It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu jab linked to rare nerve disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Woohoo - isn't that what many here have been saying all along

Health watchdogs have admitted for the first time that there may be a possible link between the swine flu jab and an increased risk of developing a rare nerve disease. - telegraph.co.uk

www.telegraph.co.uk

Experts are carrying out studies to examine a possible association between the vaccine and Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a condition which attacks the nervous system and can cause paralysis and even death. - telegraph.co.uk

Nope - Haven't had the jabs and won't have the jabs.
What do you reckon

Cheers
MJ2

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have heard alot about shots being designed to do something to the population, almost like population control. I think personally it could be on purpose, it could of been a accident. My friend wouldn't join the military because he doesn't trust what they do to the people that serve. How ever im screwed. I lost track of how many times I have been stabeed with flu, small pox, diseases, and what not.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Guillain-Barre Syndrome can be a life threatening disorder (2-12% of patients die despite intensive care), and is becoming associated with more and more drugs. Guillain-Barre syndrome is a disorder caused by nerve inflammation involving progressive muscle weakness or paralysis, which often follows an infectious illness.

The following drugs have been associated with this disorder: Avelox, Lamictal, Enbrel and other statin and anti-epileptic drugs. Also, the swine flu shot.

This disorder has also been linked to the cytomegalovirus, prevalent in Fibromyalgia strangely enough. Just enough reasons to stay healthy and try to avoid all pharmaceuticals.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Be warned that this years flu vaccine INCLUDES the H1N1 strain. So the problems you could avoid last year by not having the Swine flu vaccine and just having the standard vaccine can't be avoided this year.

Details of Vaccine

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's amazing what you learn with research and a grasp of statistics.

Guilliane-Barre Syndrome (GBS) was reported to the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System (VAERS) in 143 cases out of the 127 million vaccines given.
BUT, there are 80-160 new cases of GBS, regardless of vaccine, each week. So an entire flu season cases fall into the stats quite well; those cases could easily been triggered by something different all together.

By contrast, there were 11,690 DEATHS from the 57 million reported flu cases in the same time.
This makes the flu mortality rate .02%
The cases of possible vaccine-related GBS works out to be 0.0000011%
The OP's source even gives some numbers:

The MHRA had 15 suspected GBS cases after vaccination – and six million doses of the swine flu jab Pandemrix were given.

That's .00000025%
I'll stick with the odds on that one.

VAERS Update, June 2010

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is the 2nd year that I've had the Swine Flu and Seasonal Flu shot (this year was the combo shot) and so far, I haven't succumbed to anything more than a sore arm for a couple of days...then again I hate needles, so I was probably just imagining it or trying to get some extra sympathy from my wife who thinks I'm a total wuss as she gets a minimum of 3 injections a day. lol

The number of people who develop life threatening complications is relatively small when you look at the bigger picture. That said however, I'm of the opinion that you should only get this kind of inoculation if you have too or if you want too. It should never be forced on anyone.

Anyhoo, It's either 2 or 3 weeks since I've had the shot and I'm still the same old me. Maybe all these disorders take time to develop or maybe I've dodged a bullet and should have bought a Lotto ticket the day I had it done. Mind you, it is a shame about all the extra mercury I have in me now...maybe I could get "temp" work as a thermometer now...

Rev

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

The sole voice of reason in this thread. Thanks for taking the time to post the actual statistics.

Everyone needs to actually read the article and use the "critical thinking" bit of their brain. There is a world of difference between "scientists are studying the connection between X an Y" and "X causes Y".

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I try to be a voice of reason too...I just have laryngitis today.
Out of interest, what's you're take on the Swine Flu vaccine?

Rev

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Yuck, I hope your laryngitis clears up. That's a nasty thing to deal with.

My opinion on the swine flu is the same as any flu vaccine. If you're a member of the risk groups, a health care worker, or live in close quarter with a lot of people (military, dorms, nursing home, prison, etc.), then you should definitely get it. Otherwise, it's entirely up to you. I've already gotten mine because I work in a hospital and while I probably wouldn't get sick if I inhaled flu virus, I don't want to risk developing an asymptomatic or subclinical infection and then passing it on to a patient, who may or may not be immunocompromised for a variety of reasons.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I totally agree with everything you've said mate. I'm a full time carer nowadays and I get the shot because it'll reduce risk of me catching something and passing it on when I'm looking after my wife.

I really wish they had a different way to give the shot though because needles hurt!

Rev

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Thank all for your comments. I think I will still hold off for now. We are all indeed different my wife had the jab and felt quite sick for about 3 days still she is okay now. Sorry for the short reply sent from myphone. MJ2

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The number may be small, but I was one of them that got it, and I tell you when it is you,, it is NOT Small.

The ER doc said she sees it every winter and is more common that you would think.

Mono is another virus that causes it. I had mono and a flu shot in the same two weeks, no wonder I got it.

I can tell you the hell I went through and continue to go through, give me the flu any day.

15 percent of people with gullian barre develop CIDP ( Chronic inflammatory dehmylinating polyneuropathy ) Relapsing form for the rest of your life. That is what I have. I have made it one of my missions in life to let people know you are playing russian roulette when taking this shot .

Keep yourself healthy, eat a vitamin rich diet. Lots of vit c BEFORE you get sick, and you wont get sick.
I take 2.000 mg a day vit C. I drink a lot of pure unsweetened juice. I no longer even catch colds that are in my house, and I used to catch them all before this. I also keep my body at a good alkaline urine ph.

A lot will take that shot and be fine, but if you are one of the unlucky ones., gullian barre is the hardest thing I ever went though in my life, and the scariest. Not worth the risk.

top topics

join