It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Ahh yes, but your assuming a time machine hadn't been built before..

If during an ancient human 'golden age', perhaps tens of thousands of years ago a high technology human civilization had constructed a time machine or even a device similar to the LHC, then time travel from that point onwards may be possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

You are using a fallacy of logic for your argument. You are saying just because Humanity has never destroyed itself yet, that it will never destroy itself.

So lets us say that Humanity did in fact destroy itself in the past. Let us say that Humanity destroyed itself in the year 1942. For all the years before 1942 that Humanity did not destroy itself, will this have an effect on the year that Humanity does destroy itself? You can keep going farther back infinitum, but there will always be a time before 1942 that Humanity did not destroy itself.

So, just because Humanity has not destroyed itself, does not mean that we will never destroy ourselves. It is not a valid reason as to "why" we will never destroy ourselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
reply to post by Vandalour

Actually CERNs own internal documents give an ICE-9 event(destruction of Earth) about a 70 Percent chance with the soon to run experiments. www.cerntruth.com...

But Im sure you are a far more reliable source on the subject opposed to their own scientist.

I have to correct you on that, it's a 60-70% likelihood of producing negative strangelets, that's all, and that site isn't the most reliable source.

What disturbs me, is the work of Crowley and Parsons, whereby Crowley was told by this non-human entity that to open the portal fully, matter would have to be destroyed, in other words, what disturbs me most about this, is the Occult aspects, even the satanic aspect (with a small s), that's what I find troubling, for example why at CERN, right at the entrance to the facility, is there a large statue of Shiva, the Hindu God of destruction, that's disturbing to me.

It would seem that they are BOTH wanting to unlock the secrets of the universe and, if at all possible, open a portal, a stargate, or a rip or tear in spacetime - but if they DID pull that off, just how and by what means would they CLOSE it (the Horizon Oil Spill comes to mind here, without a successful outcome)..
edit on 28-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Even if someone discovers and can prove parallel universes, there is no way of telling if anyone can travel to or even communicate with anything there. If my understanding on parallel universes is correct, then any universe parallel to ours could have a totally different physics make-up. It could be a universe full of atoms and particles that are unheard of here. Secondly, in a reality of infinite infinities, there is bound to be a very horrific side out there. Then again on the opposite side of the spectrum there is also bound to be a very very positive side out there as well as everything in between. In my own opinion, I say go for it. Big accomplishments require big risks, and it isn't exactly like the human race has much to lose at this point. Although I can't help but feel somewhat bad in the event that something horrible would go wrong for all the rest of the species on this planet. (As they can't exactly decide what we do to the Earth or on it for that much) So here's to science, hopefully it brings about a change for the better

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I just hope these guys really do understand what they are doing because if they are wrong they could destroy us all.

It's ok. They know what they're doing.

They're going to open the gates of hell and let their mates through.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

if its on then its on ..and i aint got long...so u better learn.

there are many dimensions...only one could be accessed with the LHC....the place of so called angels or gods.

not the physical...but the essence...which will possess a physical body here...like a gaoule.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
reply to post by Cataka

So, just because Humanity has not destroyed itself, does not mean that we will never destroy ourselves. It is not a valid reason as to "why" we will never destroy ourselves.

Sorry, let me clarify:

I do believe it's possible that one day, we may have the knowledge and creativity to invent something that is capable of destroying our own world or many others. What I'm saying is that I don't believe that CERN is capable of accidentally producing something world-ending - and by world-ending I literally mean destroying the entire planet; not simply wiping out humanity. We currently have plenty of things that could wipe out humanity, but nothing on the order of Death Star magnitude.

"It's a trap!" --- Admiral Ackbar
edit on 28-10-2010 by Cataka because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
public.web.cern.ch...

CERN completes transition to lead-ion running at the LHC

An image of one of the first lead-ion collisions seen by the ALICE experiment on 7 November.

Four days is all it took for the LHC operations team at CERN to complete the transition from protons to lead ions in the LHC. After extracting the final proton beam of 2010 on 4 November, commissioning the lead-ion beam was underway by early afternoon. First collisions were recorded at 00:30 CET on 7 November, and stable running conditions marked the start of physics with heavy ions at 11:20 CET today.

“The speed of the transition to lead ions is a sign of the maturity of the LHC,” said CERN Director General Rolf Heuer. “The machine is running like clockwork after just a few months of routine operation.”
==================
with apologies to Country Joe And The Fish - I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag

Well, come on all of you big bang brained men,
Uncle Shiva needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Cernscam
So put down your physics books and pick up a lead ion gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.

And it's one quark, two quark, three quark,
What are we ion lead slinging for ?
Don't ask me, I don't give a neutronized damn,
Next stop is what's left of Kingdom Come;