It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is true, the whole economic system is KABOOM for good

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The first time I heard about this I kind of ignored it, like I didn't want to hear it or couldn't really grasp the gravity of it all. It's been a little while and I think it has finally sunk in. We're screwed, life as we know it will cease at least. Not saying that's totally a bad thing.

I was told this will come down in November, if that's true, there's not much time left. Anyone with some thoughts on how to prepare for when this all hits the fan? I've heard buying gold or silver coins is a good idea. Stockpiling food and water, of course. Anyone have more bright ideas?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Fraud, even the RICO law does not apply, if the rules are interpeted
or ammended in favor of the perps.
and that is the point... the investment business of America has bought
enough of Congress & the Executive branch along with an enabler at Treas.
that the old way of prosecuting legal thievery is out-of-the-question

One really should be trying to distance their involvemant with banks,
at least the small community banks because only the mega banks with Int'l
footprints will be in operation in the coming year(s)

why stay in a FED/Treas. controlled bank?
one option might be that only 'They' will be issuing the new, homeland money
that will be replacing the defaulted FRN used in the global community.

myself... i'm really concerned with the Dec 2010, Presidental directive
on tserviceing the Debt...with social security in the gunsight, with the
seizure of IRAs & 401k also on the agenda of the lameduck session
that is still in power from the election until the swearing in...
i'm looking for retribution from the Dem's who got ousted from their
career positions in the House & the Senate

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This whole economy is just like those cartoons where they run off the cliff, but their feet are still spinning untill they realise there's no floor. Soon enough we'll look down, and the drop shall begin.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Welcome to the New World Order

Right on.

Now we have reports of people in flyover country spotting Predator drones in the air, not at the Mexican border where they need to be, but flying over someones farm in Kentucky. I wouldn't be surprised if some 'S' is about to 'HTF' and TPTB are getting ready to put the hammer down on us serfs.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
[...]
If you have your money in a bank you are a fool.

I've never understood that. Where should it be then?

In gold.

Keep your money in gold. Or hidden on your property.

I put some of my money in gold several years ago now I have nearly three times as much money in gold. It will soon be tripled (when actually it is the dollar collapsing).

That is far better than what the banks pay in interest.

*Even if things get so bad that we are practically back in the Dark Ages, gold will still be a useful currency - as it was during the dark ages.

With a blowtorch, some clay and a scale, one can also make their own gold coins - of any weight.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If the system collapses and the dollar becomes worthless, all bankers will loose their power in that same instance. I don't think they want that. We would fall back to the law of the jungle, where violence rules.

And I think gold will be worthless too. Maybe if you own some actual gold you can convince some people to accept it as payment. But I think trust will be so low you will have a hard time finding someone. People will rather trade in stuff they can use, such as food, clothes, tools etc.

If it really happens I don't think anyone will get better from it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
If the system collapses and the dollar becomes worthless, all bankers will loose their power in that same instance. I don't think they want that. We would fall back to the law of the jungle, where violence rules.

And I think gold will be worthless too. Maybe if you own some actual gold you can convince some people to accept it as payment. But I think trust will be so low you will have a hard time finding someone. People will rather trade in stuff they can use, such as food, clothes, tools etc.

If it really happens I don't think anyone will get better from it.
You have a good point in that we would fall into a violence rules situation.

Gold has always had intrinsic value though. It is an easily worked metal that is fairly soft in it's pure state. It has a fairly low melting point. It doesn't tarnish and is easily alloyed with metals that are more common.

As far as the bankers are concerned, there will always be bankers. They will just be loaning or sitting on gold in a SHTF situation. The ones that have already made their money from this latest scam are holding things of intrinsic value at this moment. Precious metals, land, food and probably their own private security force to protect themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Gold or other metals only have a "true" intrinsic value in a technologically developed society. The only other intrinsic value of gold is jewelry, an unnecessary luxury product that nobody cares about in situation you need to survive. In the past, gold was nothing more than a method to represent value. It is just as virtual as money is today. Money is just a bit more practical.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have something to say about this.. it was stated a long long time ago..

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

There is another quote that fits here also but I cant remember who wrote it so therefor the one above shall be my only thing to say about this..

But does it really come as a surprise to you people.... Really....

Also for the guy who said about the mattress thing, at least my mattress dont rip me off blind.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
reply to post by butcherguy

Gold or other metals only have a "true" intrinsic value in a technologically developed society. The only other intrinsic value of gold is jewelry, an unnecessary luxury product that nobody cares about in situation you need to survive. In the past, gold was nothing more than a method to represent value. It is just as virtual as money is today. Money is just a bit more practical.
Wealth is all about luxury.
Have you ever seen some of the everyday items that the Incas made out of gold? It was so plentiful in their society that they placed a higher value on cacao beans(a foodstuff). The Egyptians made mirrors and combs out of gold, I guess because it seems to hold up better fishbones and beats looking at your reflection in a water puddle.

You are telling me that an easily worked, low melting point,non-tarnishing metal has NO value in a society that is not technologically developed??
edit on 21-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
You are telling me that an easily worked, low melting point,non-tarnishing metal has NO value in a society that is not technologically developed??
edit on 21-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

No intrinsic value. Of course it can be used as money, as it has some good properties for that function. But first you would need a system of trust, and I think that will be missing after a complete collapse.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I guess if surviving hunger becomes the orders of the day, all the technology in the world becomes useless. Ask the poor people in other parts of the world whether they want food or technology.

During the dark ages, food was the most sought after commodity in the world. Yet, there remained a core group of elites who did not suffer but inflicted suffering on those same poor citizens. I guess we are still in the dark ages 2010 version.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I foresee a day when we will begin to trade in violence, not dollars.

I hate to think about it.

If you have your money in a bank you are a fool.

Does it really make a difference if your money is in a bank or not? I feel like the Dollar is just going to be worthless in general soon whether or not its a digit on a screen or a physical "Federal Reserve note" in your hand.
Also, the money you are receiving is most likely coming from a bank at some point, whether you're being paid by someone or just running your own business. Other people need money for other people to get money.
edit on 21-10-2010 by allourep because: Didnt finish thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting thread....... or at least I think it is. To be honest though, I'm finding it pretty hard to follow. Can someone explain in layman's terms - what is the scam you are talking about, and how/why is it all going to come to an end now,like some folk are predicting?

Thanks,

John

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Starting oct.12 2005 I read every article from Christopher Story [God rest his sole] about the corruption going on and all the bad apples ... He like many have been ignored and called crazy ...but you know he was pretty much spot on and probably more spot on than even I gave him credit for ...sorry Chris ....peace
worldreports.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Yes im with Millions on this, would someone be kind enough to explain in simple terms what this is all about.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I saw the beginning of austerity measures coming to the U.S. on MSM news today.

They are telling people to live below their means right on TV.

Now they can say "I told you so...."

Of course too few heard,or will take heed.

I hate TV.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This might or might not be relevant, but it might be of interest to those in this thread.

A lot of things, I don't understand. I would appreciate some enlightenment.
We are streamlining our mortgage with Wells Fargo.

We aren't supposed to have to show assets, but they wanted us to show SOME.
They told us- exact words and we had them repeat them "We don't consider cash an asset."

ok.

So, we had to put cash in the bank. 2400. They had us take in the cash, get a cashiers check, then deposit it into the same bank.
That made absolutely NO sense to us. Why couldn't we just deposit OUR money into OUR account? Why the cashier's check?

The whole thing has been insane. It was worse than when we got the mortgage, and the house has a LOT of equity in it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I worked as a paralegal in bankruptcy law for years on both the debtor and creditor side, and it is absolutely FULL of fraud, as one might imagine. On the creditor side, our biggest client was Bank of America, and they were constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY trying to commit fraud. Fortunately, I worked directly under a lawyer who was committed to carrying out foreclosures legally and would not tolerate missing documents, fraudulent documents, or anything else illegal or half-assed that BOA tried to get away with. On a daily basis they would provide incomplete or totally F-ed up payment histories (they had an internal policy of misapplying customers' mortgage payments on purpose in order to foreclose on properties that were BEING PAID FOR!). Also, on a daily basis, they would provide incorrect copies of the Note and Deed of Trust (i.e. they could not prove that the property actually belonged to the Bank, or the documents would not be signed copies, etc.) or they would try to get away with foreclosure without providing the Note AT ALL. I ended up quitting this job because my greedy bosses were forcing me to work 65 hours a week and I felt they were permitting and engaging in illegal and immoral practices. I do respect the lawyer I worked under because she was committed to - GASP! - actually carrying out the law. The mortgage industry and bankruptcy industry are just huge nightmares. I don't know how we're going to get out of this one, but one thing is certain (and I'm sure all you ATSers know this already!) - the banks engage knowingly in illegal and fraudulent behavior CONSTANTLY. Best wishes to all my fellow homeowners out there!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I saw the beginning of austerity measures coming to the U.S. on MSM news today.

They are telling people to live below their means right on TV.

Now they can say "I told you so...."

Of course too few heard,or will take heed.

I hate TV.

Not to mention that we are "watching" England now, post-austerity measures/massive public sector layoffs enacted yesterday (or a few days ago?) to see how the British people react. You know that it's coming here next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join