It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has a black sheep in the family, right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
[Wasn't sure if this was the correct forum, so mods feel free to move]

On a recent trip to visit some family on my father's side, I found out some interesting, and rather discouraging information. My aunt, grandmother, and I were discussing geneology and it turns out I have some famous ancestors. Among them, Teddy Roosevelt, Orson Wells, the late Princess Diana, and Francis Cooke.

Then they saved the best for last.

Apparently, I have a second cousin, who is none other than GEORGE W. BUSH.

Now, I'm not terribly political. I don't really lean one way or the other.
But as a president, and a person, I couldn't despise the man more. Everyone who knows me, knows not even to bring the subject up. I was so disappointed, and rather humiliated. I didn't even bother asking how or in what way we were related. Just knowing was enough shame for me.

Anyone else have a black sheep they'd rather keep hidden in the family farm, so to speak?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That's cool! Well I don't know about a black sheep or George Bush. But I did start a thread where I discuss my surprising background.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Great thread! I know what you mean about not living up to your newly discovered lineage.. I feel now like I should be doing something great and important.. but more so to make up for G Dub's 'blunders'

edit on 20-10-2010 by casijones because: stickler for spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Heck! We should run for public office and then become famous. I bet we can a lot better then most of the people in leadership now.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

lol i descend from all the holy roman empers,kings of bavaria, kings of bohemia, denmark, sweden, norway, hungary, and hundred of counts, and to top iot all elizabeth the queen, william blount, elvis, and through elizabeth many presidents might i add, and nazi officers who escaped to america lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm the black sheep in my family. I'm the middle child (the forgotten one). My older sister was always the golden child, never doing anything to get herself in trouble, my younger sister was always the baby, so she could do no wrong.

I was always the one who got blamed for anything and everything, even if I didn't do it I would get the blame, and neither of my sisters would speak up to absolve me.

In a way I'm glad it worked out that way, it made me much more independant than my two sisters are. My older sister is 41 years old and STILL lives with my parents.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
GWB eh? That's not good but it could be worse...

2nd cousin..... Snookie......

Ya.... I know....

I'd be careful though.. he might try to put food on his family.
edit on 10-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
One of my ancestors was the Sheriff of Nottingham...although, as the existence of a real Robin Hood is a bit debatable, likewise for whether or not my ancestor was THE Sheriff of Nottingham of the stories.

I do have a famous relative though... Monty Markham (actor).
You probably won't recognize his name, but if you google him, you'll probably remember seeing him in something. He's one of those guys that was in a lot of things, and always worked, but you just won't remember his name.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I wish I knew my actual family history but I'm adopted so I don't. I just know that my adoptive family was originally from germany, there were 3 brothers one went to England, one to Scotland and the other stayed behind. Then the ones in England got shipped to Australia.

Eventually some moved to Canada and then there was a son who murdered his father, because the father allegedly killed his wife but it was suicide she jumped into a furnace. However, my grandfathers friend was Don Cherry and they played hockey together. My grandfather wanted to play in the NHL but my grandmother wouldn't let him.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm the black sheep of my family. Not sure how comfy a closet is...

new topics

top topics

join