It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since When Did UFOs become part of A Child's School Curriculum;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Seems that there is a sort of pattern forming here with schools participating in UFO crash like scenarios.There have been some schools in the UK that have had these mock like UFO crashes , one episode even scared some kids quite bad.There are some videos on u-tube that cover this reality.Is this a sort of educational perception concept or merely just a coinstance and nothing in it.Whatever the reasons its happening.

Here is another school debating UFOs;.

Pioneer Middle School debates whether UFOs are from outside of this planet.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: correction of videos embedded

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Here are some videos relating to this topic.Still find it strange though.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'll have to watch the vids when I can, though I recall hearing a member talk about their child having an assignment that had UFO's and aliens on the paper.. this was a few years ago.
I'll have to ask some neices and nephews.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As everyone who lives in the U.K. watches Doctor Who, and anyone who watches Doctor Who knows an alien UFO threatens to destroy the Earth, usually while hovering above Cardiff, Wales every Christmas. As such, isn't it wise to get the children prepared early before the Shopping Season? Seriously, the Doctor can't be there to save us every Season, and since Torchwood Cardiff was shut down we no longer have a first-line of defense. We really need to start preparing our children to be able to stand up to an alien threat.

On a serious note, I haven't watched all of the videos you linked, but this doesn't appear to part of an official curriculum, nor a nationwide movement in education. It seems like these were poorly thought out isolated instances of school officials trying to get creative with Emergency Drills and getting the children interested in learning and the media having a field-day in their wake.

Face it, kids think UFOs are as kewl as dinosaurs. If using a UFO-theme helps get kids interested in learning, then why not run with it?

edit on 20-10-2010 by fraterormus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
childhood trauma aside, it's really just an exercise of the imagination and to reinforce that we really don't know everything. i remember when we were learning about the planets and the solar system in elementary school, it took up a huge part of our curriculum, so we had space themed writing, math exercises. there would be little ufo's and cartoonish aliens on the papers, and all that silly stuff. it's harmless, but some of the kids thought it was really cool, and went to the library to check out books about ufo's and alien stories. some of those books left a huge impact on even fewer kids (like myself) and i've always had an interest in the subject lingering in the back of my mind to this day.

i think the alien prank in schools is hilarious because it teaches kids to never trust authority and question it, and in the context, that's pretty funny.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yup, their going to do a false dinosaur attack soon, just for funz and learning
Good one guys

edit on 20-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sorry mate ..this has been done and done
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ATS has a pretty useful search function

new topics

top topics

join