It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Feint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Wikileaks Feint

cryptome.org

The Wikileaks tweet to download its "insurance" file appears to be a feint to misinform about its next releases.

Assange's long-tweet and attack on Wired appears a part of the feint.

Daniel Schmitt's and "insiders" falling out with Assange appear a part of the feint.

The several leaks to the media and joint newsmaking about what the next leak appears a part of the feint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to thing about John Young and that post he put up on his website Cryptome.org.

Imho hot stuff. I'll (back)check the statements he makes best possible and hope for you guys to help me in analysing this.

Furthermore John Young is representing (as he says himself) Wikileaks in a Forum about Internet, Privacy and Leaks: John Young agreed to speak for Wikileaks

cryptome.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2010 by TheDeader because: added link to john young speaks about wikileaks

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
From wiki:

Feint is a French term that entered English from the discipline of fencing.[citation needed] Feints are maneuvers designed to distract or mislead, done by giving the impression that a certain maneuver will take place, while in fact another, or even none, will. In military tactics and many types of combat, there are two types of feints: feint attacks and feint retreats.

That is a very interesting article, and like someone said in the other thread this is literally like a movie or a soap opera.

Diplomatic Cables would indeed be more important, because everybody already expects corrupt files on the wars.

The story just keeps getting better...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Ahhhh..the intrigue. John Young had been on board with WikiLeaks in the beginning and from what I have seen over the past year or so is simply his support of wikileaks, they are all after spreading a little sunlight.

How I read Youngs statement is that he is as baffled as the rest of us. I had always wondered if given the mid-level security of the information that wikileaks exposes that it were possible to use the network by the powers to spread dis-information or even to pack the databases with propaganda against Iran.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am convinced the "Insurance File" is Assange's way of letting DoD know that he has the upper hand. NSA has more than likely broken the code and knows what it contains. It is a BACK OFF or else statement.

While shopping through cryptomes posts about the matter I ran into a link back to ATS...a discussion on decryption. cryptome.org... an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A post I made back in August:

I think the insurance file contains the diplomatic cables. Quote from the Manning-Lamo conversation (original source anonymous):

(1:47:36 PM) bradass87: im sorry, there's so many... its impossible for any one human to read all quarter-million... and not feel overwhelmed... and possibly desensitized
(1:48:20 PM) bradass87: the scope is so broad... and yet the depth so rich
(1:48:50 PM) Adrian: give me some bona fides ... yanno? any specifics.
(1:49:40 PM) bradass87: this one was a test: Classified cable from US Embassy Reykjavik on Icesave dated 13 Jan 2010
(1:50:30 PM) bradass87: the result of that one was that the icelandic ambassador to the US was recalled, and fired
(1:51:02 PM) bradass87: thats just one cable...

The cable referenced is 6.86KB. 260,000 x 6.86KB = 1,783,600 KB = 1,741 MB = 1.7 GB. That is in the ballpark of 1.4GB. They probably don't want to release it before Manning is sentenced, as it would surely negatively impact his trial.

A reporter from LeMonde (mainstream French newpaper) found the post interesting enough to link to. LeMonde

new topics

top topics

join