It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Appeals Court Reinstates 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Appeal of DADT Ruling Puts Administration in Bind.
A federal appeals court Wednesday reinstated "don't ask, don't tell," the military's policy forbidding openly gay troops from serving.
A three-judge panel granted the Justice Department's emergency request to allow the policy to remain on the books so that the appeals court could have more time to fully consider the issues presented.

On the other side, an attorney for a gay rights group pushing to change the policy suggested today's reversal would be only temporary.

The legal wrangling has infuriated gay rights activists. The Obama administration has vowed to work to repeal the policy in Congress, but has said it does not want the issue decided by the courts. As such, government lawyers are in the awkward position of defending a statute that the administration admits it is against.
Gay rights groups urged President Obama to abide by the ruling and allow the nearly 16-year-old policy to immediately end. However, President Obama, has said he will continue to fight the policy in court and will work with the lame duck Congress to repeal it after the elections.

Gay Military Service Members Must Again Hide Sexual Orientation and I don't understand what this Administration is doing. Is Obama for Gay Rights or Against them? I don't get it, He's the POTUS.
I don't have a problem with the Men and Women that are gay. Hell, That's their business and and they've been around for as long as history it-self. They've been in the Military and they've giving their lives for us.
I know I served with Homosexuals in the Army when I was in back in the early 70's didn't make a damn thing and did doesn't now.
abcnews.go.com...
abcnews.go.com...

MODS: I used the search option and found nothing, please remove or move.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The above post was Yesterday and here is Todays,,,, Pentagon revises 'don't ask, don't tell' discharge procedures.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Thursday ordered all discharges under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy to be done with the approval of a Pentagon-appointed team.

In a memo obtained by NBC News, Gates said discharges now must have approval from secretaries of the Army, Air Force and Navy, and only in consultation with the Pentagon's general counsel and undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness.
However, another Pentagon official said he refused to offer guidelines to recruiters on whether to accept applications for service from openly gay individuals and said he made it clear that anyone who applies would have to abide by the terms of "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

WTF, Obama, You're the POTUS, you can't follow through with a Campaign Promise?
You Got No Balls, You know That? These people came out and Voted for you in the Millions because of Promises you made to them.
I'm not Gay but I do have a niece that is and a cousin too. My grand-niece would like to go into the Army to be a nurse, but she's afraid too.

More of the story here: news.yahoo.com...
Pentagon trying to change culture to allow gays.
It comes down to changing the culture, and top brass say they need more time. The military has been long resistant and, at times, hostile to gays, and it draws much of its 2.4 million members from socially conservative parts of the country.

This is an important Statement, please read it carefully: "If your commander-in-chief says this is the new law, then that's the way we follow it and we make it work," said David Hall, a former Air Force staff sergeant who was discharged under the 1993 Clinton-era policy. End of Quote.

Get it? If your Commander-in-Chief,,, isn't that Obama?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's really funny that the two POTUSs (Clinton and Obama) that want this law changed has never served in the military yet they can dictate to what they say the military needs.

Heterosexual men don't want homosexual men around them. It's not discrimination or anything like that. It's just the thought that homosexual men like men. That's all. I'm not going to tell a homosexual he can't be with another homosexual. He just can't be around me. What? I haven't got that right? I don't want a lot a different people around me. I don't like loud-mouthed, arrogant Yankees around me. I don't like people that don't take care of their hygiene, i.e. STINK, around me and I don't want men who have sexual relations with other men around me. They're weird, okay? Weird. Plain and simple.

Homosexual men shouldn't have the right to be around heterosexual men. The way heterosexuals view homosexuals is that homosexuals are sexually aroused by men and heterosexuals don't want that around them. Heterosexual men don't even want lesbians around them because what good are they to a heterosexual male.

End of story.
edit on 22/10/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

new topics

join