It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Debt: Just Doesn't Make Sense - Where Is The Money Going???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have just read in a recent news article that Britain Borrowed Over £16bn In September I must confess I am not interested per se in politics I believe it is a game or corruption and power shifting. However that said I have a poser that I can't seem to grasp and that is:

When all the countries around europe say they are in debt and need to impose harsh spending cuts because they all owe money, who exactly do they owe money to? and who exactly are they borrowing money off every month also I have just read this:

fusilier50Posted by: fusilier50 on October 20, 2010 11:04 AM

we pay insane amounts of our taxes to europe.

2005 – £12.5 billion
2006 – £12.4 billion
2007 – £12.5 billion
2008 – £13.7 billion (estimated)

the rebate we used to get got us the following back.

2005 – £3.6 billion
2006 – £3.9 billion
2007 – £4.6 billion
2008 – £3.6 billion (estimate)

is it just me that sees how we can resolve our problems in one easy step?

its time for our politicians to justify why we are still in this federation at all when we get so little back.

Why does the UK give insane amount of taxes to europe?, where is the money going? I can't help but feel there is more to all of this than meets the eye? wheredoes the money come from in the first place?
edit on 20-10-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think this just proves that the UK has fingers in more pies than we realise. As for where the money comes from.......well we probably pay more tax than any other country in the world, it has to go somewhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Basically the whole thing doesn't make much sense. Having a bunch of countries with widely diverse cultures and languages who are joined together in a highly artificial system is not really very effective and makes little sense. Having a bunch of no-faced people in Brussels laying down regulations to tell 26 countries how much they can trade, in what, and at what prices makes little sense. Making countries adopt a common currency which is only really for the benefit of the most powerful members makes sense for those members, but only serves to keep the poorer ones poorer. It is all endless regulation of a huge population in multiple nations by the very few in the elite -- and how that can be beneficial for the majority and for the greater good is simply impossible to determine, because there is no evidence that it is for the greater good.

Even trying to work out where the money comes from, where it goes, and who ultimately decides all of this is becoming harder and harder for anyone to fathom. I expect this is what they want. For example, why should my country, which is smaller and far poorer than Greece, be called upon to help bail Greece out of the financial mess it got itself into? There is no fairness in that, there is no good economic sense in it, and eventually such money-go-rounds are going to fall in a huge, smoking heap that will burn with fires fuelled by piles of worthless Euros.

The EU now is far from what it was ever meant to be when it was first established, and it is becoming increasingly like some kind of Empire, similar to those that existed under the Hapsburgs and similar regimes of the past. I expect that eventually, this Empire of the EU will go the way they did.

Regards,

Mike
edit on 20/10/10 by JustMike because: Typos.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
I think this just proves that the UK has fingers in more pies than we realise. As for where the money comes from.......well we probably pay more tax than any other country in the world, it has to go somewhere.

But don't you see, all we hear on the news is Uk is in debt, France is in debt, Belgium is in debt, germany is in debt e.t.c e.t.c, why are they all in debt? where has the money gone? none of this is covered in the mainstream news all we hear is that the banks lost the money??? I just don't get it borrowing money each month and paying off a miniscule amount of the debt each month will only create more problems right? so surely the whole system needs to be reviewed. This whole financial sytems smells like a doity stinkin rat! and should be highlighted to everyone around the world. Somethng just isn't right somewhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

We do actually get a bit back from being in Europe, we just dont hear about it. Liverpool has been totally regenerated thanks to EU money and other cities have also received funding from the EU.

www.esf.gov.uk...
www.culturefund.eu...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Exact same in Ireland.

All politicans are looking really sad and sorrowful and saying very tough times ahead but it can't be helped.

The debt is curretly being plugged with more debts.

The simple fact is the whole economic system is broken beyond repair.

The only reason I can figure that they are going down the path they are going is to bring everybody to basically the same level. The majority of the population of Europe will be living in poverty or very close to it when the cuts are implemented.

All that will be left then will be a small amount of super rich and super powerful. They can implement whatever they want because there will be enough fools in uniform who will do what ever they are told for the scraps that are left over.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs.

You will not find a solution for this mess in the external world you live. Its time to start looking within for the answer.

edit on 20-10-2010 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

We do actually get a bit back from being in Europe, we just dont hear about it. Liverpool has been totally regenerated thanks to EU money and other cities have also received funding from the EU.

www.esf.gov.uk...
www.culturefund.eu...

Surley though if the UK was not sending so much money to europe (for it to be swallowed up to god knows where) then more cities could be regenerated? The way I see it is like you give all your hard earned money to the Fat Cats (in this case europe) and then they give you a little tit bit for complying. Alot like the lottery commision. I would like to know how much is taken with fees and admin costs in relation to the amount given to winners and charities. IMHO its a con from start to finish and doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
one element causing deficit spending in the EU are the liberal & expensive retirement
packages that people collect---and not enough taxes are incoming---

here's a recent example of the French Senate considering upping the retirement age
from 58 yrs to 62 years...& the ensuing riots

Retirement at age 58? That's the rule in France? Hmmmm.....
[Sep 13, 2010] I note with interest, as I watch t.v. coverage of the riots in the streets of France, where people are complaining that the retirement age of 58 will have to be raised ... ~ by Li Read ( 12 comments )
activerain.com/blogsview/1854776/​retirement-at-age-58...

then there's the other 'Austerity measures' being implemented all across the EU community,
there's just not enough money coming into the government vaults through taxes and VAT
to support the extremely liberal & expensive government pay-outs , right or wrong....

theres also the fact that the banks are all in-the-red because of the trash paper that the corrupt
firms in America sold them... they have to 'recapitalize' the debt one way or another...
taking productive money out of the system results in a growing 'Debt' situation...
and the central banks create new money that automatically has debt strings-attached
just to float the system until a recovery can take place=== if ever

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
then there's the other 'Austerity measures' being implemented all across the EU community,
there's just not enough money coming into the government vaults through taxes and VAT
to support the extremely liberal & expensive government pay-outs , right or wrong....

If the above figures are correct that is not suprising it seems that Britain is giving all of its money to Europe (whoever that is)

theres also the fact that the banks are all in-the-red because of the trash paper that the corrupt
firms in America sold them... they have to 'recapitalize' the debt one way or another...

Again this doesn't make sense to me. One minute we hear that banks need to be bailed out again and the next we hear that they are paying out bonuses and god knows what, because they met their targets??? I mean how can a bank need bailing out if the banks are making profit?

Do you see where my questions arise from?

taking productive money out of the system results in a growing 'Debt' situation...
and the central banks create new money that automatically has debt strings-attached
just to float the system until a recovery can take place=== if ever

Recovery will never take place as long as the system that controls it is stil up and running? the way I see it the entire system has been designed in order to keep people dumbed down and to ask questions is sheer insolence! I mean if each country did not borrow so much money in the first place from each, they would be able to sort their own problems out?

There are so many parts to this complicated political jigsaw puzzle that just don't make sense? looking at the current situation across the US and EUROPE it is a pepetual cycle and no matter how much money you pump in to it, you will never be cleared of debt due to the amount of interest being charged on each borrowed figure? it doesn't take a genius to work this out? yet nobody seems to speak of it????????

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"Where Is The Money Going?"

are you serious? to evil corporations & elite who bribe our motherfu*king corrupt politicians. [snip] them all!
edit on 20/10/10 by masqua because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by raivo

I feel for you and I understand how frustrating it is and how the whole system is wrecking lives and destroying families but everyone has to ask these questions in order to be able to make some sense out of this cleverly orchestrated smoke screen.

When you speak of corporations which ones in particular?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Should have mentioned this earlier.

This is an example how completely insane the whole sitaution has got. It makes absolutely no sense anymore.

The Irish economy has been totally flushed down the toliet. It has suffered a massive heart- attack and cannot be brought back to life.

Who do you reckon is most exposed to this Irish debt.

Yes, thats right. Ireland nearest neighbour did the good neighbour deed and bought up a load of Irish debt. It did this through its newly aquired bank, RBS.

Its kinda like Ned Flanders been conned by Homer Simpson. I think it is pretty hilarious.

All you can do anymore is laugh at how stupid the whole situation is.

see below for full story
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's the system. This is how it works. It's not only Europe. Think about it 1000000 of people working ever day, creating things, selling things and every day, every fu**** country on this planet has more dept. Some very rich private persons get richer and more powerful every day until the slaves stand up.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Yes, thats right. Ireland nearest neighbour did the good neighbour deed and bought up a load of Irish debt. It did this through its newly aquired bank, RBS.

Sorry Johny Seagull I am not familiar with irish politics what do you mean by this (above) are you saying RBS caused these problems for ireland? forgive me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Of course not. I am just giving an example of how ridiculous things are getting.

The Irish ecomony is in tattters. England believes the Irish government when they told them that the country will bounce back and ithen the UK is stupid enough to invest in Irish Debt.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Of course not. I am just giving an example of how ridiculous things are getting.

The Irish ecomony is in tattters. England believes the Irish government when they told them that the country will bounce back and ithen the UK is stupid enough to invest in Irish Debt.

Oh I see, surely there would be some method in its madness? I mean why would Britain buy up Irelands debts if there wasn't something in it for them, thats normally how it works doesn't it? unless of course only a select few people actual benefit from all of it. I can't help but feel that this plan has been orchestrated and the previous UK government were in the know and kind of played a role in UK's demise.

Do you think its possible that many other country leaders are in the know also? and are doing everything they can to make their citizens poorer so that they can reap their own rewards?

Why do people not see this?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
It's the system. This is how it works. It's not only Europe. Think about it 1000000 of people working ever day, creating things, selling things and every day, every fu**** country on this planet has more dept. Some very rich private persons get richer and more powerful every day until the slaves stand up.

Thats pretty much the way I see things.

One thing that I am complete befuddled about is the fact that the average jo bloggs does not see how they are being robbed of all their income and assets its completely ludicrous

Let me give you an example:

Yesterday on the news there was a discussion about the strike in France and how it was effecting people in and around small villages in France. Basically people were coming on and complaining how the french always strike and that they are troublemakers and something should be done. There was absolutely no focus whatsoever about why they were striking. The News corporation was trying to make out like the trouble makers striking were indeed causing much pain to their fellow citizens. When one man came on the air and said that he supported their cause and more should follow and that their village had been prepared he was abruptly cut off.

I am gobsmacked that smart intelligent people are just laying on their backs whilst the people whom they believe have their interest at heart are continuously raping them over and over again? its just sheer madness!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well in Greece we have a huge debt,but we know where the money goes:

In the pockets of the politicians and their minions.They give stupid funds every year(like 1500€ in every member of the parliament(300) for new computers and other hardware,when they had changed it a couple of years back AGAIN or 200.000€ for curtains in the ministry of education) when there are people that don't have the basics.
They reduced the salary of civil servants and the pensions but they didn't cut a cent from their own salary.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Well in Greece we have a huge debt,but we know where the money goes:

In the pockets of the politicians and their minions.They give stupid funds every year(like 1500€ in every member of the parliament(300) for new computers and other hardware,when they had changed it a couple of years back AGAIN or 200.000€ for curtains in the ministry of education) when there are people that don't have the basics.
They reduced the salary of civil servants and the pensions but they didn't cut a cent from their own salary.

There were riots in Greece was there not? what came about after those riots? did everyone just say "well what can I do" and wander back home? it seemswe all give in far too easily.

I hear the same thing over and over again, what can we do about it its a perfectly acceptable question that needs alot of care and attention in order to progress.

new topics

top topics

join