It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Who is', better yet, 'Who are' in charge of the political parties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
To start off, I would like it to be known that I've never really been much into our government's politics. In the past, decisions made by the government hadn't really bothered me even if I didn't agree with the policy because it was with the understanding that the majority rules.

Since President 'Shrub' started his tenure, I started to notice that "We the People" were starting to get restless with some of the goings on in Washington. Now, as of lately, it's no longer "We the People", it's 'those democrats and those republicans' that are in an uproar. Almost to the point of an out and out separation of our government.

Now this is where I get confused. Aren't these 'Public' officials suppose to be representing us, "The People"? A majority of "We the People" voted them into office to express our needs and thoughts to make the 'United States of America' the land of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" and most importantly, 'THE' place to live in this world! What the heck is going on? The political parties are at each others throats. A member of one party may agree with the other party's idea but cannot go against his party's decision on fear of being chastised.

The way I look at it, it's more of the problem of the 'Gangs', meaning the Democrats and Republicans and not so much of the individuals themselves. It seems that once you become gang affiliated, you cannot go against their rules and must conform to their bylaws. Where did this way of government come from? Who's in charge? It surely cannot be the people that voted them in.

It seems that although these incumbents are in the Public's offices and supposedly placed there by the majority of the Public, their actions are not of the Public's. That being said, the question is Why or better yet, 'Who' is/are the one(s) that is/are making these elected Public Representatives act against the majority of citizens that voted them into office? With everybody screaming about the handling of our government, it's hard to believe that the majority of the Public wants them to do it the way that they are.

Our Public officials have become followers instead of the leaders that 'We the People' intended them to be. 'WHO?' is it that has them so intimidated to go against what 'We the People' are asking them to do?

In this fight, getting rid of the messengers, I don't think, is going to solve much. All that'll happen is that we'll vote another 'martyr' into office just to find that somehow, somewhere, they got assimilated into the way of thinking that's presently going on in our government. If we can find out who the leaders of these 'Gangs' are, we can then get rid of the source of this corruption.

Who is 'THE' democrat and Who is 'THE' republican?

If you believe you know who is in charge, can we do it the old ATS way?
You know, where you have to have some credible source to back up your belief and not just some gut feeling.

Thanks all and please enlighten me because "We the People" wants to know.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Republican and Democrat used to be terms which meant something. In my opinion, in our modern world, it's all been hijacked, twisted, and turned on it's head.

Now we have victims who polarize themselves into two camps and, though equally victimized, spend their time blaming each other for their woes without being aware enough to blame the real culprits.

Who runs this country? Big business. The rest of us are just along for the ride.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here is a list of the top 135 donators to the political parties.

What you're looking for pretty much starts and stops there.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'll agree to an extent. There are alot of good 'salt of the earth' folks that want to be a servant to the 'People' and carry our voice to make a change for the better. They do get voted in because they are true, but it seems that once they get into a Public Servant's office of some degree of prestige, it's like someone says to them "Welcome to the Club. Now that you're a member, let me explain how we do things. Oh and by the way, if you don't follow the rules, your life will be ruined. But if you do, all this is yours!"

You say big buisness. That's pretty general. I can't fathom a room full of CEOs bidding for a civil servant. Big buisnesses have to compete with other big buisnesses. if one Corp loses out to another Corp, I would think that the loser would try and bust his competitor. Big buisness is a dog eat dog, cut throat way of life.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Okay I agree that these special interest groups pay, excues me, support these lobbyist. There again you have conflicting special interest groups thus conflicting lobbyist.

Let's say I'm in a room with all these lobbyist represemnting these special interest groups. Firstly, I've got to remember that my voice is the voice of my "People'. Now some of these lobbyist are scratching my back and others are rubbing my feet, all awhile everybody in the room is telling me what they can do if I help them.

Alot of choices here. I think that there is a boss that will tell me what I need to do. Besides, I'm just one vote and even if I take the back rubs the other guy with a voice of his 'People', if swayed, may like the foot massages better.

I think we need to look at the senior members being the boss but which ones?

top topics

join