It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Insect - Anyone know what this could be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have done identification on hundreds of household and urban pest samples. All of them were done with a sample in front of me. There are diagnostic keys that we use to eliminate false possiblilities and then procede down the list looking at mouth parts, number of segments in the legs, hairs on various parts, bumps on the prothorax and so forth. No identification can be made from photos, let alone fuzzy photos. Take your samples to the nearest college or state agriculture office for advice and directions to the proper entomologist to find your answers.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey there, that is definitely a RedbudTreehopper. Google it now and see clear pics. It had to be driving you crazy not knowing. Lol. Good find!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Definitely a RedbudTreehopper. Google it to see clear pics if it. Had to kill ya not knowing. Sorry being 5 years late. Lol

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowed
For gods sakes would you guys look at the picture before you say stupid things? It's not a dung beetle and the OP isn't trolling. Just because you are ignorant on a topic and don't want to add to the discussion and just criticize doesn't mean you should. You should have some manners. Think outside the box if you don't know what it is then you don't know what it is. I'm so sick of that attitude here on ATS. You don't even think before you speak.

Possibly a horned fungus beetle

Just so you know beetles can fly and it most likely did just fly away.

Then why did he start the same thread again after the one in 2010? Ah same old 210 thread...Lol

edit on 17-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ddickey84
Definitely a RedbudTreehopper. Google it to see clear pics if it. Had to kill ya not knowing. Sorry being 5 years late. Lol

Hey you are late with this...but yeah I think you got it!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That is definitely, undoubtedly.. a very tiny dinosaur.

In seriousness, whatever it is it's very odd - almost seems to be attempting to stand upright.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join