It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google To Bring/Translate 2000 Year Old Dead Sea Scrolls Online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Google To Bring/Translate 2000 Year Old Dead Sea Scrolls Online

www.independent.co.uk

The 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls, some of the oldest, historically richest and most fragile religious texts in the world, are to be made available to more than a billion internet users thanks to a plan to put digitised images of the manuscripts online from next year
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.dispatch.com...

The project will grant free access to the 2,000-year-old text - considered one of the greatest archaeological finds of the last century - by uploading high-resolution images. The first photographs are slated to be online within months.

The scrolls will be available in both original languages and in translation.

edit on 21-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I LOVE GOOGLE. They seem to always want to provide the public with answers, and interesting content. Good on them.

I'm sure that when the translations of the scrolls and all 900 manuscripts are online that there will be a lot of interest and dispute into what they tell us.

Personally I hope that they tell us something about the ET's that were here in the ancient times, and give us some answers that today's government fears we will one day find out. I'm not sure if they will, but I'll be sure to check them out once they're up.

Either way, they should be an interesting read.

Cheers
Brady

www.independent.co.uk

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it's going to be exactly whats in the king james bible we have today and already know. In a nut shell wold government will be forced down peoples throats and you will have to accept the mark of the beast or not if you didn't make the rapture, and God wins in the end defeating satan of course. Just be ready for the disinformation wars about "et" these demonic devices will fool even the elect.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Man, don't jinx it

This is great opportunity for mankind

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The dead sea scrolls have been kept private by the Israeli government because of all the contradictions they contain, I think that scholars have spent the last 60 years trying to decide how they will approach this situation.

I was under the impression that some of the writings in the scrolls contradicted the biblical stories and some of them predated biblical times by many years but still told of the same events/stories. This would mean that parts of the bible are just retellings of much older stories and did not actually take place when the bible states they did. So it would not be something similar to the King James bible, quite the opposite, like the Gospels of Thomas.

However I'm suspicious that google is able to make them available. How did they gain access to them and will it really be everything in it's entirety? I will look forward to reading them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Yes. But from what I believe, ET's are the origin of religion. I tend to compare religious belief's and systems with ET races. It's my belief, I'm not saying it's right.

So I'm excited in the sense that I can compare some more info, it could be revealing.

Cheers
Brady

edit on 21-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I believe that this is why they have hidden the information for the 62 years too.
I expect there is going to be a lot of controversy over what the scrolls say. Personally I'm not religious, so I'm just interested in how other religions will react to what they translate to. There's no doubt there's going to be a lot of religious controversy. But in saying that, they might bring some understanding to what happened back in those days. It could be the complete opposite of what we're expecting. Who knows?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Just a few comments here since I have been researching the Thanksgiving Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls since 1974:

1) My principal concern is over the translation of those phrases which are currently translated as follows (by Geza Vermes):

"Of the vision of knowledge, they say 'It is unsure'. And, of the way of Thy heart, 'It is not the way.'"

"They" are, of course, the Jewish religious 'authorities' in Jerusalem, who were the enemies of the author of the Thanksgiving Hymns.

Now, the proper translation of these phrases, for the purpose of indicating their significance, is as follows:

"Of the Vision of Knowledge, they say 'It is unsure'. And, of the Way of Thy heart, 'It is not the Way.'"

The Jewish and Christian researchers of the Dead Sea Scrolls have NO idea whatsoever what the meaning is of either the term "Vision of Knowledge" or the term "Way of Thy heart".

The "Vision of Knowledge" is the same as the "Tree of Life" (which is also NOT capitalized in the Jerusalem Bible translation of Genesis 3:24); which is the same as the Vision of the "Son of man" in the Book of Daniel, which is the same as the "Night Journey" of Mohammed in the Quran.

The "Way of Thy heart", on the other hand, is a code-word reference (from the Book of Isaiah 55 & 8:16) to the Revelation of the "resurrection", which includes the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7) and the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

2) The Internet publication of these documents, then, is a distraction from the fact that, not only do the Jewish and Christian Dead Sea Scrolls researchers have NO idea whatsoever as to the meaning of those documents; they have also been censoring and suppressing, for almost 20 years, research which clearly demonstrates that the only plausible author of the Thanksgiving Hymns was Jesus.

But the publication of merely that one fact would threaten the very foundations of, especially, Christian theology.

So this is NOT something that you are going to find published anywhere else than in the book I published in 2007 and on certain other forums on ATS.

In any case, the Jewish and Christian religious 'authorities' STILL attribute NO significance whatsoever to someone's claim that he (or she, as in Genesis 16:13-14) has received the Vision of the "Son of man"; while, at the same time, categorically denying that there is ANY possibility at all of receiving either the Revelation of the Memory of Creation or the revelation of the memories of previous lives--the Doctrine of "resurrection" being disinterpreted as, instead, in accordance with the Egyptian-Pharisaical doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave.

And, of course, one of the principal goals of the media is not to convey the meaning of the Dead Sea Scrolls; but, instead, to preserve the economic interests of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' by conveying the impression that, because the Dead Sea Scrolls themselves are being made available, the Jewish and Christian researchers (NO Muslims need apply) MUST actually know what those documents mean.

Michael

edit on 21-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add reference to the Book of Isaiah 8:16

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

This is something I was worried about. The translations being mis-interpreted and causing havoc. I also hate the fact that the government can censor and suppress the information that is being shared.
I read that they do have scholars on board, so I think that translations they have trouble with will go through some extent of knowledge before being made official. I'm not sure when to expect these scrolls to be online, but I'm sure it will be a few years away yet.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ

This is something I was worried about. The translations being mis-interpreted and causing havoc. I also hate the fact that the government can censor and suppress the information that is being shared.
I read that they do have scholars on board, so I think that translations they have trouble with will go through some extent of knowledge before being made official. I'm not sure when to expect these scrolls to be online, but I'm sure it will be a few years away yet.Brady

In addition, the entire 50 some year-old 'Dead Sea Scrolls Scandal' was a total scam; a tempest in a teapot concocted by both the Dead Sea Scrolls researchers and the media to convey the impression that now, at last, the 'truth' would finally be published about the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Newspapers and the Biblical Archaeology Review and the book publishers, of course, made millions of dollars from such a scam; and the Jewish and Christian religious establishments, not surprisingly, 'concluded' that "nothing in the Dead Sea Scrolls seriously threatened the fundamental doctrines of either Jewish or Christian theology"...

Which, of course, was the whole purpose of the Dead Sea Scrolls scandal in the first place: to preserve those religious establishments.

The fact of the matter is that the translation into English of the very FIRST of the Dead Sea Scrolls that were found already constituted the death knell of Jewish and Christian theology; so it became of critical importance to distract as many people as possible with any number of other trivial matters. People were regularly propagandized to await with bated breath yet additional scrolls and what those scrolls might reveal; etc. etc. etc.

Anything to convince people NOT to consider that the Thanksgiving Hymns could have been written by Jesus...

The radio carbon dating of 1QH, for example, not even being widely reported until November,1991 (in the Biblical Archaeology Review); that is, some 44 years after it had been discovered.

And, of course, there was a similar 'problem' was the clear correspondences in the repetition of the number 7--as well as mention of the name Michael--in both the Scroll of the War of the Sons of Light and the Revelation of John and the Book of Daniel...

The most reasonable question to ask being whether there was not a direct relationship between such writings.

A question which has still not been answered, and for obvious reasons, by the Jewish and Christian religious 'authorities'.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
The dead sea scrolls have been kept private by the Israeli government...

The Israeli government may very well be guilty of a number of things; but I seriously doubt that it is necessary for it to become involved in this particular issue.

The religious 'authorities' and their accomplice whores in the media are fully capable of protecting their own economic interests without the involvement of the politicians.

In the United States, for example, the Chicago Tribune (I sent dozens of pages of my research to a Ron Grossman, the writer of several articles in 1990-1991), the New York Times and the Biblical Archaeology Review (which would not even publish a "letter to the editor" summarizing my research) are up to their eyeballs in the censorship of research demonstrating that Jesus was the author of the Thanksgiving Hymns.

This was because they instinctively understood that such research would threaten their more than 2000 years old con job/theft by deception scam.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat I will look forward to reading them.

This, of course, is what the Jewish and Christian religious 'authorities' DESPERATELY hope for:

That you will spend your time reading these scrolls; and that you will pay NO attention whatsoever to the fact that they are incapable of providing even a remotely reasonable explanation for what those scrolls mean.

Ask ANY Dead Sea Scrolls researcher the meaning of the term "the Vision of Knowledge", from the Thanksgiving Hymns (1QH).

And, if they cannot answer that ONE question, they have NO idea whatsoever as to the reason the Dead Sea Scrolls were written in the first place.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just wanted to leave my comment in regards to a few points brought up here..
1. the vision of knowledge, this is only a theory but Could it not be implying the emergence of modern technology?
2. In regards to ET's and the bible, there are some references to ET's indirectly and direclty in the bible, and not to bring up the quaran ( I am christian btw) but it has some interesting facts about there being 7 other kingdoms. I"ve always considered the theory that those 7 other kingdoms being species amongst our dimensions.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I would not trust Google as far as I could throw them.
I am highly sceptical that any important information regarding the Dead sea scrolls will be edited out

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by srbouska
Just wanted to leave my comment in regards to a few points brought up here..
1. the vision of knowledge, this is only a theory but Could it not be implying the emergence of modern technology?

NO. Not a snowflake's chance in HELL.

The question was what authority did Jesus have for making the statements that he made.

And one answer to that is that he had received the Vision of the "Son of man" or the "Vision of Knowledge".

And the reply of the Jewish religious 'authorities' was "SO WHAT?"

A lot of people receive this or that vision or another. No credence can be placed in such individual, personal experiences. They are no more than dreams or imaginations.

In other words, "of the Vision of Knowledge, they say, 'It is unsure'"; in other words, that such a vision cannot be trusted as conveying any real information or Truth.

2. In regards to ET's and the bible, there are some references to ET's indirectly and direclty in the bible, and not to bring up the quaran ( I am christian btw) but it has some interesting facts about there being 7 other kingdoms. I"ve always considered the theory that those 7 other kingdoms being species amongst our dimensions.What are your thoughts?

References to the number 7 have to do with the Knowledge conveyed through the Vision of Knowledge.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Regardless of the content and how redacted the document might be, someone should be on standby and save the document/download the document to their pc in the even that it does contain some mind shattering information. It will most undoubtedly be 404'd by TPTB or any religion that wants to maintain control over it's worshipers. From there it can be spread to a 100 people in no time, then they can't stop the proliferation of the Dead Sea Scrolls

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stryker Ops
Regardless of the content and how redacted the document might be, someone should be on standby and save the document/download the document to their pc

You underestimate the seriousness of the problem.

There are, most probably, hundreds of thousands of copies of 1QH (the Thanksgiving Hymns) in English currently in print.

It is not the documents themselves that are in question anymore.

The problem is that people have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what those documents mean.

It is not the documents themselves that are being suppressed. All of that was Dead Sea Scrolls Scandal 1.0.

It is the censorship and suppression of the meaning of the Dead Sea Scrolls which is Dead Sea Scrolls Scandal 5.0.

That will NEVER be covered by the media this side of the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel.

in the even that it does contain some mind shattering information.

It won't.

That is the plan, after all; to convince people that it MIGHT.

This is what the distraction is all about.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stryker Ops

Let me make a suggestion.

Find yourself a copy of the Thanskgiving Hymns in English; they are readily available at most religious book stores.

Then, just read the Thanksgiving Hymns AS IF they were written by Jesus, in order to see if they make any more sense on the basis of such an hypothesis.

For example, the following:

"Thou hast caused me to dwell with the many fishers
who spread a net upon the face of the waters."

Note any correspondences at all to anything in the Gospels?

The Christian religious 'authorities' would prefer that you DIDN'T.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Do you see how few people have either responded to or 'flagged' this thread?

This indicates precisely how effective has been the censorship and suppression of the Truth about the Dead Sea Scrolls by the whores of the mainstream media: those scrolls are now universally considered as being of no importance whatsoever; and as having already been completely explained so there is nothing more of importance to say about them.

Had this thread been started at the height of the media frenzy about the 'Dead Sea Scrolls scandal' in 1990-1991, there would have probably been hundreds of replies by now and dozens of 'flags'; and maybe the Truth would now be much more widely known.

Oh, by the way, the ultimate goal of the Dead Sea Scrolls scandal --which, utterly unbeknownst and/or of no concern whatsoever to the media--is not merely to preserve the economic interests of, especially, the Jewish and Christian religious 'authorities'.

Rather, were it not for the preservation of the Satanic doctrines of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' contradicted by the Dead Sea Scrolls, there could not possibly be the genocidal conflict between Jews, Christians and Muslims either over the city of Jerusalem or Iran's uranium enrichment program.

More specifically, for the media to now widely publicize either the Truth about the Dead Sea Scrolls--or, for that matter, the Truth about the Nag Hammadi Codices, discovered in Egypt in 1945 (among them being the Gospel of Thomas)--would very seriously threaten the plans of TPTB to bring about the horrors of the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel.

Michael

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So you're going to hate me. I do believe in the power of knowledge and that many historical items such as the Dead Sea Scrolls contain information that will blow ones mind however I do not believe in Christ or Jesus. I don't know precisely what I believe in however you cannot convince me that something exists which has never been proven to be fact or fiction. Also Organized religion disgusts me as it is full of contradictions that do nothing but maintain a swagger that boasts how powerful they are in everyone's lives. You can worship a pope or rabbi or what have you but I won't. Any organization that has an 11 trillion dollar wall that says paid for with your donations and continues to see the millions of people without homes or food is beyond me how they keep worshipers. When the pope compares atheists to nazi's then that shows just how shallowminded the church really is. Now that that's out of the way.

I do appreciate your information don't take my first paragraph wrong it is not an attack on you, just organized religion. Thank you for enlightening me to the meaning of the post. I had figured but my post didn't come out correctly. My point was that it most certainly will be redacted in the same manner or a more slimy manner by TPTB (government or organized religions) so that they can maintain this information as well as some power over you and I. In the instance that something exists in these redacted scrolls that one can discern we should try to capture that information in some way shape or form.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join