It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I'm 33 1/2 and still a virgin. It was the age of Jesus when he was crucified.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here's my advice, but first questions.

You have this attractive female roommate who won't date you because she says you're her roommate. How did you get this roommate? There aren't too many situations that an attractive girl rooms with a man that she doesn't assume is gay. Not in my experience. In fact, I don't know of a real life (not movies) situation where a girl living with a guy where he wasn't gay.

If you aren't gay (be honest), then I would say your roommate, at the very least, views you that way.

So my advice. You live with this girl. Talk to her. She knows you...maybe better than you know yourself. Find out from her what she thinks the situation is.

As for the Jesus complex? We are all meant to lead by example, but don't read into your situation.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
im just going to throw it out there.... have you watched 40 year old virgin?

If you want to find a girl, get off the computer, go to bars, talk to girls, (there easy at bars) and take them home. better off if you live with your mom or dad go to the chicks house. J/K, but it really works if you want slutty girls.

The whole jesus thing. dont look to far into it. you dont want to compare yourself with the lord. get your life strate, go out and do fun things with friends and you will fall into the girl of your dreams. hell i was best friends with my girlfriend for 3 years before we started date. ( we been dating for 2 years 2 months now) we would hang out every weekend. hell there has only been maybe 5 weekends in the last 5 years we were not togeather doing something.

I asked her to go out with me, she said no she just wants to be friends. I was in the friend zone deep for like 6 months but i got out of it.

I got her drunk, kissed her and then had her explain to me why she kissed me the next day. been dating ever sence.

edit on 21-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
congratulations op, maybe you do have a special role ahead of you. don't let your ego get the better of you though, that role may be good or bad. your headaches are not a good sign.

looks aren't everything, maybe you just emit weirdness. maybe it's time to stop the pursuit of women and seek the kingdom of heaven within. strangely enough, i'm willing to bet that once you start doing this, all kinds of women will throw themselves at you and tempt you to throw you off the path.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Let's face it, until we guys get laid for the first time, we're basically psychopaths waiting to happen.
If the usual routes aren't working, get a hooker man. (I'm not even joking, there's at least one state where it's even legal)....should be legal everywhere, but that's a different argument for a different thread.

After that, you'll then be able to move on more or less in a normal fashion.

Lose the Jesus complex...I'm betting that's adding to the creep factor vibe, which is instant female repellant.

If the hooker thing really throws you, try going to some parties and hooking up with some gal. You're just looking for a first friend, so you shouldn't be looking for "THE ONE" or anything... She doesn't have to be all that....basically female, breathing, and able to say "yes".

Good luck man.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Let's face it, until we guys get laid for the first time, we're basically psychopaths waiting to happen.
If the usual routes aren't working, get a hooker man. (I'm not even joking, there's at least one state where it's even legal)....should be legal everywhere, but that's a different argument for a different thread.

After that, you'll then be able to move on more or less in a normal fashion.

Lose the Jesus complex...I'm betting that's adding to the creep factor vibe, which is instant female repellant.

If the hooker thing really throws you, try going to some parties and hooking up with some gal. You're just looking for a first friend, so you shouldn't be looking for "THE ONE" or anything... She doesn't have to be all that....basically female, breathing, and able to say "yes".

Good luck man.

to add to what you are saying he just needs to have his, lets say first experence. its a real mind blocker if you cant get it. And when your at these partys. put on the drunk goggles and go for the 5. no need to shot for the stars and get the 10. just go to a party collage town for a weekend. you will find one. holloween should be the weekend
edit on 21-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think that you have looked deep enough for the answer to this one. Maybe you are sub-consciously driving these women away or giving them the wrong message? Could it be that you don't want to have meanigless sex with someone you don't care about?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

The first time, being with one you love thing is a romantic ideal....but now, it's just a matter of preserving one's sanity.

A bit tongue in cheek above, but the OP has to question what he's really looking for here. Are you searching for the impossible? Everyone has their flaws...there is no "perfect" person out there. And, every relationship does not have to progress to being "THE ONE". For one thing, YOU probably won't even know what you are really looking for your first few times out....you learn more about what you want by being with people, and realizing what is truly important to you. (which may be different than what you THINK is important now)....

And dude, who uses HALF ages after the single digits man? I'll edit it for you, if you like....

edit on 21-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
On what basis are we supposed to be able to tell whether or not you have a leadership role in your future? How can we answer that question when you did not provide us with any evidence to suggest that you will ?
Do you have a life long history of being a natural born leader? Or did you take some extensive class in effective management techniques?
See what I mean?
Your question is based on a link you have made in your own mind about the life of Jesus. It would look something like this:

Jesus lived a celibate life + Jesus was a leader of people + I live a celibate life = I will be a leader the way Jesus was...

Christianity is notorious for teaching people to repress the sex drive. It's your own beliefs about sex that have to be examined, in my opinion. If you don't know what I mean , just think about all the things the Bible says about women: they are unclean because they menstruate...original sin is all their fault because of Eve and are therefor evil in nature...

I mean it's sick to think about how Christianity warps a man's perception of women. You may need to deal with these thoughts, and because they are all in your subconscious mind it might take some serious introspection before you are able to access and then change those thoughts.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You may end up being a great leader, but before we start deluding ourselves (which is frequently the case with people who allow their love juice to back up into their brains), let’s try a good ol’ fashion Craigslist post.

I took the liberty of writing you one:

Jesus in search of his Mary Magdalene
33 year old virgin, possibly the Son of God, seeking a woman named Mary who likes walks on the beach, going clubbing, bloging online, and washing my feet with her hair.

Nothing serious at first, but could lead to my fall from grace, a seriously hot divine experience.

Me: Able to walk on water, turn water into wine (very popular at parties), heal the blind, and fly a flag without a flag pole.

You: Named Mary, looking to hook up with the Messiah, and somewhat easy.

Picture of me attached:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68f78e0db6ad.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 21-10-2010 by JonInMichigan because: added picture

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm kinda confused about your post.

2nd

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In 2010, unless you purposefully want to stay a virgin, there really isn't much reason for why you still are.

Some are cheaper than others, know what I'm sayin'?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

That was very clever and funny.
Actually, it is so funny that he might get some out of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

What part was confusing? Happy to clarify.

Nice Buddy Christ Craigslist Ad...

I've got "Christ" in my given name too, but the last time I tried to walk on water, I got wet, and the last time I took a drink of water, it was still water, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the son of God.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I call BS

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As for getting off the "friend list" and over to boyfriend material, one word: Confidence. You can listen all you like making the girl feel good about you, but at some point you need to demonstrate you're a man. Be confident about your decisions, the people you choose to hang out with, your goals and the ways you will achieve them. Coming from someone who has never had an issue meeting girls, I can tell you that if you're lacking in confidence then you're "just a friend" and always will be one. And do you know why confidence matters besides elevating you to a man? A woman wants to feel safe. And your confidence keeps her feeling safe.

Hope that helps, and also drop the BS about being Jesus - you'll only attract nutters with that stance.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
my suggestion and sorry if someone already suggested it, i did not have the time to read every reply;

Is to look for guided meditations aimed toward helping you find your guardian angel or get angel tarot cards and read the instructions.

When u find who is watching over you sit with yourself and ask for help!!!

Remember to ask to keep your greatest good in mind and if it is believed to be right for you things will happen like miracles just keep your heart open (don't cross your arms or any other body part)

good luck

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Dude - there is no particular way to look gay. Gay men look the same as everybody else. Where in the world did you get the idea that there is a "gay look"? I've known some effeminate looking men who were straighter than straight and some macho looking men who were gay. Good grief.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

There are exceptions...but yes, there are some "gay looks" for both men and women.

Look, you see two women with short hair, severe faces, and primarily men's style clothing, minimal jewelry and makeup, getting into a LeBaron convertible. Do you think they are straight?

Likewise, you see a guy with feathered hair, cutoff jean shorts, and a half shirt. Think he's straight?

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

Back to the problem though, even a straight guy can set off the gaydar, especially if he has an effeminate voice...no matter what he's wearing. That's something only the OP can answer, as to whether or not others may think that of him. Of course, you could always work it to your advantage, depending on your own ethics, and make gals think that they've "turned" you....

As for getting off the "friend list" and over to boyfriend material,

Unless SHE always thought of you as boyfriend material, but SETTLED for being your friend, there is no "getting off the friend list". Women aren't like guys in this respect, so I've been told. If they've always thought of you as just a friend, that's where it stays, other than a drunken "mistake", or a lost in the moment mistake. (which then becomes awkward)...

edit on 21-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join