It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ideas for weapons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
space based orgasmatron like in the woody allen movie. that would stop the enemy cold.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

a electromagnetic gun is a type of railgun but there are different types

what types are there

[edit on 10-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

What types are there?

theres a few involveing coils, a few involiving rails being electrofied and a few ones like the tokyo bullet trains. too many to count.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Women with huge boobs who smoother the enemy troops!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Weapons are barbaric. We need to focus our minds on how to live in peace and conserve whats left of this earth before its too far gone.(if it isn't already too late) weapons in the future will still be used by the powerful to become more powerful oppressing the weak and poor.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipside
Weapons are barbaric. We need to focus our minds on how to live in peace and conserve whats left of this earth before its too far gone.(if it isn't already too late) weapons in the future will still be used by the powerful to become more powerful oppressing the weak and poor.

if you want peace , prepare for war.
war has solved more arguemnts than any other alternative to date.
war isnt nice but sometimes its essential.
a weapon is only as barbaric as the man/woman using it.
most seem to be heading towards to space so im guessing world gov.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My idea would be to equip a big cargo plane with vertical launchers I would call it the plane of destruction.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think the best weapon is disease. Genetically engineer a bird flu or the Spanish Influenza and let it loose on an enemy country. Hell, no one would even have to know that you did it. Kill of millions of people, especially since the world is so urbanized now. Vaccinate yourself and allies, close off borders to stop the spread.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Okay I have a few, I'll put them in list format than explain them in the order of the list.

1. EM missile
2. EM satelite
3. Drill missile
4. Stuck bomb
5. Arm-mounted microwave gun.
6. Smart rocket launcher.
7. Psi-gun

Okay I'll explain them,
1. A missile that has an EM bomb in it that pentrates the hull (not sure if thats the right word) of a plane.
2. A fairly large satelite that can disable a single microchip or an entire cities electronics.
3. A missile that is equiped with a diamond drill head that spun at 2,000 mph to drill through thick metal, once its sensor device detected it was through the barrier it would explode. It could carry a nuclear warhead or a warhead with a smaller yield, this would be good for taking out heavily fortified buildings.
4. I origonaly came up with this idea well reading about seismometers on Luna (the moon) they would be dropped from a high altitude so it could go under ground, it could contain explosives or monitering device.
5. I was reading about microwave guns and thought the designs for them were not asteticly pleasing to me at least, so I came up with a design for it, the trigger if you can call it that, is actually a pull lever thing inside, you put half your arm in it and pull on the lever to fire, it would be alot harder to get it off you for the enemy than if you had a normal gun.
6. I dont know if anyones ever developed one, but it would be like a normal rocket launcher, maybe a bit bigger, it would fire special rockets that are longer than normal rockets, they would contain a tracking device in them so they would hit the target nd not something else.
7. Ok this one may seem a bit difficult to make, considering most scientists consider psi energy to not exist, the weapon would collect the natural psi energy made by the body, am plify it and shoot it as an energy blast. It would be a really effective, fast and economical weapon, unlike other energy weapons it wouldnt need huge amounts of power or overheat itself.

Id like you opinions on thse be they positive or negative.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Mini bombs filled with short lasting radioactive materials like radioactive gold.
That would radiate enemy troops and equipment while the terrain will be passable after some time.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Any organism is just a complex chemical machine that takes checmicals out of the surrounding environment, uses them, and gives off a byproduct.
If the proper chemicals were available in the atmosphere, or could be introduced into the atmosphere without destroying the ecosystem, the following woudl be possible:
A genetically engineered organism that will eat materials common to important military equipment, such as metal, rubber, plastics, or certain syenthetic blends used in clothing and load bearing equipment.

Metal is probably the least likely- i dont think the atmosphere would provide the compounds necessary for an organism to use in breaking down metal for use. Getting an organism to break down oil/rubber for carbon may be possible though. Vehicles, many types of containers and equipment, etc would literally disintegrate as microscopic creatures ate them.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here what my version of a good SMG should have.............
1. Bullpup design[4 light wieght, better range, and so it can be compact 2]
2. 45 or 60 Round Mags
3. 5.7-.to-.45 Caliber Rounds
4. Three firing modes= Semi-3 Round Burst- Fully Automatic
5. Foward Grip Handle
6. Laser Pointer
7. Scope
8. Silencer
9. Easy 2 use[Like reloading, cleaning, etc....]
10. Doesn't need much cleaning and maintence[Like the G36 and MP5 is]
11. Carring Grip[M16, M4, CAR-15, etc......have them so easy 2 carry while like at base]
12. Low Recoil
Plain out good 4 Special Ops [Like Coutner-Terrorist Missions Especially]

P.S. Good Point about the 1 handed thing Vagabond. That was the least important thing anyways. If ur a Special Operator, u won't ussually have 2 use that unless ur wounded in 1 of ur arms or like that.

Signature: Travel light, but carry a POWERFUL GUN!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
well if you want a good gun like that seal try the G11, although not a SMG it is a good rifle.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Take a 30 cal. bullet cast or injection molded out of hard plastic and put a thin wire of tungsten in the center. You need to get the velocity up to about a mile per second. The air friction against the plastic at this speed could ignite it and produce combustion which will increase the effective range. Theoretical penetration of a 1 inch long tungsten wire would be about 2-2 1/2 inches of steel. The bullet would be much more lightweight, therefore a man could carry alot more rounds. I would say that standard body armor would not stop this kind of round.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
VERY GOOD GUN the G11 is, but it just needs few upgrades. Cuz if so,
. Better anyways. I think it just needs some improvements, and
!!

Signature: Travel light, but carry a POWERFUL GUN!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yeah, that's a great SMG SEAL- you forgot to mention that it should double as a jet-pack and flotation device. I'm not trying to laugh at your idea, but it is a little wild. I know we're talking "perfect" so it doesn't have to be realistic, but its never going to happen.

You have to decide if you want a CQB weapon, an 300m assault rifle, or a 500m assault rifle.
You want laser sighting, folding stock, silencer, forward grip, one hand firing, low recoil and bullpup design. These are the traits of a CQB weapon which will be very disappointing when your target is a couple of hundred meters away. The low recoil means smaller ammo and smaller charges which will mean low energy at longer ranges. The one hand firing also equals smaller ammo, less ammo, and fewer attachments.

You want ease of operation for harsh conditions, medium to large ammo for greater range and power, high ammo loads, and 3 modes of firing. These are the traits of an assault rifle. You can have most of that, but the magazine will have to be well engineered for high capacity at large caliber. Lengthening it creates ground clearance problems in prone position, widening it creates feed problems.

You want a scope. If not the trait of a sniper rifle, this is certainly the trait of a weapon meant for use at over 300 meters, which places it on the outside edge of the assault rifle catagory. To be really effective at over 300 yards requires large caliber and tighter machining. This would make it tempermental about maintance and more prone to jamming like an M-16.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My idea would be to have a huge aircraft carrier with electromagnetic guns all over the side of the aircraft carrier. Then have a huge place for Peripheral vertical launchers all around the ship.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My idea would be to have a electromagnetic version of the Xm-307 20mm ariburstign waeapon system.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My idea would be to have a huge aircraft carrier with electromagnetic guns all over the side of the aircraft carrier. Then have a huge place for Peripheral vertical launchers all around the ship.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by blue cell]

uhhh as much as that would be cool i dont think you could call it an aircraft carrier more like a floating magnet!
and the recoil is going to be nasty.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

My idea would be to have a electromagnetic version of the Xm-307 20mm ariburstign waeapon system.

i thought about one that could fire one every second but i havnt figured out the whole rail heat problem bit. mabye 6 sets of rails and each rail gets 6 seconds to cool down?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join