It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The City of Calgary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Elects a young muslim as mayor.

Just as long as he's not some whackjob lefty, that is JUST fine for the boys and girls of Cowtown.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I got to say it is just sad when this is even news. What is the big deal if someone is a Muslim? Are all Catholics pedophiles? What does it matter if someone is Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim? This is the pettiness that people in power rely on to keep everyone divided. When will people realize that it is not us vs them, it is a game of Master and Servant? If you keep the Servants in fighting amongst themselves, they will never over power the Master. Common people are nothing more than the new slave. We no longer use black or brown people, we use everyone. Welcome to the New World... Land of the fee, home of the slave.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

He is soft c conservative by my estimation.

He's Muslim. Our last premier before this one was of Jewish extraction, and his wife is native.

I may not love conservatives, but Alberta isn't exactly what it is portrayed to be all the time. It isn't FAR off from being that, but quite a few Muslims have been elected to positions in Alberta.

And they aren't any less likely to be crooks than the rest either. Relphy Boy went to the Bilderberg convention in 1995, and I know that one of the Muslim MLAs is up to freaking eyebrows in the Lebanese mob with family members that deal in coke.

Several Sihks have been elected in Alberta. I believe three are sitting at the provincial level currently.

Ain't life grand.

In case you are wondering - you won't find most of that reported on. Conservatives in Alberta have a very comfy relationship with the media, and a pack of journalists here can watch a politician do something horrible and newsworthy in the flesh, and it'll never make a news.

Anyways. Good for Nenshi. I hope he does well.

edit on 2010/10/20 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Why do people care that the PM is a Protestant Fundamentalist?

Religion matters. Pretending it doesn't is a lie.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Also, all firsts are note worthy.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am not saying it doesn't matter. I am saying it shouldn't matter. It does matter, it matters a lot, and THAT is a problem.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Aeons

I am not saying it doesn't matter. I am saying it shouldn't matter. It does matter, it matters a lot, and THAT is a problem.

In a theoretical, lefty touchie-feelie perfect world, yes.

But this is the real world.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Aeons

It isn't a problem.

The factors and constraints on your thoughts and actions are absolutely germaine at all times.

If your personal religion dictates your lifestyle and choices, and indeed dictates choices which require actions from you that impact me regardless of my agreement, that is something I have every reason to be aware of.
edit on 2010/10/20 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join