It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect reality is as follows, and I want liberation from it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Generally speaking this is true, however, it is not necessary for our experience either. Humans here use duality and such concepts as tools. They are not necessary components of reality though people become conditioned to think so. The challenge is to break free of such concepts and move on to the next...

Heaven/Hell, Up/Down, Inside/Outside...and the grand daddy ......Good/Evil

These are all duality concepts which we create and are unnecessary. If they are not understood and overcome these surely then become obstacles. Break free. Consciousness needs no reference for Hell or Evil or any of these human concepts. There is merely spiritual progression (evolution) or there is stagnation.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
People are so negative. Accept this life for what it is. A chance to live. Without it, you wouldn't have had a chance to start this thread.

Bingo.

One thing we know for sure...we are alive now..so, love, hate, and simply experience.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Faiol
lets say I go thought a experience like that: it would be clear to me it was probably my brain trying to use some kind of protection, since it releases '___' if I am correct, or something else, but it does a chemical process

Fair enough, however, how do you know that this reality, right now, is neither a dream state, nor a near death vision of sorts? How can you be sure this is real?

I have asked people about NDE's. General agnostics and such, and they all accepted it could be some brain screwup, however, they said that what happened to them was just as real as this reality...not a foggy absurd dream state..and it even felt "more real"..like they were waking up.
One guy, a MENSA member whom was a soft athiest beforehand (simply lacked any belief in such things) and simply spent his time working on his neural network computer prototypes told me it would be easier to accept this reality as the illusion verses what he experienced personally, however he realized also there is no way to prove anything he said...because of the nature.

I have my beliefs on the matter, but won't discuss them too much beyond..lets wait and see.

(I wonder, if a person whom demands nothing after death will get what they demand...if we all get what we are comfortable with)

I agree with you that this life is probably a dream, or a virtual reality ...

we simply cant prove that we exist

and really, our OWN freaking brain can create alternate realities every single day as good as ours

based on that, I mean, I cant say that this world is not virtual ...

but hey, NDE is another subject ... if we start trying to connect NDHallucinations with matrix and virtual realities, than we will never stop to discuss

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is a great way to see life:

We live within illusions. The illusions are not bad---they are neccessary to structure our reality. The trick is to use these illusions to your advantage while not completely buying into them....and realizing they are merely illusions.

Here are the TOP 10 Illusions of Life:

1)The First Illusion of Humans Is The Illusion of Need.

2)The Second Illusion of Humans Is That Failure Exists.
Failure does not exist. There are only experiences in life that WE call "failure," based on judgments we have made, as well as deep misunderstandings we have held about just exactly Who We Are.

3)The Third Illusion is That Separation Exists
The idea of Separation is the biggest single stumbling block to our living the lives of peace, harmony and happiness for which we say we have dreamed. In my own life I experience this every day. I see others in pain, and do not feel it. I see the world in trouble, and do not heal it. I perceive people, places and things as if they were separate from me -- and I treat them that way. I would never treat the earth, or my possessions, and certainly not other people, the way that I do if I thought that those people and those things were me, and I was them. If I thought I was doing to myself what I do to others, many -- perhaps most -- of my behaviours would fall away.

4)The Fourth Illusion is That Insufficiency Exists
Because we have thought of ourselves as separate from God and separate from each other, we have concluded that there is "not enough" of everything to go around. Before we entered into the Illusion of Separation we had the direct experience that there is enough. There is always enough for ONE. Yet when more than one of us has to split whatever it is we are looking at, in that moment we get to imagine that our portion is "not enough." This is an illusion, pure and simple. Yet for me it has been a powerful illusion, one whose impact has run practically half my life.

5)The Fifth Illusion Is That Requirement Exists.
There is only one thing that I think about if I engage in the illusion that there is "not enough." I have to think that it is possible for me to have "enough," and that there is something I can do to make sure that I do. There is something that "having enough" REQUIRES. There must be something I can be, do, or have in order to qualify for sufficiency. All I have to do is figure out what that Requirement is. Thus, a system of "pay up or get out" has been set up by the human race -- and not just in commerce, either. This scenario plays itself out all across the human landscape. And it all derives from the 5th Illusion.

The Sixth Illusion Is That Judgement Exists.
Based on this logic, we have created in our mind a God who judges us, and we have created in our life on earth a judgment system -- or what we sometimes call a Justice System -- to make sure, in both instances, that the Requirement has been met for us to receive enough of the Stuff of Which There is Not Enough.

7)Condemnation Is The Seventh Illusion.
Of course, if there is a system of Judgment in place, there must be a Reward for those who are judged to have met the Requirement, and a Punishment for those who have not. So, I have joined in creating a very judgmental society, which condemns people with impunity --sometimes sentencing them to death, and using God as my justification for doing so. It is "God's Law," I tell myself. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.

8)The Eighth Illusion Is That Conditionality Exists.
Nonetheless, we imagine that it does. For if Condemnation Exists, then it seems that there must be some "condition" under which we are not okay. That condition is announced and revealed when a Judgment is made as to whether or not we have met the Requirement to receive enough of the stuff of which there is an Insufficiency. In my own life, I have used the Illusion of Conditionality as an excuse to add conditions to my love. "I love you IF..." has been a big game I have played. And I played it because I believed that this is the game God has been playing with me.

9)Superiority Exists......
...but this is the Ninth Illusion. A thing cannot be superior to itself, and, if there is only One of us, superiority does not exist. The Master looks down on no one. The Master will judge not, and neither condemn. The Master loves without condition, not only other people, but Life Itself, and everything IN life. For the Master knows that everything in Life is in him, since he IS that which Life is, and there is nothing that Life IS that he is not.

The Tenth Illusion Is That Ignorance Exists.
This is the Illusion which says that you do not know that all the rest of this is an illusion. Not only that you do NOT know, but that you cannot know. That is because you are Ignorant of the Truth of what IS.

Yet this Ignorance is an illusion. It is not Real. Were Ignorance Real, then what is Real would not be Real, for you could not Know It, and the only thing that is Real is something you can Know.

By definition, the "unknowable" is not Real. It cannot be. All things that are Real are Knowable. Remember that always. All things that are Real are ultimately Knowable. They have to be. Otherwise, they cannot be Real.

Therefore, Ignorance does not exist. It is an illusion.

You may be thinking right now, as you conclude the reading of this commentary, that you do not "know" half of what I am talking about here. But you do. At some deep level, you not only do, but you KNOW that you do.

Grasp this truth now, and embrace it, making it part of your here-and-now experience. When you do, you take the first step on the road to mastery, the first step on the path to COMMUNION WITH GOD.

Thank you Neale Donald Walsch!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

well, all those illusions you just state are based on our society ... you can either care or not care

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
while I do agree with this kind of common sense analysis of life and our purpose, straight forward and unbiased for the most part, the one thing that always stays in my mind is this

do all living beings have an afterlife, what makes afterlife possible? is it the soul? what makes us so special? are there second rate living beings that have no soul/afterlife (ie bugs, animals) is it some consciousness that makes it possible?

This double standard is what I can't get past, is it just human nature to think we are more important and special then other living things? Then I think no there isn't

What if the purpose of life is evolving, nothing else (kinda scary i know) just nature slowly focusing and conditioning all living things into a ever changing perfect fitted organism, nothing more, because thats what evolving is it's perfection

I think we try to interject this higher sense of importance into our existence (human nature i suspect) when the purpose of all this could be as simple as just living and the grand scheme of things comes into view when you look past time and place and just focus of purpose

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
believe me. I prayed for such a long time and asked for help from realms above. I really have much problems where there seems to be no help. Since 10 years i live in a permanent stressful state of dissociation. I can say: praying, hoping and talking to something bigger-> nothing helps. Since years: every night i ask for a sign or something that makes me free.

there will be no help. # my higher self!!
i also want this to stop. but i would not kill myself cause i would mos def cause more karma. and i seem to have a lot of it.

this existence is just #ed up.

it seems that everything is just about learning and lessons. Its sad that it is not about fun. And jeaH: don´t tell me that this sad state is a self fulfilling prophecy. Even if it is: no one told me how to use "the power of creating".

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The ONLY reason bad things happen is because of LOVE.

The law of attraction explains this the best. For all of you out there who understand and use The Secret - you understand that what you 'love' is what you attract to yourself. What you spend your time thinking and feeling, just like a mirror, is what is attracted back to you. This is a flawless law of the universe, which works without fail - for everyone, at all times. We are all creators who create our lives using this law. This law IS love. What you are attracted to, you love.

In a sense, you love everything on a continuum. What you find to be more important or worth your time in this life - those are the things you attract to yourself by constantly thinking and feeling about them, or in other words by 'loving' them. The things you don't like - they come at the very end of the continuum, probably what most people like to call 'hate'. (IMO hate and love are made of the same thing. If you truly did not care about something/one, you would not waste your time thinking about it/them - you would be indifferent. You must really CARE about someone to HATE them).

Anyway, the people who rape babies and do all of the other awful things in this world - they do so because they are using the law of attraction, which is INDIFFERENT to 'good' and 'bad', and 'negative' and 'positive'. What you think about, and what is important to you (whether you have a deranged sex drive or are a serial killer) - THOSE are the things you LOVE and will draw into your life and manifest into reality. The man who rapes a baby, loves that feeling, thus his act is an act of love (for him). The universe does not differentiate between what we think is good or bad. Only a human mind understands reality in terms of 'good' and 'bad'. The universe does not rationalize or 'think' it simply reacts by mirroring back to us exactly what we put out there- what we love.

A lot of people don't understand this and spend time thinking about all of the bad things in their lives. They have no idea they perpetuate their own HELL just by constantly focusing on negative things! What you focus on, you love- according to the universe. If you don't love what life brings you - start focusing on something you DO want! Like I said, the universe does not know the difference between 'I HATE being poor' and 'I LOVE being poor' - it just hears 'poor poor poor!' and thus you always find yourself with no money. What you think/feel is what you get. Try being grateful for what you do have and thinking positive thoughts about wealth, and you will gain wealth without fail. I urge everybody to read The Secret - it has changed my life and I know it works.

Back on point - people who rape babies are sick, but they are still users of the law of attraction, and what they love is what they receive. As for the baby, the experience (though horrible by human standards) is useful because it helps to shape that person's life experience. As a hurdle to overcome, the person has a unique life lesson to learn, and becomes a unique person because of it - and the person's soul also benefits by learning a very important lesson regarding the treatment of other souls, it could even be karmic retribution.

Aside from all that, I do believe that God is everything and that everything is love/light. I believe this life is merely a lesson and even the horrible experiences hold their value. As humans, our minds may not be able to understand this, but as souls, we prosper.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Star and Flag I have been feeling this way for a while myself for the passed 2 years and have't been able to shake it. Also like one of the posters said "even people you think have it better than you are usually unhappy still". Even though I am enjoying nature and my children I have a simple minded girlfriend with no emotional stamina, I'm blind with no other family or support, I watch my brothers steal, rob, and terrorize humanity. I have came to realize that this life is hell. So hopefully god is awakening and realizing how we feel and maybe something will happen. Thanks again for the post.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
so jeah. @ GOD or powerful realms: stop it or help!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

the real problem about suicide is that the suicide hurts more the family than the guy who killed himself ...

I agree that our reality is @¨¨*&up, lets be realistic, if you study a little you will realize that there is something very wrong happening

Lets hope this is all just a bad dream, right?

one thing that I suggest is that, if you are feeling down in life, try to help people in some way > join some programs to help homeless, orphans or something like that ... there are a lot of people out there in need of help, and it will probably help you more than them ...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
interesting read, but what if nobody is controlling, and we are in control of our personal and collective destiny? I personally have chosen to live a positive life. My cup is always half full. It is a conscience decision I make. I take every opportunity to extend that positive belief to people around me.

An easy fix would be to remove the individual greed gene that exists in our race that makes every one of us a faulty organism by design. Pitted against each other in a way that is self destructive to our species. If I were "God" or the "designer", I'd have created the greed gene, but formed to to be greedy for society and not individually. IMHO, I believe that is where the whole human race could become perfect.

Greed is a necessity to facilitate progress, but individual progress (more money, more resources, more control) does nothing constructive for society, other than the chance to share a portion of that wealth with others in hopes to gain more growth. The whole Corporate economy is based on the greed system. However, soon a select few individuals will "own and control" the entire globe and we really wont be able to do a thing about it.

We are flawed by design. I don't see an immediate fix. We are doomed to fight against each other for survival until a catastrophe takes us all out.

But, my cup is still half full :-)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FREEwoman

that all maybe. BUT U CAN NOT WANT WHAT U WANt.

the secret works for people who already are optimistic beings. i for myself am so full of #. I need a whole new system to attract good things as i am so used to be pessimistic and having thoughts that are making it worse.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by die_another_day
What are your evidence for your statements?

Evidence for philosophy and metaphysics?

0o

There cannot be physical/measurable evidence for something that is immeasurable and non physical.

The only truth can be found by yourself within yourself, you hold your own truth whatever that may be is acceptable in the eyes of the Creator (you).

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

the secret works for people who already are optimistic beings. i for myself am so full of #. I need a whole new system to attract good things as i am so used to be pessimistic and having thoughts that are making it worse.

What you believe is what you get. You are the only one who can change this life around for you. I never said it was easy - I find it the hardest thing in the world actually - but I persevere nonetheless and have won many a battles in this way (created the reality I truly desired even when it seemed unattainable). It takes work and focus - to say the least!

Believe me, I'm not the most positive person in the world. I have a lot of struggles with negativity. BUT I always make a conscious effort to be lucid at all times (monitor my thoughts - drive the car without leaving it on autopilot). This allows me to catch my negative thoughts - and when I do, I daydream a 'replacement' thought - or I imagine the outcome I truly want. It has always worked - after I put the work (time/focus/energy) into it.

You can do this too. You are a creator. You WILL make it worse with your pessimistic thoughts, so you have two choices: put the work in to change your thoughts, or just resolve to live a life full of negativity. It truly is up to you. If you need a push in the right direction, and some pointers on utilizing the law of attraction to its fullest benefit, I again recommend The Secret! Lots of good tools in that book/movie that have really helped pull me out of the pits of negativity.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

Being in the 'frequency'(not an eloquent word for what I'm trying to express) attracts like things that have a being-ness in congruency.

The 'Law of Attraction' doesn't work because 1. it's flawed how it's portrayed in many videos and books and 2. people change their minds constantly - as they do not hold a single pointed ground and a silent mind - which is the threshold for the focusing of will in a single direction.

You have to crystallize your being to what you want it to be, hard like the structure of a diamond - refining yourself so that you form a crystalline structure. This is the basis of true Alchemy. Many have formed/crystallized in ways that they do not wish to be, it is hard to undo this structure and rebuild it. A good example is addiction or habits.

Much like a Nautilus shell, the spiraling of crystallization from experience and choice is just as your very being.
edit on 21-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I get the point, you don't appreciate life, and quite possibly from all the fast food you've consumed, you have this attitude of "wanting it YOUR way."

Its understandable to want more than what appears to be on the table. There's a term for that when its used in a positive way; "ambition."

Lecturing on your theories of reality, and what ideas you accept (which you have copy and pasted from other's theories), proves to me that you possess at least some level of ambition. I just have a problem with a few discrepancies in your post:

3. Much of what you experience after death depends on what you believe. If you believe in Jesus, you’ll see him. If you believe in 72 virgins, you’ll see them.

Ok, I can deal with that. So, you're postulating WE create our own lives and after lives through our consciousness.

One of my reluctant conclusions is that it appears we may not have much individual control over what happens.

Hey wait! Isn't that a contradiction? So, our personal beliefs have nothing to do with what happens? Doh!

It’s pretty apparent that majority opinion is that we, Homo sapiens, are “bad.

Which majority are you referring to? The majority of tree huggers? Care to cite your sources?

We prefer to blame ourselves, or at least everyone else but ourselves.

So which one is it? Or is there enough supposed blame to go around? And why the need to point fingers anyway?

So what I think we have is a life-reincarnation cycle that involved this veil of forgetfulness that leaves us in a state of ignorance when we are here and perhaps we are not.

Why do you make a sensible statement, then go on to refute your own statement in the same sentence? Ambiguous much? Further, if we just keep reincarnating, why does it matter if we kill a tree, or a person? Wont they just reincarnate into something else? So in essence we aren't really killing anything, just liberating?

Why are you doing this to us? This whole thing is painful. It hurts. It’s not all that fun. I’m happy to be able to smell the roses and the oranges, taste good food, feel the wind on my face, get laid, and all the physical pleasures. But it’s not enough for what You inflict upon us. Don’t you dare tell me this is all self-inflicted.

Allow me to summarize your feelings: "Why?? Pain. Hurt. Not Fun. I'm Happy.Not self inflicted" What the.......?

Sounds like you're having a bad day, but you've been spoiled with good food, and women. How about you stop your whining and instead of blaming "God" or whatever it is you believe, you just use your energy to MAKE YOUR OWN LIFE BETTER? Then, perhaps you wont be looking for people to blame, and instead thanking yourself , for growing a pair and taking responsibility for your own actions.

edit on 21-10-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

how can u rebuild your structure as simple and fast as possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My view on our existence is that we are, quite simply, the Universe trying to understand itself. Replace "Universe" with "Intelligent Designer" or "Greater Power" or "God" or "The Force." Either way, we exist in a place so VAST that it is impossible to catch everything in a single glimpse.

Look into the night sky and you see a universe of stars, a vast region of existence to which we are witness. A person is overwhelmed by the staggering size of it all. We can't take it all in at once. If you really wanted to get to know the sky, you might want to explore with a telescope, zoom in on a star or cluster of them, or a planet. You have to singularize your focus if you really want to understand the sky. Well, the reverse is true, too.

If you want to study a tree, sure you can look at it, get an eyefull. OR, you might put pieces of it under a microscope, and see an astonishing world of detail previously unknown. Again, singularizing the focus.

If the Universe were sentient, it simply might not be able to take it all in at once. Therefore, I believe it has created all manner of beings with all manner of senses (some insects see in the ultraviolet spectrum). Human senses are such a minute part of the spectrum. Anyway, we are sensing and perceiving the Universe as part of a grand plan to understand itself. We're like billions of "nanobots" in a wireless network. And, counting all manner of animal life, billions becomes thousands of trillions (insects, sea life, microbes, viruses, that mass of biological life beneath the surface of the earth "recently" discovered).

We are part of the Grandest Education, too infinite and complex for our prosaic minds to understand at once, ---like looking up, deep into the glowing, swirling COSMIC SPECTACLE before our eyes every evening.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

OP I have done the same and came to the same conclusions. I find it almost comforting in the number of posts here so far that feel somewhat the same.

A few years ago I read a "story" written by Lawrence R. Spencer and boy did this hit home for me. It made so much sense that I am still searching for reasons to feel different about it. We live on a Prison Planet and are doomed souls to keep living here forever.

Hope you find time to read it, conclude whatever from it. ATS thead about the Alien Interview is found here.

Rhain

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join