It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "Disclosure" mean to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I saw a UFO...not some light in the sky..it was scary and at about 100 yards away across a field...I believe.

That being said, disclosure to me would be setting the darn thing right there on the lawn of the white house...all the networks and cameras...and the same scene repeated simultaneously all around the world...that would be disclosure. Anything less is open for debate..I want absolute proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Disclosure should be truthful and well researched. Here is an example...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
this is what disclosure means to me:
that ets fly their crafts and basically hover over national or international landmarks, waiting for news crews to arrive, and film their landings. it doesn't have to be many, just 2 or 3. it means that world governments hold press conferences welcoming ets in an official capacity. that's what disclosure means to me. and until this type of phenomena happens, everything else is speculation.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It will mean that many will be able to say at last "see i am not crazy!"

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
It will mean that many will be able to say at last "see i am not crazy!"
nice

that is eggcelant answer

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
my opinion is disclosure will not come from governments or powers that be, after half a century they are too entangled in their web of denial and sometimes debasement of peoples sightings with retorts such as "weather balloons", or as in the PHEONIX LIGHTS "flares" even though these "flares" were flying in a fixed formation i thought it would be quite windy up there anyway it would be far too embarrassing to come clean now no it will certainaly have to be the visitors who offer disclosure a pheonix lights example in broad daylight over good old england should do it ill be watching

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
who let the cat in here
Great now i need to vacuum

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Less farmland for the common people and the ruling classes taking more public into private ownership with scant regard to the law...

Ohhhh wait... damnation, verily i seem to have been the unfortunate victim of some witchery and somehow transported to into another time.

Say no to enclosure.... Fire the Leveller.
edit on 28-10-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling as usual

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Perfect,. you have nailed it on the head
Bravo to the aliens in red hats

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not that i believe this to be the date, but this is what i think disclosure would be like

edit on 28-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"You know, there is a great difference between having a lot of data and having an explanation for something. For example, we have a lot of data about people dying of cancer every day. We have samples, we have X-rays, we have everything about what happened to them. And we've been applying high technology to this problem for 50 years. But we still don't know how to cure cancer. So there's a big difference between saying "the government must have a lot of data" and saying "the government knows what this is." - Jacques Vallee

Just as in the above quote by Jacques Vallee, I do not believe that the Government knows what this is. Sure they have a lot of data, but if they disclose the data, without answers? The world population would become fearful of their safety. Fear of the unknown is a powerful deterrent to truth and full disclosure.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

What it means to me it be one of the most happiest days in my life. The government admits the world been visited by aliens all those years would finely shut up those debunkers. I find it silly that a lot of people can't accept we not alone and the world is being visited. Science is very limited and aliens will know much more then humans how things work and figure out how to travel such large distances.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Seems like the disclosure Idea is beginning to fizzle out
hmmmm.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chopper

really? will disclosure really make you happy? because it confirms what you've been suspecting? that it confirms your thoughts that gov'ts are lying? maybe.
not so sure i'd be all that happy. what if disclosure is not what you thought. what if you were disappointed?
we talk about disclosure alot here. but it would change everything. not sure i want that. maybe the lie is better.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If it ever does come out in the open it will be by mistake and i doubt the person who who finds the smoking ray gun, as it were, will even be that interested in UFOs. it will, i suspect come about when someone somewhere in the world has to apply for some form of permit for fishing/agriculture whatever and it is such a rare request the civil servants dealing with it have to dig deep to find the relevant forms.

Whilst going about this the civil servant or the person themselves, maybe even in tandem, will most likely, end up in some obscure building rooting through a filing cabinet stiff with age. In it stuffed at the back will be an innocent looking manila folder with a red stripe across the corner marked Top Secret. Human nature will take over and the file will be opened and it will contain the details of some sighting, probably long forgotten and most if not all of its' witnesses are now long gone or retired.

Reading the file will seem like something from the X-files but somewhere in that document there will a single sentence or quote that says something to the effect of. "This was undoubtedly what is termed a UFO, a craft under intelligent control that is beyond any known human technology". There might even be some sort of photograph that pretty unequivocally shows some sort of craft. There will be a short list of witnesses and possibly the report will have been singed off by some , now long dead, member of the military...

The finders will know they have something potentially of huge importance or maybe think it is a joke. Whatever, the report will be slipped out of the office and advice about it sought. It willl, in pretty quick time, find its' way onto the net after being scanned and someone will recognise the names in the report.... at that point the whole thing will become a huge story. Depending on the country the files were discovered in will depend how the Brass react. If it is Europe but not the UK, chances are that will be it. There will be a press conference and some ranknig officer will deliver the news that... Yes.. on the .. of.... a craft was observed and the conclusion was..it was a genuine UFO and was of a technology unknown on earth at the time. If it's the UK or the USA we will have the amusing sight of the military and politicians running round like headless chickens till someone says. Sorry, we can't diss this one without totally losing all credibility and the good will of the public at large and eventually a press conference will be called and they will begrudgingly confess it is genuine and yes it was a UFO...

The reason it will be found in some totally obscure ministry's office, is because it is the classic avoidance tactic used by Governments to avoid handing papers over. Just in case someone demands the right to see a file and is granted that right, maybe by a court, they will hive off parts of documents and whole files to some other ministry's archives using some nifty lateral logic for storing it there. They know that the chances of it ever being found are minimal and they can technically tell the truth if asked for the file by saying .." We no longer have it". which is true as their particular ministry doesn't have it as it was moved to another ministry's archive.

By the time it is discovered it will have been forgotten by all but possibly, the odd surviving witness. No one in current military, save for maybe one or two will even know of the incident ever happening and none of the current crop of politicians will have clue it happened. I very much doubt any Ufologist will have ever heard of the incident *officially*. although, it is a possibility one remembers being tipped off, many years ago, about an incident they would be interested in involving the military... but nothing more was ever said to them.

So there you have it, how i think , if it happens, disclosure might come about.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

A majority of my mind believes the general public would have a
hard time trying to grasp this Idea of Real ET's
Though Hollywood does a decent job of presenting Aliens in movies.
they are always a threat and we defeat them.
therefore I fear humans would first take a defensive stance. and this could create a very unfavorable situation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join