It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans. Part of Something Bigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Humans. Part of Something Bigger?
I'm sure I am not the only person who has had this thought, but it should be shared regardless.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that we, as a creature on this planet, are actually part of a larger structure than we think. I will explain what I mean.....

Let's talk about structure.
More specifically, the structures of human life.

From the bottom up, we have this:

Human Organ + Human Organ = Human
Human Tissue + Human Tissue = Human Organ
Cell + Cell = Human Tissue
Cell Organ + Cell Organ = Cell
Cell Tissue + Cell Tissue = Cell Organ
Molecule + Molecule = Cell Tissue
Atom + Atom = Molecule
Subatomic Particles + Subatomic Particles = Atom

Simplified:

Human
Human Organ
Human Tissue
Cell
Cell Organ
Cell Tissue
Molecule
Atom
Subatomic Particle

What I am curious to identify?:

???
???
???
Human
Human Organ
Human Tissue
Cell
Cell Organ
Cell Tissue
Molecule
Atom
Subatomic Particle

What does Human + Human become?

I believe we become a larger structure, sort of like an organ of the earth.
Collectively, we become one singular entity. We just need to zoom out a little.

We become something else, as if each human was a cell of a larger Tissue or Organ.

Do we become an organ made from people?

Is this human organ part of an even bigger structure of life?

Can we keep zooming out and say that we are organs of the earth, making the earth a living entity?

If all intelligence of any living organism is contained within the earth, then doesn't that mean that the earth, as one, is more intelligent then us as individuals?

Now I'm just rambling, but you get where I'm going.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've heard from several sources that the universe is fractal in nature. When you understand that everything you perceive in reality pretty much IS an illusion from varying frequencies of vibrating energy, then it really doesn't seem all that far fetched.

I've oft wondered the same myself, if the various solar systems were actually atoms, but on a much larger scale - making up molecules, which made up other things.....just too large for us to comprehend.

We run into many problems by doing that, such as being able to actually observe anything without changing it's behavior.

One thing that I am most certain of, is that the universe operates on a scale that is not our own.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's food for thoughts:
The human body makes use of bacteria. They can't survive without us, and we can't without them.

However:
What if we are actually a sickness of this planet?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if you look through a mircoscope at a cell or even an atom,it resembles an planet to a degree.so could it be we are living on a cell inside a other organism and our universe is just a collection of atoms .what would that make the big bang? looking inwards through a mircoscope or outwards though hubble both are remarkable.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Good post S & F

Have read an article about this a while back somewhere, will see if i can dig it out.....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

yeah atoms and electrons look similar to a solar system ,could we be living on a electron?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by incarnating
Here's food for thoughts:
The human body makes use of bacteria. They can't survive without us, and we can't without them.

However:
What if we are actually a sickness of this planet?

I often think about it like we are an intelligent mold, or a fungus or like you said bacteria. Joe Rogan may have hit the nail on the head when he said "maybe we are actually meant to destroy our planet and that is our purpose here". Compare a moldy orange to the earth, we are nothing more than some type of intelligent growth.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this latley, Ever since i stumbled across this story in a thread on here (Cant remeber which)

Anyway here it is.

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Do you think it is possible to keep zooming in into infinity?

Zooming out to infinity as well?

It is a theory of mine that if this is possible, then there would be no such thing as size, for everything would be bigger and smaller to other things, into an infinite cycle.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pinealexplorer

www.youtube.com...
i say no more wow
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-10-2010 by krs678 because: missing link

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

wow wow wow

about an hour or 2 ago i was thinking how i really really wanted to read this again

saw it on 4chan a few months ago, not been able to find it since thank you

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It would make sense to me that this universe is a part of an endless cycle and that you might be able to zoom in and out infinitely. There might not be a beginning or an end. Just an endless cycle that we just happen to be a part of.

Also, I can't help but think that we are no different than any other microscopic organism. We populate the earth, use it to survive and destroy it. We are like mold on a sandwich, as Joe Rogan said. Great thread man.

edit on 20-10-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

Who knows?

Take a look at Hubble's deep space images of the galaxies, & then look at microscope pics of diatoms & plankton. Looks very similar.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

I see were your going with this. but more like invaders, and I think the aliens some of us are looking for is ourselves we are not completely native to this planet
edit on 20-10-2010 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am looking for some insight from anyone who may know or understand the experience i went threw tonight...

It blew my mind and i cannot stop thinking about it.. even tho the experience literally lasted 2 seconds..

I just joined the sheriffs academy...we had a meeting tonight... 57 of my fellow recruits and my self were lined in two rows perfectly... we started to march and chant our cadences 100% on key... it was complete synchronicity! ... for a split second ..with the way the clouds overlapped the moon.. and the sounds of all of us in one harmony... everything around me disappeared and reality seemed to be unreal... i honestly felt like i was tripping on something.. it was so weird.. what i think happened.. was for those two seconds... we were ONE.. and ONE with the universe... i guess ... sounds kind of weird... but i cannot explain what i saw and felt... it was almost a dream... anyone know what im talking about or ever experienced something similar? ... it only lasted two seconds.. and i snapped out of it.. im dying for some answers..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
No. Humans are an insignificant part of the Universe. It's about time our petty little warring egos were able to figure this out.

Human beings are so insignificant, on such an insignificant planet, that what's surprising isn't that there are alien life forms out there, but that they have even bothered checking us out.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This image is interesting:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is one of those topics that is constantly going through my head. I love thinking about this sort of thing. I suppose its one of the specific things that humans have likely been pondering longer than anything else. What is our connection?

While I do like to humor the idea that there is much that is undiscovered about minds in general, especially their potential, I dont think that the phenomena that we are currently observing should necessarily be attributed to some sort of human divine nature.

While I dont consider this to be too far fetched, I dont necessarily think that the universe is a manifestation of ourselves.

I think, rather, that the similarities we are noticing may be more attributed to the presence of some fairly universal pattern or coding that is inherent within our reality. It appears to me, through my daily observations and experiences, that nearly everything in existence falls under the umbrella of one of a few universal patterns.

I think if one were to go about their days with this idea in mind they would undoubtedly notice EXACTLY what I am talking about.

The recently passed Benoit Mandelbrot noticed it with his articulation of Fractal Geometry, Fibonacci will be familiar to many, Pythagoras, Sacred Geometry and there are many others that are easily noticeable in daily life.

This "universal code" idea ties in to many ancient mysteries as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think humans are part of something bigger.

I think most of the disease and death in the world is a symptom of our sickness.

Our sickness being,we think it's only about us individually.

Almighty man over all other species,even the planet....

There is no separation between man and nature.

Our constantly trying to separate ourselves from our origins is what will destroy us.
edit on 24-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: Missed something

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by saltygoodness

I had a similar experience in jump school.

I would attribute it to a sort of "Mass Mania" on our last day though.

new topics

top topics

join