It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beheadings fuel fresh backlash: Justified?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The recent beheadings of two Americans in the Middle East have added fuel to the angry backlash against Arab-Americans and Muslims that began after the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The murders of Paul Johnson and Nicholas Berg triggered hate mail, verbal attacks and anti-Muslim signs. Muslims received death threats and their mosques were vandalized.

www.cnn.com...

This type of violence should not be tolerated anywhere. These types of attacks only hurt our national being and bring us closer to their level. Because, let's face it: It's a win-win for every Muslim in the U.S.

It's clear that Muslims who live in the U.S. enjoy reaping the benefits of America's freedoms and opportunities (inperfect as they may be).

From the deafening silence of the "majority of Muslims who abhor beadings", its also clear they not only tacitly support the "right and just" cause of Jihad against all non-muslims, but also provide tacit approval of the murder of all non-muslims.

Hey, and if Islamist kill all non-Muslims, guess who wins?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Though it is unfortunate, how much longer must we stay quiet while the Islamists do as they please? Not all may see the views the same, but as you stated, those that stay silent are condoning the actions. We gotta watch our backs and be ready for anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We in the UK have had similar problems. We have a large Muslim population and many people are uncomfortable with them around despite for the most part the tolerant nature of the UK citizen.

However there is an increasing anti muslim element cerntered around the BNP who have gained a huge increase in voter support in the recent Local Elections.

I have a muslim friend and we are both worried that it will escalate into a world wide Muslim-Christian/Western war. My country if it were to break out it would be almost be civil war due to the large muslim population.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Indeed, the increasing number Muslims in countries tolerant of other religions is reaching a decision point. In the U.S., Islam is one of the fastest growing religions.

usinfo.state.gov...

The realtive freedoms we enjoy are because each identifiable group, community, or faith, recognizes thier responsibilty not only of engaging in thoughtful debate and effecting positive change in the system, but also of defending the system against those who are trying to destroy it.

Through their (muslims in America) silence, they tacitly confirm their refusal to participate in this system of values, thier approval of the atrocities being commited in their god's name, and their hidden goal of destroying all non-muslim societies.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Most muslin in US, are here escaping the horrors of that the muslin radicals are doing to their fellow country people, remember muslin radicals does not discriminated against they own people, they are killing each other.

It is a pity that the present situation in the world is taking us to the extreme, this remind me when Japan war, here in US we even had a concentration camp slash (for the security of the Japanese people living in America.)

I imagine that me been Spanish will be in the same position as muslin if US goes into a war with the Spanish speaking countries, it sound silly but think about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One thing, I think we need to Seperate Muslim's as extremists, and Muslim's as religious. I know many devout Muslim's who are sick and tired of being grouped as a Terrorist. Unfortunatley the Radical's are putting this on the Muslim community as a whole, and it will never end.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BOHICA
The murders of Paul Johnson and Nicholas Berg triggered hate mail, verbal attacks and anti-Muslim signs. Muslims received death threats and their mosques were vandalized.

That is just ridiculous even though expected. The majority of people don't live by the motto 'Deny ignorance' and in fact quite often stoop to a level of ignorance similar to those displayed during the crusades and inquisition.

From the deafening silence of the "majority of Muslims who abhor beadings", its also clear they not only tacitly support the "right and just" cause of Jihad against all non-muslims, but also provide tacit approval of the murder of all non-muslims.

Maybe they are just keeping their heads down, hoping to avoid all the hate flying around ? They could be just normal Americans or Britons, working just like non-muslim Americans and Britons. They are as likely to be killed in a terrorist attack as any other resident of the US/UK, except they also have the added pressure from the fanatics of their religion to fight their adopted countries. Most are happy to deny the fanatics - knowing the way people like bin Laden use the Qu'ran for their own ends - but if all they get in return is hate - what next ?

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Pisky]

LL1

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Indeed, the increasing number Muslims in countries tolerant of other religions is reaching a decision point. In the U.S., Islam is one of the fastest growing religions.

usinfo.state.gov...

The realtive freedoms we enjoy are because each identifiable group, community, or faith, recognizes thier responsibilty not only of engaging in thoughtful debate and effecting positive change in the system, but also of defending the system against those who are trying to destroy it.

Through their (muslims in America) silence, they tacitly confirm their refusal to participate in this system of values, thier approval of the atrocities being commited in their god's name, and their hidden goal of destroying all non-muslim societies.

Do you honestly think they are alllllll out to get us/you??
That's paranoia, don't be so paranoid.
Unrealistic! There is good and bad in all groups of people.
What silence?
There were Muslims that spoke out both after 9/11 and the recent beheadings. Where have you been?
"It's reaching decision point", what?! You want to rally people to
get out sheets. Don't incite HATE!
Let the crime fit the criminal, stop generalizing and issuing BLANKET STATEMENTS!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Maybe they are just keeping their heads down, hoping to avoid all the hate flying around ? They could be just normal Americans or Britons, working just like non-muslim Americans and Britons. They are as likely to be killed in a terrorist attack as any other resident of the US/UK, except they also have the added pressure from the fanatics of their religion to fight their adopted countries. Most are happy to deny the fanatics - knowing the way people like bin Laden use the Qu'ran for their own ends - but if all they get in return is hate - what next ?

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Pisky]

Okay, let stipulate that most muslims are here escaping the extremists. And let's go one step further and accept that they all are against the methods and message of the extremists.

There comes a time in every society's development, when a stand must be taken. Not a blind, indiscriminant, and ignorant lashing out at members of our own society, but rather a focused, overwhelming, and fatal strike against those who would destroy our society (imperfect as it is).

We are not asking Muslims to make a moral judgment, this is not a fight between good and evil (although the good vs evil characterization may help some sleep at night). We are asking them to get into the fight, engage the common enemy, put thier shoulder into it; they don't need to take up arms to fight those who chased them from their original homes.

But I guess defending your adopted home would be too much to ask from those who chose to run rather than defend (again - not necessarily with arms) their original home.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
What silence?
There were Muslims that spoke out both after 9/11 and the recent beheadings. Where have you been?
Let the crime fit the criminal, stop generalizing and issuing BLANKET STATEMENTS!

Thank you for the gratuitous diagnosis. I will give it appropirate consideration.

Moving on to the rest of your dissertation, there are good and bad people in all groups (I am restating). Let's build on your fine point. With this (stipulated) ying-yang theory running the universe, it would follow that there exist muslims in the U.S. and U.K. who oppose the extremist, and those who support them. Consequently, there would be within each of those cohort goups, a set that would take action and a set that would choose inaction.

However, I fail to see any genuine action by the muslims in general, and by U.S. and U.K. muslims in particular, agaist the extremist. I do, however, observe Mulims who take action in favor of the extemist; even political action in the U.S.

query.nytimes.com...
query.nytimes.com...
query.nytimes.com...

Not judging the action (this is protected in our country), only questioning the inaction.

With regard to the "decision point," it did not even enter into my mind to, as you say, "get out the sheets." Interesting reflex on your part.

Every way of life reaches a point at which it must fight (not necessarily with arms) for its continued existence. Every beneficiary of that way of life then has a decision to make: which (of the aforementioned) groups will I be a part of?

Again, thank you for sharing your elucidations, and especialy for exemplifying the non-use of broad generalizations and blanket statements.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
BOHICA,

That is a good point, but remember most people are aware of the enemy in our soil, and occurs they are trying to recruited muslin here to do terrorism I think the government is very aware of that, that this enemy is going to succeed? Time will tell, but for now we hope that the majority of muslin living in US is not the enemy.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by marg6043]

LL1

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
What silence?

Thank you for the gratuitous diagnosis. I will give it appropirate consideration.

Moving on to the rest of your dissertation, there are good and bad people in all groups (I am restating). Let's build on your fine point. With this (stipulated) ying-yang theory running the universe, it would follow that there exist muslims in the U.S. and U.K. who oppose the extremist, and those who support them. Consequently, there would be within each of those cohort goups, a set that would take action and a set that would choose inaction.

However, I fail to see any genuine action by the muslims in general, and by U.S. and U.K. muslims in particular, agaist the extremist. I do, however, observe Mulims who take action in favor of the extemist; even political action in the U.S.

query.nytimes.com...
query.nytimes.com...
query.nytimes.com...

Not judging the action (this is protected in our country), only questioning the inaction.

With regard to the "decision point," it did not even enter into my mind to, as you say, "get out the sheets." Interesting reflex on your part.

Every way of life reaches a point at which it must fight (not necessarily with arms) for its continued existence. Every beneficiary of that way of life then has a decision to make: which (of the aforementioned) groups will I be a part of?

Again, thank you for sharing your elucidations, and especialy for exemplifying the non-use of broad generalizations and blanket statements.

Boo!
Well... I can see the you have clearly identified YOUR THREAD... Right?!
Know what animals do to identify their territory?
Yup!!! that's just what you have done! Pissed alllllover this thread!
Anyone who dear disagrees will get wet!!!
See Ya!! I don't want to get wet with yellow rain.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Time will tell, but for now we hope that the majority of muslin living in US is not the enemy.

Inded Marg6043, fortunately for us we have the relative luxury of time to deal with those who parcel out violence to innocents whose only offense is to be from a different race, color, or creed.

Others, however, have run out of time. Witness the Iraqi's literally being killed as they enlist to defend themselves and thier loved ones from futher attacks.

new topics

top topics

join