It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a skywatcher's advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
At a few minutes before 7:30 est, I went out to check on my visibility. I am hoping to get some clear skies in the midst of an otherwise pretty dreary couple days here in the midatlantic east coast for possible viewing of the comet tonight. Not only to my surprise are the skies completely clear but i spotted what I thought was the ISS tooling across the sky. I checked in on the website and realized the ISS was currently over southeast Asia so it couldnt have been. To any of my skywatching friends...is there a site to see which satellite it was and perhaps when i can see it again. It was a very solid light, fairly bright and moving in more or less a north to south orbit. Looking for alittle bit of help with this, the NASA site was down when i checked.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

try:www.heavens-above.com They specialize in information about the visibility of various satellites. Ross

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Ross thank you so much, I will see if this helps

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Try Starry Night or Stellarium both are great programs for star watching. Stellarium will show you Sats, ISS, Etc. in real time. Good Luck and I hope you find whatever it was you saw....Keep us posted.

top topics

join