It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont re hire them for failure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Lets say its time for the quarterly performance review at your company. You've been performing poorly, all the plans that you had made havent worked, and you've been telling your boss for the last year or so that "Its going to get better sir, i can turn this around" and well nothing has got any better. And your boss has the choice to let you go, or keep you on board. If you were your boss what would you do? Keep the guy that has a poor track record or go with someone new? Probably go for someone new right?

Fire Congress

Are you tired of the bad choices Congress keeps making? Within the past year, Congress has spent more money than you, your children, or your grandchildren will ever be able to repay. Americans are beginning to realize just how negatively the choices being made for our country will effect us. Many groups are uniting throughout the country to demand a change - change back to living by the US Constitution and actually being represented by our Congressmen. If you are not part of one of these groups, contact us and we'll put you in touch with one near you. It's time we send the message straight to Congress -- do your job or you're fired!

During the performance review you tell your boss, if i am making more moeny i can be able to perform better. Errrr what? Do you think your boss would go for that? Or better yet, what if you just told your boss, im giving myself a raise. Would he go for that? What if you didnt even tell him, or give him a choice in the matter? Would that be fair? Would it be right?

Pay Raise

Want a raise? Don't beg to your boss. Just vote yourself one. That's what the United States Congress just did. For the fifth year in a row, lawmakers voted not to reject their automatic "cost of living" raise that will increase the annual salary of members by $3,400 to a total of $158,103 per year.

Ok, so your doing a terrible job, you have already given yourself a raise. It comes to your bosses attention and you get the axe. Oh crap, what am i going to do for money now? Click here to see what kind of cash these guys got.

Dont vote incumbant. They have failed. Dont let them keep their jobs. You know as well as i do that had it been you or i, and it was up to our bosses...we'd have been fired a long time ago. Who's congress's bosses? US!! The citizens of the United States! Dont reward them for failure. Whats the incentive to them to do a good job? Teach them a lesson. Do your job, or dont have a job. Its that easy.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Agreed, its time to clean house, bring all new people and vote in a term limit!!!

2nd

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Definately. No more promises, no more catchy slogans, no more mud slinging. Congress...your f'n up. Its time to go. You aint gotta go home, but you damn sure cant stay in washington no more!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Unfortunately all we'd be doing is changing out experienced crooks for novice crooks. Without real reforms in campaign finance, lobbying, and governmental transparency the shenanigans in Washington are never going to end.

What we need, here and now, are some legitimate patriots, a new Congressional Congress, and an overhaul of the whole concept of governance in the US.

We the people want our voice back. Big business has had it for far too long.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe novice crooks would be more transparent in thier crookedness and the masses would see it? Just a sarcastic thought. I totally agree with you that the system has to change. See my other post about it.

We Hold These Truths to be Self Evident

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

How about this-

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

Congressional Reform Act of 2010

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

I agree with all of them but I would also add.

MANDATORY DRUG SCREENING YEARLY AND MONTHLY RANDOM

we have to do it at work so should they.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Hmmm and we could add no limo's or drivers for them too, they drive themselves, get a speeding ticket you pay the fine, drunk driving, you do the time. Just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
you know, it wasnt til the 1900's congress didnt get paid....they did their civic duty ansd had a real job...thats what should happen agaon

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Have you read Mr Marrs last book? Trillion Dollar Conspiracy, im almost done with it and im at the list on how to change all this stuff around. He has some great ideas. Dont wanna infringe on his intellectual proprerty or i would list them. Unless Mr Marrs gives me permission....Mr Marrs?

top topics

join