It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese woman forced to abort 8-month-old fetus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Chinese woman forced to abort 8-month-old fetus

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – A pregnant woman in south China was detained, beaten and forced to have an abortion just a month before her due date because the baby would have violated the country's one-child limit, her husband said Thursday.

Construction worker Luo Yanquan said his wife was taken kicking and screaming from their home by more than a dozen people on Oct. 10 and detained in a clinic for three days by family planning officials, then taken to a hospital and injected with a drug that killed her baby.

Family planning officials told the couple they weren't allowed to have the child because they
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What a horror story! I thought people who broke the once child rule were just fined heavily as the article mentioned. I wonder if they would have been able to move out of the city, they could have kept the child? I've heard of farmers and people in rural places getting to have more than one child.
Either way , what happened was so wrong, and I am glad they are able to come forward with the story , and at least get it out to the world media with texting and internet. Even if the local Media wont touch it . Neither will the lawyers.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ugh i read this before and was sickened .... what is wrong with people?!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yay government!

Used to be the cray of "won't someone think of the children?!" was the way to get idiots to go along. Now it's "won't someone think of the state?!"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Makes me wonder, why they #ed around to produce another child. I mean, China enforces the 1 child rule for decades. It should be well known by everyone....so why break the law? Especially if you know how insane the chinese can be when someone breaks one of their laws.
It was their own fault, they should've known better

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Its sad that the Chinese are forced to turn to this being so Overpopulated. It just seems like there could be better ways.

Now think about it like this:

She has the baby. Its taken from her and put into an orphanage with 1000s of other children who are poorly attended to. The baby then has several social and retardation problems from not being touched or fed regularly. Then it must go its whole life not knowing her own mother and father and is behind in society.

Now I'm not saying that this would happen but it is an alternative used in such places as Russia.

Which ones better? They're both TERRIBLE I agree but the overpopulation in China has to be dealt with somehow.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by Elsek

Without government interference population regulates itself.

Once you start going out of your way to provide and care for them you limit the death rate. If the death rate is limited you soon have too many to provide and care for. So the quality of that care plummets.

The end result is too many people being poorly cared for.

They never should have meddled in the first place.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Populations are exploding no matter who tries to control it. I think this story is missing a part. There is more to this story we are not being told. More deception from the God and Guns crowd I think. Forced abortions are not commonplace in China.
I recently took a trip with a Chinese girl who was forced to bear a child by the US goverment. It was the best thing that ever happened to her. She was raped and then put in prison, pregnant. Her son is a golden child. I tell this story just because it is interesting, not for fuel for any side of the abortion argument.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Populations are exploding no matter who tries to control it. I think this story is missing a part. There is more to this story we are not being told. More deception from the God and Guns crowd I think. Forced abortions are not commonplace in China.
I recently took a trip with a Chinese girl who was forced to bear a child by the US goverment. It was the best thing that ever happened to her. She was raped and then put in prison, pregnant. Her son is a golden child. I tell this story just because it is interesting, not for fuel for any side of the abortion argument.

Yadda yadda blah blah blah.

Anyway back on topic. So they murdered her unborn child eh? I hope they give the couple some sort of compensation. Extra rice credits, A nice new shiny Chinese built Chevy, a free semister at school or someting worthwhile to offset the " Breaking of the law" All hail the next up coming global super power.

Stay tuned, coming to a neighborhood near you.

edit on 21-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

most of my chinese friends say that enforcement of the rule is really lax. sometimes there's a fine, sometimes there's nothing, sometime's you get thrown in a van and forced to have an abortion. one of my good work buddies was one child of a two child family and all they faced was a reduced fine. everything from enforcement of the law to which school your child goes to in china can be as much about who you know and who you bribe as anything else.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The phrasing of the title of this story worries me. She was not forced to abort it; it was forcibly aborted. The title makes her complicit in the act in a way, rather than purely a victim... I know no one is actively thinking of her as complicit, but the language charges it that way, and that's disturbing.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How is this even remotely a horror story? The couple obviously knew the rules and tried to break them. Did they think they were going to get away with it? Give me a break. This sounds like more of an attempt to prove a point by causing a little bit of drama than anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arroyo.hondo

How is this even remotely a horror story? The couple obviously knew the rules and tried to break them. Did they think they were going to get away with it? Give me a break. This sounds like more of an attempt to prove a point by causing a little bit of drama than anything.

Dragged away. Kicking and screaming. Forced abortion of a child (8 months is NOT a fetus)... Ya, that sounds like a horror story. Give you a break? If that had been you and your soon to be child, would you not fight what happened with what was available? Public response to this is not in favor of the family planning commission, what makes you so tolerant of it? Oh that's right, you don't live there and you didn't experience it.

edit on 21-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arroyo.hondo

a horror story because this woman was beaten and forced to kill her baby. She may now have to have additional surgeries due to the placenta left inside, after the shot casued stillbirth. Most people that break the 1 child rule are fined. Are you really that insensitive to fail to see how this constitutes a horror?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
8 months is not a fetus.
Forced abortion of a child.

8 months is a fetus.

It's not technically a child until it's born.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Whatever. At 8 months, a child/fetus can survive. That was the point.

Anything else to add?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
She has the baby. Its taken from her and put into an orphanage with 1000s of other children who are poorly attended to. The baby then has several social and retardation problems from not being touched or fed regularly. Then it must go its whole life not knowing her own mother and father and is behind in society.

Now I'm not saying that this would happen but it is an alternative used in such places as Russia.

Which ones better? They're both TERRIBLE I agree but the overpopulation in China has to be dealt with somehow.

Usually the children put into orphanages in China are firstborn girls, so the couple can have another try at getting a son. And handicapped kids are sent to orphanages too, as most couples want the one child they can have to be perfect.

The orphanage is paid to receive the child, not to keep it alive. These children don't live to ripe old ages.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yes, sorry.

calling bs on this one.

no way that happens.

i know, no proof it did or didn't.

ain't happening nowadays.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by LadySkadi
8 months is not a fetus.
Forced abortion of a child.

8 months is a fetus.
It's not technically a child until it's born.

My youngest was born at 8 months.
He sure looked like a child to me.
- one frightened baby, needing cuddling, needing sweet milk, needing the coating of buttery stuff wiped off him.

I guess the doctor and midwife were just ignorant, calling him a baby while checking his position and heartbeat during the birth.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Interview with the father...

...The couple already have one daughter, but accidentally conceived a second child. When they found out, at the end of the first trimester, they decided to keep it - thinking that the worst they'd get is a hefty fine.

But just a month before the baby would be due, family planning officials in their county found out and dragged them to the hospital. "There were many men surrounding my wife," Luo Yanqua says in the video. "They held her arms behind her back and pushed her head against the wall. Checked her stomach... and I don't know if they were trying to give her a miscarriage right there and then."

Link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join