It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Federal Reserve Cause a Civil War?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think the time is ripe to follow Ron Paul's lead and take steps to end the Fed.
If required we should riot as the French are doing and end this corrupt zionist organization.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/759819d30bcd.jpg[/atsimg]

BRING BACK THE GOLD STANDARD!

What is the most likely cause today of civil unrest? Immigration. Gay Marriage. Abortion. The Results of Election Day. The Mosque at Ground Zero. Nope.

Try the Federal Reserve. November 3rd is when the Federal Reserve's next policy committee meeting ends, and if you thought this was just another boring money meeting you would be wrong. It could be the most important meeting in Fed history, maybe.

The US central bank is expected to announce its next move to boost the faltering economic recovery. To say there has been considerable debate and anxiety among Fed watchers about what the central bank should do would be an understatement.
Chairman Ben Bernanke has indicated in recent speeches that the central bank plans to try to drive down already low-interest rates by buying up long-term bonds. A number of people both inside the Fed and out believe this is the wrong move.
But one website seems to believe that Ben's plan might actually lead to armed conflict.
Last week, the blog, Zerohedge wrote, paraphrasing a top economic forecaster David Rosenberg, that it believed the Fed's plan is not only moronic, but "positions US society one step closer to civil war if not worse."

curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com...

edit on 20-10-2010 by i am just saying because: added content

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

yes.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Such a turn of events is certainly not unrealistic. There is reason to believe that they were the instigators of the first American Civil War, although that was done for other reasons. Hell, they've had numerous high visibility persons assassinated as well, including Presidents, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. So I see no reason why they wouldn't hesitate to do whatever it takes to trigger another such war.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Another good read on how to proceed bringing down the Fed.

The legitimate protests and the ones that genuinely hurt the establishment and put the idiot anarchists to shame are being run by French workers, truck drivers, and union leaders, and enjoy the support of around 70% of the population.
Over a thousand gas stations have now run out of fuel across France, with strategic reserves set to last just a few weeks. Flights and trains have been disrupted, organized slowdowns have snarled highway traffic. The French are showing Americans how it should be done, by uniting peacefully to shut down an entire country. This is genuine people power – the French are sending a message to the establishment that they will no longer play ball until the looting stops.
www.infowars.com...

The most effective way is to stop freight from moving, stop fuel from reaching gas stations, stop everything but food from reaching its destination.

Human protest only at the Fed's front door. No rioting and looting or tearing down other businesses JUST THE FEDS!

edit on 20-10-2010 by i am just saying because: added content

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am not saying that this report was wrong. I am just wondering how. who would be the protagonists? Should be be between the people tha TPTB then wouldn't that be a revolution? rather than a civil war, as the one side would not be organised such as the participating factions in the first US Civil war. Unless this get really serious with this Tea party thing very quickly!

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
it very well could cause a Civil War
however I think TPTB have another agenda
in mind for it's outcome. And has anybody
thought maybe Bernake may be doing
this on purpose to enter the NWO as a
saviour?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The TPM only needs a spark to go over the edge, it is a hot water kettle sitting on high heat and beginning to simmer. Given a good reason and IT...IS...ON...

I agree with you though that it will resemble more of a revolt and not a civil war unless the Federal Reserve has a section of Americans willing to defend it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I agree that the FED RES has to go, however I'm not so sure that we should bring back the gold standard because the same people will still control the currency. You see, whoever owns the most gold, will be able to manipulate the currency, just as the FED is doing now.

I think that our biggest problem is not that we have a fiat monetary system, rather it is that we have a debt based currency that isn't controlled by the people.

I have thought long and hard on this issue and I believe the best way to go, is a fiat system that isn't debt based and that is completely controlled by the people, as opposed to being delegated to a central banking system or bankers in general.

Many people falsely believe that by going back on the gold standard, somehow things would get better and be more "fair". This notion probably stems from the downward turn that our economy took when we were bumped off of the gold standard, however that downward turn started when a central bank was established and congress delegated the power to issue currency to the bankers, who then established a debt based currency. It's just that we didn't realize the downward turn right off the bat.

Again, the problems wouldn't simply go away because you change from fiat to the gold standard. Instead, they would probably stay the same, as the same people would control the money supply and be able to manipulate that currency because they own most of the gold.

If we stay on a fiat system but do away with the debt-based system that we have now and put the issuance of currency back in the hands of the people, as the Constitution originally called for, then only the people could manipulate the currency, at least in any kind of major way. The problem isn't with the fiat monetary system that we have, rather it is with the debt-based system that isn't controlled by the people and instead is controlled by the bankers. A fiat system is the only way to go to insure that a small group doesn't gain control of the money supply to manipulate it at will.

The issuance of currency should be the power of the people, and the markets should manipulate that currency, not the bankers or any smal group of people who only stand to benefit from that manipulation.

--airspoon
edit on 20-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The bankers control the value of gold so it would be the same as fed reserve notes
If you wanted to scare the Fed you would bring back
The Greenback, the United States controlled its value
until we got suckered into going back to the bankers fractional reserve system.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The whole American economic system is on a literally one-way road to complete collapse. The recession was but a small example of how ridiculously self-destructive the US economy is. And with the ever-increasing debt America is drowning in at the hands of the Fed and its own militaristic and political agendas, it's simply a matter of time before it becomes too much to handle. Not to mention the reports coming out on the net and here on ATS about the housing foreclosure fraud, which could spell out disaster for the big banks that run the whole show... Perhaps this series of economic failures could aid Ron Paul's mission to end the Fed? I really hope so.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

A star for you sir, excellent analysis.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
LOL... Bring back the Gold Standard?!?!?!

Are you insane?!?!?

The value of gold can be leveraged against us!!!!11

Don't you mean ...

Stop borrowing debt dollars from the fed and allow our congress to issue debt free currency!!!

Unless Ron Paul jumps on THAT bandwagon I really hedge at voting for him. As should everyone at this point.

I will consider him a much lesser corrupt/evil ; and all others which are obviously, openly, intending, plotting evil/fraud against America.

If our government started issuing GreenBacks tomorrow, that are debt free, would you accept them as payment for debt and use them to pay debts?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Will the Federal Reserve Cause a Civil War?

Undecided
edit on 20-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

If our government started issuing GreenBacks tomorrow, that are debt free, would you accept them as payment for debt and use them to pay debts?

YES

I thought the gold standard would be a good idea since I own quite a bit of it.
But I see how the greenback would be superior.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
the problems wouldn't simply go away because you change from fiat to the gold standard.

Exactly.

1. It's a matter of trust:
The world may hate America for all the various reasons... But they TRUST us to produce kick ass products that are reliable (most) of the time. (The world has seen Chinese Quality)

2. With the freedoms that we still enjoy, apart from what some people like to think of an oppressed state, It could be alot worse. America is still envied in that respect also.

If we stay on a fiat system but do away with the debt-based system that we have now and put the issuance of currency back in the hands of the people, as the Constitution originally called for,

Matter of trust. Do you trust that value of the paper money in your pocket?

Were it issued by our Congress instead of borrowed from the FED.Reserve (with interest!!!) you could trust that any debt incurred would be absolutely equal to the value that you are exchanging for it.

I mean, trading a cow (if you have one) for a nice suit... or an ounce of gold ... or a slave (kidding)... or 5 kegs of beer ... or $1000 of really cool looking paper knowing that it's all of equal value.

The paper is obviously easier to carry, easier to trade... until you need to trade for those 5 kegs of beer ... or cow or etc... or contractor to fix that leaky roof.

That's all money is... a way to balance out (set a value or quantify) what a good or service is worth.

Most people, myself included, have been in the dark about fiat currency and debt and the structure of our whole system.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So would I...

When Congress comes out and declares "turn in your federal reserve notes for US Green Backs; were issuing our own money now and you'll get $1 fed note = $1 Green Back. Federal Reserve notes will no longer be accepted for payment of debt. Fed.Res Notes will only be exchanged for US Green Backs"

How's that for legislation? Don't END THE FED. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Ron Paul. Put it into legislation... Renew the Constitution by renewed legislation. Reaffirm.

Wow, that'll be the day that we can pay off the debt and can control through Congress how much money is in circulation and the value of our own dollar. WITHOUT INTEREST DUE... To whom is interest due anyways?!?!

Get them the F out of our country. We owe them NOTHING. That's our only interest!

Pass it on.

edit on 10·20·10 by DrMattMaddix because: grammar sucks

edit on 10·20·10 by DrMattMaddix because: more grammer and junk

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Ok so we agree the Fed needs to be nixed, but now what? we can't even get them to allow an audit!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

People just don't READ!!!

DON'T END THE FED!!! Create/Legislate them out of existence.

If these high and mighty 'lawmakers', as they like to be called, introduce legislation .. OMG these folks are supposed to be CREATING laws by God! Then JUST DO IT!!! Stop cowing to threats of war. Our country, and the world has been through worse... Or are we all just too afraid ... just like the banksters want you to be...

Sheesh, we're all in this together.

READ MY STATEMENT quoted here again I'm not mad, some people are blind! xD

When Congress comes out and declares "turn in your federal reserve notes for US Green Backs; were issuing our own money now and you'll get $1 fed note = $1 Green Back. Federal Reserve notes will no longer be accepted for payment of debt. Fed.Res Notes will only be exchanged for US Green Backs"

How's that for legislation? Don't END THE FED. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Ron Paul. Put it into legislation... Renew the Constitution by renewed legislation. Reaffirm.

Wow, that'll be the day that we can pay off the debt and can control through Congress how much money is in circulation and the value of our own dollar. WITHOUT INTEREST DUE... To whom is interest due anyways?!?!

Send THAT to your damn federal 'lawmaker' and MAKE them smoke it!

Create legislation that Federal Reserve Notes will no longer be accepted.

"Congress will be issuing Green Backs from now on ... until all Fed Notes are out of circulation they WILL be accepted in exchange ONLY for US issued GreenBacks. $1 Fed Note = $1 Green Back"

Leave the details to them... We have PLENTY of artisans that can fight over the look of the bills.

As for WAR. Interference will be met with Federal Agents and FED.PEN will be an option for treason.

edit on 10·20·10 by DrMattMaddix because: grammer AGAIN

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Create legislation?!?! you're dreaming!

We can't even create the legislation that would allow the Fed to be AUDITED! They own the "lawmakers" !

Who is going to "create the legislation"? Dems, Repubs????
the only ones with any balls are RP and Kucinich and you see how the MSM treats them like they are crackpots!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Not! Americans are gutless, ignorant, passive cowards. You know that scene in Brave Heart where that british guy says he can sleep with mel gibson's wife? Today's American would not only let that guy sleep with his wife (assuming he's not one of those jacked up americans who goes fruity) but then hand the guy a few thousand dollars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join