It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google 2.4% Rate Shows How $60 Billion Lost to Tax Loopholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Google 2.4% Rate Shows How $60 Billion Lost to Tax Loopholes

www.bloomberg.com

Google Inc. cut its taxes by $3.1 billion in the last three years using a technique that moves most of its foreign profits through Ireland and the Netherlands to Bermuda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow! Thought we should all be informed about this, as Google will one day be the biggest company out there. Saw it on Drudge Report and thought some would like to discuss this. I like how they are avoiding The United States taxes, as they shouldn't have to put up with them. Soon the government will wake up and say, "Wow we are losing a lot of money because our taxes are too high on these companies." Basically, I think they would make more money if they did lower these taxes, not entirely sure what they are, hence I post for discussion. Please leave any info that you may have regarding United States Taxes on companies and what you think about them.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
and you wonder why google is so big.... because they are able to save so much in taxes that ends up going right back to the company to grow it and make more jobs... Lower taxes makes more jobs in the long run

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

The thing is it drives jobs out of America.

The long run at the moment doesn't matter. People need jobs NOW.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Informativeme because: Incomplete thought

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Informativeme
reply to post by camaro68ss

The thing is it drives jobs out of America.

The long run at the moment doesn't matter. People need jobs NOW.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Informativeme because: Incomplete thought

well yeah, if i can make 10% more profit by moving across the alantic ocean im going to do it. dont blame the companys because they are moving to make more money. blame the govement that is forcing the taxes on them to make them move in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I like how the article states that it COST the government 60 billion. It didnt cost the government anything. The author seems to be biased in that he assumes the government has a right to this money, when they most certainly do not.

Kudos to Google for looking out for their shareholders, while giving the government a proverbial middle finger.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
I like how the article states that it COST the government 60 billion. It didnt cost the government anything. The author seems to be biased in that he assumes the government has a right to this money, when they most certainly do not.

Kudos to Google for looking out for their shareholders, while giving the government a proverbial middle finger.

I agree, it doesent cost the goverment nothen. its googles money. I like your canceled M-16. You know that’s 10 years for a canceled weapon. lol

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with what Google is doing. They don't want to pay taxes to crooked Politicians who will waste the money.

The problem is Google folks are big Libs. They love Obama and Big Government only when they don't have to support it.

This is the case with most rich liberals.

They love big government but hate taxes so the middle class gets screwed because they have to support the spending habits of the crooks in Washington.

Why do you think most liberal actors, actresses and singers start Corporations? They want to shield their money from taxes. This way they are paid all of their money and it goes through their Corporation and they don't have to pay taxes on that money off the top. It's shielded by their Corporation and they can use that money to build wealth.

Michael Moore has a Corporation, Bill Maher, Clooney, Damon and the list goes on and on.

These Liberals are hypocrites and useful idiots in the Middle Class support them when they scream for Big Government.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

true,,, but google did pass that cost on to poor americans,,,, we're all responsible for debt,, me and you can't find a loophole but big corporations always do

if the bills, debt, have to be paid regardless,, then google just screwed me and you

and i do agree with the gov't is wrong in thinking it was entitled to that money,,, but big biz has so many loopholes and subsidies that most oif us will never know about, it's sickening

i'm currently reading "free lunch" which is all about big biz subsidies
timely thread

towns actually allow walmart to keep all sales tax,,, or no property taxes if they come to their town
crazy

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Google didn't screw anyone, the federal government did by getting us into debt in the first place. Can't blame a person or a business for looking our for their best interests.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its called basic business ownership! You are in business to make money and to look out for your investors, the government has no lawful right to tell you as a business owner what to do.....as Bigtimecheater stated above, I'm glad to see that google gave the Government the "proverbial middle finger"!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Did anyone here take a look at the rate? It's 2.4% for crying out loud. 2.4%! This isn't a tax cut. This is the fleecing of America people.

And Obama attends a fund raising hosted by Google and not one word was mentioned about Googles actions.

After news of Google tax dodges, Obama raises money with Google execs

When it comes to being a hypocrite, no one can do it better than Obama.

new topics

top topics

join