It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband of outed CIA agent calls Dick Cheney ‘traitor’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The husband of outed CIA agent Valerie Plame has a name for former Vice President Dick Cheney: "traitor."

Plame, a former CIA officer, was outed by administration officials amidst her husband's criticism of the evidence in the lead up to the US invasion of Iraq. Cheney's then-chief of staff, "Scooter" Libby, was convicted and sentenced to 30 months in prison for lying and obstructing justice about his role in the leak. Also among the leakers was former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage. Bush commuted Libby's sentence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

"They betrayed the national security of our country," Wilson, an outspoken critic of the Iraq War and former U.S. Ambassador said. "By betraying the identity of a covert CIA operative, whose identity is kept secret because it's in the national interests that the identity be kept secret, in order for her to be able to acquire foreign secrets on behalf of our country."

Wilson also later went on to say that he didn't know if former President Bush was a traitor as well.

"I don't know what he knew," Wilson said. "We were unable to get that in criminal court and were unable to get there in civil court because the Supreme Court denied us the right to go ahead pursue civil charges against him or a civil case against him."

I personally don't like this Joe Wilson fellow, or his wife to be honest, however I agree with him here. The implications of this incident are huge and it is much bigger than simply "outing" a covert CIA agent. It was a punishment or threat handed down by the Bush admin (neo-con) for Wilson not going along with the agenda or daring to challenge it.

This was a clear effort to shut Wilson up and to scare any other agent or intelligence service employee who doesn't either stay quiet or play along with their anti-American agenda.

Because this incident was blown open, we get a rare chance to see some of the tactics used to keep any patriotic agents quiet, while the corrupt use them to push forward with their treasonous agenda.

This should have been a crime and it certainly should have been investigated as such, however I believe that it is only part of the much larger case against the neo-cons getting us into an illegal war by lying to us... a war that has killed thousands of our heroes (much more than 9/11) for really no other purpose than to enrich a few and push forward with an anti-freedom and anti American agenda.

What I find that surprises many people, is that nobody was held accountable for this "outing". Instead, Scooter Libby was only prosecuted for lying to investigators, not the actual act of "outing" itself. The American people were once agains jipped of justice.

This incident just shows how evil, maniacally corrupt and calculating the Bush admin was and it implies their intentoins with the war. They didn't get faulty intelligence that lead to war, rather they ordered faulty intelligence or created it. I don't believe that anything the Bush government did was by accident, the screwing that we all recieved was intentional as they sure seemed to profit.

This country is not going to progress until we start holding these people accountable. Justice needs to be served and because justice is not being served, it sends a loud and clear message or a precedent that will only be exceeded. We need to send the message that America is better than that and the people are capable of controlling their government, as opposed to the other way around.

I know, I know, wishful thinking, though the notion still stands. We aren't going to move ahead, until we clean up behind and make these criminals pay for their crimes.

--airspoon
edit on 21-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If this is what Joe Wilson thinks about Cheney, imagine how Scooter Libby feels about the Dick.

I imagine that when the Sith Lord finally succumbs, there will be many, many tales to be told and lots of memoirs to cash in on.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What I find interesting is when you say:

I personally don't like this Joe Wilson fellow, or his wife to be honest

Especially after all the good things you say about them in your OP.

Just curious..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I agree. Dick and Karl Rowe are both traitors. They should both be hung. How we allowed it to go down the way it did, should really say something about how pathetic we are these days. When SHTF, I'm a find them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CAT Master

I should have said that I don't agree with Joe Wilson's political ideology and I believe that he was trying to churn this incident into something else. As far as him personally, I have no idea whether I'd like him or not, as I've never met him. As far as his motives for opposing the Niger yellow-cake fairy tail, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, though my point was dealing more with the Bush admin response to his actions, as opposed to his actions themselves.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Justice? In America?

Where was everyone when Iran/Contra broke wide open?
Why was everyone pardoned immediately by Bush Sr? ( we need to ditch presidential pardons)
Someone, ANYONE! - Tell me who was the last person in government to be convicted of anything?

Yep, the silence is deafening.
These administration insiders make millions from illegal methods, shady backroom deals, no bid contracts yet are never even charged. Wars based on lies, thousands die, no one is held to account.
God forbid I should fail to file an IRS form declaring a few hundred dollars in income!
It should be obvious to all that the reason the Law enforcement agencies in America have been militarizing is because they are afraid that eventually the serfs will rise. Yep, you're gonna need that armored car to get the hell out of dodge when the people get fed up!
Our justice system exists to serve the elites, like everything else we have created in this modern age.
The world is going to fall one way or the other, absolute tyranny (we're perilously close now!) or real freedom.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Tell me who was the last person in government to be convicted of anything?

Actually, there have been a slew. But convicted congresspeople still get their pension. It only costs US about a million a year to give pensions and benefits to convicted congressmen, so it's not like real money, or anything. (Yes, that's sarcasm).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Why was everyone pardoned immediately by Bush Sr? ( we need to ditch presidential pardons)
Someone, ANYONE! - Tell me who was the last person in government to be convicted of anything?

Well Scooter Libby was convicted and isn't it so interesting that Bush Jr. did NOT pardon him...

And Cheney was pissed.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dick Cheney gets a bad wrap all the time. I don't know this man personally, I know not to go hunting with him. I don't think he is this great big bad guy like everyone puts him to be though.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
SERIOUSLY?

He's not that bad? Compared to who? HITLER? STALIN? MAO?

No he's not bad compared to them but ... oh wow when you look at the Cabinets of bush Jr and Obama it's a veritable who's who of tax cheaters dirty dealers and influence peddlers... MOST of which are truly evil people from the school of government that believes us peons should STFU and let the exalted class get on with Governing us because we can't be trusted to govern ourselves.

Dick is one of the worst he's so deep in dirty money and back room deals that have cost lives businesses and the savings of countless americans....

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: airspoon

The husband of outed CIA agent Valerie Plame has a name for former Vice President Dick Cheney: "traitor."

Plame, a former CIA officer, was outed by administration officials amidst her husband's criticism of the evidence in the lead up to the US invasion of Iraq. Cheney's then-chief of staff, "Scooter" Libby, was convicted and sentenced to 30 months in prison for lying and obstructing justice about his role in the leak. Also among the leakers was former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage. Bush commuted Libby's sentence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

"They betrayed the national security of our country," Wilson, an outspoken critic of the Iraq War and former U.S. Ambassador said. "By betraying the identity of a covert CIA operative, whose identity is kept secret because it's in the national interests that the identity be kept secret, in order for her to be able to acquire foreign secrets on behalf of our country."

Wilson also later went on to say that he didn't know if former President Bush was a traitor as well.

"I don't know what he knew," Wilson said. "We were unable to get that in criminal court and were unable to get there in civil court because the Supreme Court denied us the right to go ahead pursue civil charges against him or a civil case against him."

I personally don't like this Joe Wilson fellow, or his wife to be honest, however I agree with him here. The implications of this incident are huge and it is much bigger than simply "outing" a covert CIA agent. It was a punishment or threat handed down by the Bush admin (neo-con) for Wilson not going along with the agenda or daring to challenge it.

This was a clear effort to shut Wilson up and to scare any other agent or intelligence service employee who doesn't either stay quiet or play along with their anti-American agenda.

Because this incident was blown open, we get a rare chance to see some of the tactics used to keep any patriotic agents quiet, while the corrupt use them to push forward with their treasonous agenda.

This should have been a crime and it certainly should have been investigated as such, however I believe that it is only part of the much larger case against the neo-cons getting us into an illegal war by lying to us... a war that has killed thousands of our heroes (much more than 9/11) for really no other purpose than to enrich a few and push forward with an anti-freedom and anti American agenda.

What I find that surprises many people, is that nobody was held accountable for this "outing". Instead, Scooter Libby was only prosecuted for lying to investigators, not the actual act of "outing" itself. The American people were once agains jipped of justice.

This incident just shows how evil, maniacally corrupt and calculating the Bush admin was and it implies their intentoins with the war. They didn't get faulty intelligence that lead to war, rather they ordered faulty intelligence or created it. I don't believe that anything the Bush government did was by accident, the screwing that we all recieved was intentional as they sure seemed to profit.

This country is not going to progress until we start holding these people accountable. Justice needs to be served and because justice is not being served, it sends a loud and clear message or a precedent that will only be exceeded. We need to send the message that America is better than that and the people are capable of controlling their government, as opposed to the other way around.

I know, I know, wishful thinking, though the notion still stands. We aren't going to move ahead, until we clean up behind and make these criminals pay for their crimes.

--airspoon

Dick Cheney is still alive!

new topics

top topics

join