It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Eagle Drags Goat off Cliff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is the most amazing thing Ive seen since I saw a Hawk catch a dove the other day and tear it to peaces alive. I find animals truly facinating at every level but this raises the bar a few notches.

Its narrated in a different language but still worth a watch.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Holy crap that bird is enormous. Good find!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

I gotta show this to my sister. She's terrified of birds.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Those birds don't mess around. I've heard accounts of them carrying toddlers away. When I was living in Philly, I was spending the day a Valley Forge, and got to talking to one of the rangers there. He told me they were having problems with large birds of prey (mostly eagles), swooping down and grabbing peoples dogs and cats in a nearby neighborhood. The lifting power of their wings is incredible.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
all I could think was poor goat,what a magnificent bird!

did I just see a bird carry a goat to it's nest? they must be small goats but still.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Damn, those are some huge birds, have to be 10-12 ft wingspans by my eye. I felt sorry for the goats, that had to hurt lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

WOW that is incredible I just watched a show a few weeks back on how the Mongolians hunt with Golden Eagles. If I remember right they hunt wolfs and these birds can take them down with ease....Great Find.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
THAT BIRD IS THE US GOVERNMENT AND THE GOAT IS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME. HOLY SMOKES THAT EAGLE IS A SMART ASS

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That's great. Eagles really are bad mofos. I wouldn't want to tangle with one. You can even hunt deer with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is funny, I just watched a new "Lie to me" episode last night where the main actor says "oh I'am watching a video of a golden eagle dragging a goat off a cliff". anyway funny coincidence. The vid is great, and I was imagining the goat say "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

edit on 21-10-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The one goat looks a bit large where the eagle glides down the mountain side with him. The golden eagle is said to be able to lift eight lbs. I imagine he can descend with a bit more than that.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
two words, three syllables: HO-LY SH*T

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
hmmm lends some credence to the myth of the thunderbirds eh?

new topics

top topics

join