It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough

abcnews.go.com

"Parallel universes, unknown forms of matter, extra dimensions... These are not the stuff of cheap science fiction but very concrete physics theories that scientists are trying to confirm with the LHC and other experiments."

If you can tell me specifically which physics experiment at the LHC is supposed to be able to prove the existence of parallel universes, then please do so. And to help you out, here is a link to the LHC experiments:

public.web.cern.ch...

If you can't tell me which physics experiment is supposed to do this and how, then I accuse you of being gullible to believe what this author says. He doesn't say exactly how LHC experiments will prove parallel universes either.

The literature I've read has suggested that proving the existence of parallel universes is problematic, but if anyone has details on exactly how we will prove their existence, please enlighten me. That OP article was not enlightening at all, it looked like fluff by an author who doesn't understand the subject matter. He talks about particles possibly disappearing and reappearing but this could just involve additional dimensions in our own universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

So he is still beavering away lol.

Thought he may have given up or something. Or fell in to a portal never to be seen again.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm tired of threads on here thinking something will happen in 2012. I know this thread has nothing to do with 2012, but bringing it up in threads like this . Is beyond stupid. Nothing will happen in 2012. I just read that the Mayan Calender is off by 50-100 years or its already done with . Live your life everyday like it's your last and stop pondering about Aliens and horrific disasters . Reading stuff on here makes me think that this society is nothing but paranoid, ADD out of control Egos . Who can't face the fact that Life is just Life. and We all Die . Give up . If the Aliens out there want to be known to us they will come. I don't doubt about other lifes cause were finding new life on Earth. But i'm tired of this "CHANGE" in 2012. The only change i have coming is Feb 2011, When my DAUGHTER arrives! I'm done with this site . I have been coming here since 2004 and now this site is Out of Control. I know my name is new on here. But don't think i haven't had this site in my Fav. since 2004. Bye , and Good Luck

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This eerily reminds me of "Half Life"... You know, where there is an "accident" and then things go crazy, and then the facility is infested with aliens, and then... and then... ok I'll stop...

The 30-06 is ready for those buggers should it happen lol...

Magnum

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The bummer is, as the article points out, even if ulterior dimensions and/or planes of existence are in fact real, they are most likely un-explorable by ourselves due to light not being present. I am however sure than CERN is most definitely the forefront of science at the moment and will only bring good things to the scientific community, and will not somehow create black holes or the other rubbish perpetuated by scare mongers, and should be pumped up wth some more funding...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tigerwoodsondxm

I think you need to go back to bed and get up again on the right side.

Yeah, i know what you mean about the 2012 thing. People are always trying to predict the end of the world. When 2012 comes to pass, they'll find a new date dont worry.

Just do what i do and ignore those threads. When you think about it. Its the equivalent of flicking december over on a callendar and finding nothing there, then panicking thinking its the end of time.

It probably just takes thier minds of there real problems, ones that they do actually have some control over.

edit on 20-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

One of the most fascinating discoveries of our new century may be imminent if the Large Hadron Collider outside Geneva produces nano-blackholes when it goes live again. According to the best current physics, such nano blackholes could not be produced with the energy levels the LHC can generate, but could only come into being if a parallel universe were providing extra gravitational input. Versions of multiverse theory suggest that there is at least one other universe very close to our own, perhaps only a millimeter away. This makes it possible that some of the effects, especially gravity, "leak through," which could be responsible for the production of dark energy and dark matter that make up 96% of the universe.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

I know it's an old article but still relevant to your question.
edit on 20-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatbag
The bummer is, as the article points out, even if ulterior dimensions and/or planes of existence are in fact real, they are most likely un-explorable by ourselves due to light not being present. I am however sure than CERN is most definitely the forefront of science at the moment and will only bring good things to the scientific community, and will not somehow create black holes or the other rubbish perpetuated by scare mongers, and should be pumped up wth some more funding...

We may be able to peer into another universe via metamaterials.

Here is an article discussing the possibility: sciencenews.org...

edit on 20-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That OP article was not enlightening at all, it looked like fluff by an author who doesn't understand the subject matter. He talks about particles possibly disappearing and reappearing but this could just involve additional dimensions in our own universe.

Agreed. This is just a space filler by some cub reporter, trying to create news where none exists.

Pazcat, I don't know whether or not it would take a parallel universe to create a micro black hole with the LHC--except to say I don't see why it should--but I can tell you that The Daily Galaxy is a highly unreliable, indeed disreputable scientific source.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Can you remember that scientist that says he was building a machine that would use a cone of high powered lazers to put light in a loop, an thus time in a loop craeting a portal in time itself. What ever happened to that. I was excited about it at the time, but heard no more about it.

Last I heard he was still stuck in the loop

edit on 20-10-2010 by nolabel because: Missed a bit

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Actually, I believe that article showed a way to simulate another universe with different fundamental laws of physics. You are not peering into another universe per say, but rather an extremely detailed simulation of one.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I don't pretend to understand any of this... yet I think its cool as hell!!!
other than reading a few great SCi Fi novels along these lines... I know very little on the subject

I think a good many of us believe there is something else out there hovering on the fringes of what we know... I for one would love it if they could prove what has always been more of a gut feeling to me...

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-10-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

Ok take this with a symbolic grain of salt...

In 2002 I was under great stress... I had recovered from a horrible bout of shingles... On my head... And many other stressors in life, of which the shingles were a result....

However, I fell into a trance, and was "taken" through a voyage of existence.... I was to be shown how concentrations of individual items formed a continuum.... How continuums interacting with each other in large concentrations can form yet other continuums....

I was showed many things during this time, which i now refer to as Dimensional Mechanics, but what blew me away was when it quickly got very esoteric, and started breaking down what exactly order, chaos, and void is.

I won't go into all of this here... But at one point the universe was revealed to be where another "objective parallel universe" had fallen into oblivion ( I.e black hole ). The internal difference between these two multiverses was not relative as in time/space but had a surrealistic relationship with it. And im using that term in the utmost sense of its technical definition.

It also showed me "subjective parallel universe" mechanics, specifically how to travel between them, which relate more to compression and expansion of the distance between two different yet potential paths within the 4th dimension.

Anyway... A few years later i started seeing this stuff pop up in discover magazine, scientific American and other publications in little bits...

It's good to see the science continue to grow...
edit on 20-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Given what i learned in 2002 (above post), I'd say that if they can achieve movement of a particle from the point on one of it's potential paths of existence ( the one in which the wave equation has collapsed) in the 4th dimension, or chronologically, to a point on a different potential path which has not yet been realized, then they will have acheived proof of this.
edit on 20-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

HAHAHA Your ADD gave me the in I need to rant a bit

So quantum physics says everything is connected to everything else in a non time or distance vector manner... But the Aether is just STUPID LOL!!!!

I love the Academic World and the Prevailing wisdom it espouses.... so if the ether is back in play wouldn't that make tesla and keely and all those guys alot less debunkable? HMMM....

www.correlatedmagnetics.com... what about this guy that "reprograms" magnets to do all sorts of amazing and "impossible" stuff and in the popular mechanics article he spits out an interesting quote about what magnets are ... and if you're a smart and very perceptive little boy or girl you'll notice his background is in DEFENSE specifically the radar field....

Oh and the november 9 CERN run they are hoping to create Strangelets...
now for bonus points class type in strangelets kugelblitz and plasma weapons into google and tell me what you get (Note: I don't need to know what you actually found I've already done the search and cross referenced it a dozen ways with other searches but you could learn something interesting if your mind is open enough to believe what your eyes tell you)

Somehow I get the feeling that CERN is not doing what they tell us it's doing (probably because most of what they claim to be studying they already know the answers they say they're looking for and have for a decade or six but hey)

Oh and as a fun note those crazy nazi's who weren't as far ahead as us crazy conspiracy guys say .... they had plans for particle accelerators too.... BUT they wanted to put them in orbit!! just in case you know these inconceivably powerful experiments just MIGHT cause Quantum events that can be detrimental to CONTINUED LIFE ON EARTH!

Silly Nazi's we'll just build it in France that's far enough from Berlin Geneva London and Los Alamos!!!!

If you think I'm being histrionic ... look up strangelets for real... there's a positively and a negatively charged variant... one is relatively harmless the other can interface with atomic Nuclei and convert a large percentage of the nuclei it interacts with into .... (drum roll) MORE STRANGELETS !!!

Now in addition to the highly energetic nature of said conversion strangelets and little things like LIFE and conventional MATTER are sort of like oil and water..... Thank god they didn't put CERN somewhere important like Burbank!!! People could get hurt! LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I just hope these guys really do understand what they are doing because if they are wrong they could destroy us all.

You're giving WAY too much credit to mankind.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Why? Have we destroyed ourselves yet?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Why? Have we destroyed ourselves yet?
The story is told that if a certain Russian Lt Colonel had followed proper procedure like he was supposed to, then we might have:

Stanislav Petrov

Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov... is a retired lieutenant colonel of the Soviet Air Defence Forces who deviated from standard Soviet protocol by correctly identifying a missile attack warning as a false alarm on September 26, 1983. This decision may have prevented an erroneous retaliatory nuclear attack on the United States and its Western allies. Investigation of the satellite warning system later confirmed that the system had malfunctioned.

The story may be blown a little out of proportion but

In an interview televised in the United States Blair said, "The Russians saw a U.S. government preparing for a first strike, headed by a President capable of ordering a first strike." Regarding the incident involving Petrov, he said, "I think that this is the closest we've come to accidental nuclear war."

It's often my job to reprimand people for not following proper procedure but this is one case where we can all be glad the standard procedure wasn't followed.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A great read

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Parallel universe, dimensions aka the world unseen/spirit world.

confirm this is confirming biblical truth.

Those who are involved in the occult already know this to be so.

You need to make up your mind to which side you will choose; dont be deceived.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

theoretically its not. we're still in space just with a large solid platform to stand on. I always see it as the most advanced spaceship ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join