It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in the skies over Mansfield UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Today one of my work collegues showed me this video that he filmed a couple of weeks ago of some strange lights in the sky near where he lives, I asked if I could upload it here to see if we can figure out what they are.
I asked if he thought they might be chinese lanterns but he says they didn't look like them to him and he'd seen and set off chinese lanterns before.

Anyway, here is the video he gave me.

It was filmed on Saturday August 21st 2010.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
looks like the helicopter have an eye on this event?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by doogle

Did they just appear?

The second one looked like it did but im not sure. That would rule out chinese lanterns because you'd see them rise up. I thought stars at first but they look like there defo below the clouds.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm sure there used to be a Mansfield UFO club. You should show that to them. It does look like lanterns but you never know. Maybe they have reports of the same event and you can compare.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
theres a constant bright light in the sky...

to the left of the moon.

im convincing myself its the north star... right?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by inner warfare

I think that's Jupiter. From the UK it is anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How is it moving across the sky then, and wheres the moon?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

He said they came from off in the distance to the left, behind the trees and stuff, not just appearing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

you sure?
2nd line :p

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its peculiar how in many ufo videos helicopters can be heard. About a minute after the ufo I saw disappeared, I witnessed a large helicopter heading towards its prior location at full speed. Is anyone else noticing a trend?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doogle

Ah so chinese lanterns cant be ruled out then.

I fear thats it for this case. Once theres a shadow of a doubt, your finnished.

Still interesting though.

Thanks for posting it

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i didnt say it was moving... but it seems to be constantly to the left of the moon. and its very bright.
apparently its jupiter...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No im the one saying its moving

Thats why i was saying how can it be a planet or star.

The one that appears on the left actualy moves right towards the camera. Im saying a chinese lantern now because it did'nt just appear from nowhere.

The first one that seems to stay stationary could very well be either the pole star or jupiter.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Haha, I live about 15 minutes away from big barn lane! I havent seen any strange lights though, probably due to me being at work saturday nights.. but I havent heard anyone mention anything about any weird lights either.

To be fair there's a good chance that it was three police helicopters what with big barn lane being fairly close to a dodgy council estate.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What are the noises near the end, after the helicopter leaves? Sounds like airplanes, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

ah i was on about the sky in general...
not the video...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, i know that the orangey coloured one is definatly Jupiter because i can see it from my porch which is about from ten minutes or so from where this guy lives

Other than that i'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for here.

By the way, i will be doing a post shortly about my own experience which happened in 2001, a little late i know but i've only recently gained access to the internet. keep your eye's peeled for it. The post will have mansfield UK in the title

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The lights are not doing anything noteworthy, their behaviour does not suggest they are any type of new craft.
They do how ever live up to their name of being a UFO. Unidentified Floating Object in this case, which doesn't equal aliens.

You can't rule out chinese Lanterns.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A 'Dodgy council estate' i happen to live on -.-

top topics

join