It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsars Don't Exist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

No.

Peratt is using the example of a pulsar that basically looks like Saturn, with pulses bouncing back and forth between the surface of the star and a disk of plasma that surrounds the star.

In reality, the disk itself is unnecessary if another double layer termination exists, such as binary star companion, a brown dwarf, or a gas giant planet magnetosphere.

When you have plasmas of differing densities, they tend to form "double layers" which cocoon themselves off from each other. Plasma is very cellular, which is how it got its name to begin with. Irving Langmuir saw that plasma acted very much like blood plasma, with its cellular nature.

The plasma in space is not smooth and even in all directions, it is highly cellular. It is compartmentalized. - "transmission lines" of plasma can span two dense cellular regions. Given the right conditions, if a pulse is excited along one end of such a plasma stream, it can bounce back and forth nearly forever.

I believe this is what is happening with Jupiter. Jupiter emits millisecond radio pulses. I think Peratt's "transmission line" model is what is causing those pulses. Jupiter and Io are connected by plasma streams and the pulses are arising from current bouncing back and forth between Jupiter and Io.

Given the right conditions, the pulses can excite the entire star's heliosphere, which bounds the star and cocoons it from the inter-stellar galactic medium. The galactic medium will transport the pulse signature far enough for our earth bound radio telescopes to pick it up.

Think of it like this:
The entire star will "ring" like a bell and the galactic medium is the "air" that the waves travel through for us to "hear."

edit on 25-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hey thanks for the reply , its not every day you get to chat about plasma cosmology .
I'll go back and read the article again just to better understand it , but I do get the jist of it .

thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Record-Breaking Neutron Star Discovered

You can read all about the latest 'violator of the laws of physics' (as drawn up by Mnemeth) here.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

And also there are a couple of links here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join