley, which repaid its share of the federal bailout last year.

I guess this says it all. Yet again.

Mr. Nides is well-connected politically. According to the watchdog group Public Citizen, he raised at least $100,000 for Mrs. Clinton's 2008 campaign and election records show he personally donated tens of thousands of dollars to other federal politicians, including Mr. Obama.

Craig Holman, legislative director for Public Citizen, said money is the most effective way to befriend a politician and to gain access and appointments.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Lets see if he can survive the confirmation process.

Just more hopeless change...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
His new NSA is another "Wall Street" fatcat, as well.
Who has no experience in the intelligence community.
Why the heck do we need that kind of person as NSA?
Frightening. Wondering if he is a frontman for some other agenda.

Obama sure has a cozy relationship with all these Wall Street types he is supposed to
be gunning for, eh?

new topics

join