It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the craziest dream or nightmare you ever had

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Once me and my mother had the same dream on the same night about being taken in a car to a strange parking lot on a very specific street, at a very specific location. Once there, the "car" became a typical, cliched looking flying saucer, and a typical "grey" alien was present.

Another one took me around the corner in a separate craft, out of sight. That's where my dream and my mother's diverged. She remained in the parking lot and a sort of (what she called) "baptism" was performed on her by the grey. They said, "You're one of ours now," as they poured some kind of thick, sticky liquid over her body.

In my dream, I awoke from a trance-like state to find myself in a playground atop a hill, in a valley-like area lined with suburban looking houses. I noticed other children my age around me (this was 13 or more years ago; I have the date written down in a journal, and once posted a thread about it, but can't recall it directly right now.) They were also in a trace state. I pointed at something bright, hovering in the air above me. I have never been able to remember what it was. I screamed in utter terror at whatever it was, though. The other kids began to wake up, and they all pointed at it and screamed too. We then ran away in terror, myself sliding on my rear end down a dirty embankment lined by trees, and eventually out across a freeway adjacent to the valley/playground area. There was a bright flash of light, and I again found myself in a dream-like, trance state. Unable to think or focus.

In my mom's dream, there were official looking people in black suits trying to get into the parking lot to capture the grey. She screamed, and the next thing she knew the alien had become a human again, and the craft had again become a car. The government looking people seemed perplexed and frustrated. We got back in the car and were driven home.

When we woke up that morning, we told each other about our dream. Our alarm clock had been turned over, and hadn't gone off at the time we had set it for. The time was wrong on the clock as well. And we remembered the street name from the dream. We actually went out looking for the place (crazy, I know,) and found the location. It was identical in all respects to the dream. A parking lot identical to the one she described, and around the corner across a freeway, a playground on a hill identical to the one in my dream.

Other than that, and the clock, however, there was no physical evidence that anything actually happened. No dirt on my clothes. No sign that she had been exposed to the sticky liquid. No symptoms of asthma on my part (which I would certainly have suffered if I was awakened in the night after having been asleep, and then forced to run in terror in cold air. I usually have symptoms when waking from sleep whether I exert myself or not, even on a good day. And it was much worse when I was a child.)

That would have to rate as the strangest dream or nightmare I've ever had, because it was so real and bizarre. I have posted about it a few times over the years in the hope that by some random chance, IF something actually happened, someone who was in that playground that night might see my post and tell me they had a similar dream. No one has though, and as I said, there were physical inconsistencies with anything actually having happened, so I remain skeptical that anything actually took place. It was probably just a dream. A hell of a coincidence to be sure, but a dream all the same. Still, who knows? I don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

Having this thread pop back into the recent posts today was a but of synchronicity, as I had possibly the worst nightmare I've had in decades just last night. I've decided to pull no punches describing this one. Usually, I'm a very happy type of guy. I see solutions instead of problems and can see the good in everything, but after waking from this nightmare around 3:30 this morning, I was shaking and just... wreaked.

On with the dream:

I was living with my Dad in his old workplace, back in my home town of Hokitika, in a shop front, and my bedroom was in the display area at the front, right next to the main windows that faced the street front. For the first part of the dream, we interacted normally, eating together and all was good.

Suddenly, the phone rang and he entered the back room to answer it. He suddenly emerged totally changed. He was wearing some type of ammunition belt, that criss-crossed in an X shape around his chest. A bandoleer, I think it's called.

He also carried a sledgehammer. His personality also totally changed. Gone was the very intelligent person I knew (in the SAT's in NZ he tested in the top 1% of the population) and was instead a completely retarded version of himself. I do not mean that in any disrespectful way, it was like he had suffered a massive brain injury. I was more like living with Dr Frankensteins monster. I was beaten with the sledge hammer often. I distinctly remember waking in my bed in the shop-front and often having my Dad just inches from my face, sledge in hand, staring and ready to destroy me with the slightest provocation. The fear in this part of my dream was something else. It was a physical thing that undermined my ability to think, act or do anything. During this part of my dream, it became imperative that I called 111 to get the cops around, but I was always thwarted my my Dad. Every-time I tried to get near the phone, he acted out and began to smash me with the sledgehammer. My injuries were brutal. I clearly remember one instance where I went to grab the phone and had my arm split in two from a blow from the sledgehammer.

I should add - I have always been able to feel pain in my dreams. Always. I know what it is like to have many terrible injuries. According to most scientific opinion, this should not be possible. But I can, and do feel pain. Have done since I was born.

The injuries were horrific. Broken bones poking out of my skin, crushed head and generally just carnage. Each time I would be beaten, it would appease my Dad and I would heal (although the aspects of how I did this are fuzzy).

This dragged on for some time. Weeks, I think. One day, I managed to escape (I don't remember how), and found myself outside the shop front, looking into the windows with a good friend of mine from High School. I clearly remember asking my friend "Perhaps he's calmed down" My friend replied "No, he's still raging in there. We all know it. He has done since he changed."

I should add at this point that never in my life have I suffered physical abuse from my Dad. Last time he tried to smack he (when I was 10 or so) I managed to accidentally knee him in the testicles and ran away from home for half a day cause I was so worried I hurt him

So absolutely no history of physical abuse. Mental, yes. But not physical.

Anyway... We could see my Dad walking thru the shop/office, sledgehammer smashing everything in sight. My friend remarked "That's what we see every night since you've been gone."

We walked across the road to a school type setting. Suddenly I had to judge a flyer competition the students had done. The subject was "Radiation pants make your bum look big"
Weird, I know.

Anyway, I'm looking at all these flyers, and suddenly there's a commotion at the door. It gets smashed to pieces. Guess what? Dads back. Even more stiff and retarded then ever. My friend flees. He shouts over his shoulder "He's coming back Shane!"

Then I wake up. Scared the crap out of me, and left me watching the sun rise, while drinking a beer. It wasn't the physical assault, rather the inability to help my Dad. This is first time I have dreamed of him in over five years.

Now, a little background. my Dad went missing a few years ago, presumed dead. He did some terrible things before he went missing. He is wanted by Interpol and by some South Pacific nations on rape and torture charges. He slipped away while on bail. I have no problem talking about this and can provide proof if needed. My biggest regret in life is not being able to find him before he died (if he actually did).

The thing that shocked me the most was the phrase "He's coming back Shane!" I know it's probably just a sons wish to see his Dad again, but damn it shook me to my core. Not wanting to sound up myself, but I'm a physically active and tough person. I work very hard physical jobs and have never been intimidated by someone's personality or physical appearance. I know myself mentally and often put myself in situations where panic would mean death (solo caving and climbing etc...). This dream rocked me to my core. And remember, I'm a happy guy, and usually well in touch with his thoughts. This dream came out of no-where.

Sorry to bum out the thread

But thanks for the opportunity to rant and vent.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There was a name repeated over and over again in my dream last night. It was on a label on a wine bottle and I read it again and again and told myself not to forget it so I could look it up the next day. Wouldn't you know it, I forgot it. It starts with 'G' and had something to do with Charlemagne.

gorvenchio, goventio, gravencho - something along those lines.

I just had to make note of this because it seemed so important to remember in my dream.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ever since i was a kid i always had this reacuring dream, i was going on a family trip in the car and to leave the state we had to cross a bridge. but when we got up to the bridge the car was loaded onto a really big rollercoaster ( i have never like rollercoasters; i am not sure which came first the dream or the dislike) and will always wake up before the rollercoaster starts going down

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join