It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am sick of this corporation. They claim to be unbiased and run an ad-free service, so they can generate a revenue from an enforced license, with the potential threat of prison if you get caught watching TV without a license. Not to mention how the bosses and some of the stars have unjustifiably huge pay packets.

I am absolutely sick of the amount of product placement I see in BBC shows. I am also really struggling to grasp just how devoting airtime in a news program to advertising the new Microsoft product is fair. I wonder how much M$ paid the BBC, because that is NOT news. It is advertising plain and simple - how do they get away with it?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
dont forget the £500,000,000 that comes out of our taxes to fund BBC Worldwide

Its biased and not worth the money.l....so i dont pay haha
I sent them a letter telling them i dont watch tv...and i also removed there implied right of access....so they cant even come check hahaha mugs

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Good thread, let's see where it goes.

I rarely watch any shows produced by the BBC, but I do read and watch their News service. I'm more concerned about the left wing bias, which manifests itself in their reporting of most things, but especially things like politics, crime and climate change.

I know it used to be the case, but I wonder if the BBC is still revered worldwide, or whether the trust has eroded over the last ten years or so?

I sometimes check out Biased BBC blog - wonder what others think of it?

biased-bbc.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not many responses, I'm not really surprised because its not a false prediction or UFO thread.

I guess nobody cares about real conspiracies and corruption any more, they just go after the fantasies.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the way the BBC reduce crdits to cadge in a promo for another show is very annoying. when the TV fee finally goes [the final testement to oxbridge mafia] then the BBC will have to becoem a proper service.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
the way the BBC reduce crdits to cadge in a promo for another show is very annoying. when the TV fee finally goes [the final testement to oxbridge mafia] then the BBC will have to becoem a proper service.

It will never go. Too many rich people benefit from it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Your not alone, ever since the bbc refused to show the gaza appeal i cancelled my dd and had no licsense since. They keep knocking my door but as soon as i find out who they are just say no thanks and shut it on them, yeah they still knock etc but just post a return visit card through. one even stuck his foot in door which he quickly removed when i kicked it out the way lol

Bottom line is never let in them to see tv on nor sign anything & there is absolutely nothing they can do.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bull i worked for this bbc scum in london, and it totally put the final nail in my working life.

Mi5 garbage run you can bet on it.

Corrupt power mad loons, that have a right to perve into peoples lifes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Google " Implied right of access "

Find a template letter and send it off to them.
They then cannot approach your property to speak to you....they cant write to you or telephone you either.
The only people with an implied right of access is the postman and a passer by, ie asking for directions.

Basically it means something along the lines of once the notice is recieved if they decide to chance it and come round anyways you can have them done with agrevated tresspass and harasment.

Ive not heard a thing since sending them it haha. No sight of the "detector" vans yet lol.

Its easier than having to avoid opening the door....its law they have to obide by it or face the wrath of the courts

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any large organisation will typically be victim of corruption, either from within or from with out, and with the size and the amount of money available to the BBC, there will be things they do that will be seen as corrupt.

Other than a well known left wing bias, which I can hardly see as corruption, what is the evidence you have for the BBC being corrupt?

Are they being used to change regimes? Or change our voting habits?

Of course they are changing how we see the world by what they report and how. But that is a charge that can be levelled at all media outlets and all governments so they must all be labled as corrupt.

new topics

top topics

join