It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auschwitz survivor: ‘Israel acts like Nazis’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

One of the last remaining Auschwitz survivors has launched a blistering attack on Israel over its occupation of Palestine as he began a lecture tour of Scotland.

Dr Hajo Meyer, 86, who survived 10 months in the Nazi death camp, spoke out as his 10-day tour of the UK and Ireland – taking in three Scottish venues – got under way.

As usual the same old boring anti-semite tags appears ironically this time on a holocaust survivor

His comments sparked a furious reaction from hardline Jewish lobby groups, with Dr Meyer branded an “anti-Semite” and accused of abusing his position as a Holocaust survivor.

The supporters of Israel has become like the boy who cried wolf. This is precisely the correct logic and analogy to expose the fallacy of defending or justifying the behavior of the Israeli government by labeling critics of the Israeli nation or the Israeli military as anti-semite or racist.

His comments

Speaking as his tour got under way, Dr Meyer said there were parallels between the treatment of Jews by Germans in the Second World War and the current treatment of Palestinians by Israelis.

He said: “The Israelis tried to dehumanise the Palestinians, just like the Nazis tried to dehumanise me. Nobody should dehumanise any other and those who try to dehumanise another are not human.

“It may be that Israel is not the most cruel country in the world … but one thing I know for sure is that Israel is the world champion in pretending to be civilised and cultured.”

www.heraldscotland.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread. This is why I feel the true Messiah must show himself soon. This is not Israel. I could careless if you gave me a chocolate gold coin and told me it was legit.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. This is what many of us have been saying all along, though the apologists choose to either stay in denial or they simply ignore because it doesn't fit in with their world view or how they were indoctrinated.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You know it! Soon the Messiah will come and fix this mess! I hope to GOD!! That this will end soon.
Messiah is coming I can feel it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
from wikipedia:

Bernard Lewis defines antisemitism as a special case of prejudice, hatred, or persecution directed against people who are in some way different from the rest.
According to Lewis, antisemitism is marked by two distinct features: Jews are judged according to a standard different from that applied to others, and they are accused of "cosmic evil."
Thus, "it is perfectly possible to hate and even to persecute Jews without necessarily being anti-Semitic" unless this hatred or persecution displays one of the two features specific to antisemitism.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's rich. Now a Holocaust surviver is branded as an Anti-Semite???

Is anyone in the world allowed to postulate anything about Israel without being decried as an Anti-Semite?

Wow. Can we call Israel a Christianophobic state then? It is defined as a name for "every form of discrimination and intolerance against Christians".

In May 2008, hundreds of New Testaments were burned in Or Yehuda, Israel after having been collected by the Deputy Mayor who described the material as "Messianic propaganda" and claimed the books were burned by three Yeshiva students.

In May 2009 a Russian orthodox church in Northern Israel was showered with stones thrown by yeshiva students, injuring many of the congregation.

In 2009 a church in Israel was vandalised. Messages such as “We killed Jesus” and “Christians out” were written on it, as well as "# off" which was adorned with a Star of David. Churchmen at the site also stated that the church doors are urinated on almost every day.

en.wikipedia.org...

A very few examples. However, it is fine to persecute Christians, especially Catholics, without fear of recourse, labeling, or worldwide outcry.

Anyone who dares speak anything against the party line of Israel is immediately trounced as anti-semetic, and people will avoid association with them, out of fear.
This is a prime example of what ridiculous lengths will be attained against anyone who criticizes Israel. A Holocaust survivor...

Crazy times we live in.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

You know it! Soon the Messiah will come and fix this mess!

No he won't.. there's no such thing. The sooner humans realise that they need to fix their own messes, the better.

IRM

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well that is your own view. Mine is different. Mine is Judaism.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Read and become enlighten.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I have to agree.

I really don't like how he's been branded as an anti-semite. This shows that Israel is so far off of their rocker that there is no turning back. They've gone past the point of no-return.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

This is typical..
Once again the title and content is just provocative padding to the very thin content.
Instead of giving us the quote, which is actually pretty accurate, the OP chooses to concentrate on responses, and the "blistering attack" just to blow it all out of proportion, and to hype the reader.

He says

He said: “The Israelis tried to dehumanise the Palestinians, just like the Nazis tried to dehumanise me. Nobody should dehumanise any other and those who try to dehumanise another are not human.

That's it.
This isn't about genocide, this isn't about death camps, this isn't about anything other than dehumanization.
Furthermore there's no context, he doesn't say to what extant, he doesn't say in what ways (There's no propaganda against Palestinians, and it doesn't say what he's referring to), and they don't bother to ask, that way they can tag whatever context they want to it.

The OP himself even left out a bit of contextual test:

“It may be that Israel is not the most cruel country in the world … but one thing I know for sure is that Israel is the world champion in pretending to be civilised and cultured.”

This whole thing is absurd. When you take this whole thing out of context, and out of proportion, like this reporter did, it's easy to get from people the "He's an Anti-Semite" response, and quote it to blow it all even more out of proportion.

Come on, the poor guy says this one little thing, and suddenly he gets turned into this "Anti-Semite" by a reporter? This is the lowest journalism gets.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Bad spelling (sorry to edit after you posted btw)

The Messiah is called JESUS to many. I can't prove it and don't want to. All i'll say is it's/he is a belief, the same as your "Messiah".

I respect your point of view and will fight for your right to have one. However if Israel is trying to bring him about by laying the groundwork for WW3 then I stand against.
edit on 21/10/10 by Caveat Lector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

I don't understand. Maybe because I'm tired here. The Messiah will come soon. I can feel it inside. I see it in my dreams and Jews, Hebrews, whatever you want call them will unite with the gentiles for peace!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Yes, Israel has proved that it is a hardhearted and loveless nation. In fact, it is exactly like its enemies.

In my survey of the best countries in the world, I have to say NZ and OZ are the best.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Sheol

Yes, Israel has proved that it is a hardhearted and loveless nation. In fact, it is exactly like its enemies.

In my survey of the best countries in the world, I have to say NZ and OZ are the best.

Israel is not beacon of Humanity, let me put it that way.

As for your two best countries: I wish we just had more American's in Australia. As for NZ, yes a top country until the Jewish PM, Helen Clarke, came in and drove a wedge between our long and prosperous unity of Australia and NZ. She threw away the alliance with Australia and banned people with no criminal record form entering NZ for simply questioning the holocaust!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Thanks Cav,

I am sorry that Helen is pissing everyone off - she is our ex PM and she is certainly NOT the PM of anywhere - she is something on the UN.

I will personally bring her back home and smack her.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Yes I am wrong here, sorry. Helen Clarke, a Jewish attempted destroyer of a GREAT alliance between two small countries is no longer the Prime Minister of New Zealand. Good riddance and long live the ANZAC alliance!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

YEAH!

Go OZ and NZ!

I have a feeling we will need each other!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Yep, you should have bought more frigates/planes/Armour that's for sure. But hey those decision were before we knew of their plot hey?

Seems like 'off the topic' but 100% relevant to the OP title btw!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

You know - I would like to think that we are a peaceful country and an asylum country - for some reason I do believe that.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Not sure I am following you here... The OP *DOES* have the quotes you mentioned and there are no edit tags, so they were there to begin with.

And yeah, you don't have to commit genocide to be "like Nazis". The whole dehumanization of a large group of people is bad enough.

edit on 10-21-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Oh sorry, didn't catch that second quote for some reason..

All I'm saying is what the guy said isn't that bad..

I don't think he's trying to say Israel is the same as Nazi Germany, or abuse his status as a holocaust surviver.

He's just saying nobody should dehumanize anyone, and that Israel *tried* (noticed the past tense?) to dehumanize the Palestinians, just like the Nazis succeeded in doing to the Jews.

Doesn't mean that he thinks Israel is as bad as the Nazis, or that they use the same methods, or that it's done on the same scale, but the headline, typically, is "Israel acts like Nazis" to imply that the Israelis behave to Palestinians the same as the Nazis did.
But he's far from saying that..

It's just a provocative title, wrapped with nonsense about him being regarded as an anti-semite to demonstrate Jewish and Israeli thickness, with one rather moderate quote in the middle of it all..

Don't you think?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join