It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange loud, metal sounding almost like gears changing sound in the skies!!! 092410

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Well I asked Mr Google about your experience, and I couldn't find an explanation for what your experiencing.
I did find some people that have had experiences exactly the same as yours though. Almost identical to your description.

Been hearing this sound the past 3 of 4 nights. Was a sound I never heard before in my life, was trying to describe it to someone and was hard-pressed to come up with an exact description. I don't know if its extra-terrestrial related or what, but it definitely freaks me out. Happens usually around 3:15am-3:30am

Hello Brian, I had to report this after I read the report of the terrible sound in Vancouver. Three years ago I was camping beside Mitre Lake outside of Yuma Arizona, it was about 3:30-4:00 am

About the same time as you experienced the loud noise.

The noise can only be described as a very loud shrieking, with a metallic grinding sound that shook our neighborhood, but as I stood on the deck, in my underwear, there was absolutely no motor noise or sight of a plane

It sounded exactly like stripped gears on a car -- if the car had a hundred gears and was as big as a house -- and over your head

Almost exactly the same description as yours.

You can check the site out for yourself if you want. ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

In one case, the power to the city was lost shortly after the noise and they got blacked out for a few hours.
Very strange, I can see this starting to turn into a conspiracy.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
That is so weird .... it was early a.m. as I recall the other folks talking about hearing it about that time too.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

This something I put together to describe what it sounded like.....
Not a 100% accurate but close to it!!!!
Doesnt allow me to add audio.... will try again
edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Great finds>>> Where did U find these?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
here is a post about the strange sound you heard:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is the one from my area (was it similar)?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

A tab being loud... But not really.....

Finally.... well it sounded like this just missing a jet sound along with it but this is a good example...
Also theres was a little pause in between the sounds but the jest sound was in between the pauses of the metal ilike sounds
edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: added sound

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

I posted the link on my last post, you must've missed it

ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

I'm just waiting for someone to say it's experimental reverse engineered alien technology that the government it trialling in the early morning that they haven't quite perfected.

I'm sure someone will mention it

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Im not sure how to describe this but several days after a ufo sighting, appx: 3am I herd what sounded like a horrible sound it was so loud almost like a train passing by but amplified ten times and it sounded like gears grinding, like a large transmission. The sound was coming from the western skies and I seen what could've been a plane judging solely by the distance (can't confirm really what it was but I know better not to asume ) anyhow I watched as it traveled going up slowly only seen lights and slowly it lifted as the sounds kept the same level seemed not to lower itself just sound like metal! It sounded so horrible Im suprise no one even talked about it or even mentioned anything anywhere. I live in St. Charles, IL. Did anybody else hear this?

Im sorry but surely if it was an advanced alien craft it wouldnt sound like a 1964 morris minor changing gear lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Thank You.... I visted it... Weird indeed!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I personally think it might be a experimental or maybe its just totaly screwed up!!!! One never knows...

edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: typo.... lets see if more is herd of it

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

If you Google earth 60174 thats my zipcode.... zoom out just a tab and scroll just south to BATAVIA.... "FERMILAB" is also located at the direction the sound was coming from just as the lights....

I did some internet search of " FERMILAB and UFO" see what you'll find... also I read they are working on UFO populsion.... just a FYI... I don't have the physical edvidence

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
www.gmilburn.ca...

strange letter is translated to:

FRANK SHOEMAKER WOULD CALL THIS NOISE

stranger and stranger ....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
reply to post by jexmo

If you Google earth 60174 thats my zipcode.... zoom out just a tab and scroll just south to BATAVIA.... "FERMILAB" is also located at the direction the sound was coming from just as the lights....

I did some internet search of " FERMILAB and UFO" see what you'll find... also I read they are working on UFO populsion.... just a FYI... I don't have the physical edvidence

I must apologise, i thought you were hinting this could be extra terrestrial and found it a bit odd that an intersellar space craft would be clanky like an old car.
I can however completely believe that this could be man made and i find it all quite exciting. Do you here and see strange activity often?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I think this is the sound you heard. They were trying to get the cloaking systems to work.

thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...
thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...
edit on 20-10-2010 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Yes a little more than I would like to state.... Lots of cover up crafts and misc. activities such as drones. I think all ties in, Weather ET or Man-Made or Man-made with E.T Tech something is really happening. And Im sensing something big.... Theres a race between CERN and the Tevatron and it's attracting some attention....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I seen that, crazy stuff!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
John Titor - the *possibly* debunked time traveler mentioned CERN

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This guy is quite interesting......since he died in 1932 I find the refences to UFOs interesting, also :giant wheels of light in the oceans"

So to anyone who thinks this phenomena is just a post ww2 thing , here we have someone writing about it in the eary 1900s.

Charles Hoy Fort (August 6, 1874 – May 3, 1932) was an American writer and researcher into anomalous phenomena

(quote)

Fortean phenomena
Despite his objections to Fort's writing style, Wilson allows that "the facts are certainly astonishing enough" (Wilson, 200). Examples of the odd phenomena in Fort's books include many of what are variously referred to as occult, supernatural, and paranormal. Reported events include teleportation (a term Fort is generally credited with coining);[6][7] poltergeist events; falls of frogs, fishes, inorganic materials of an amazing range; unaccountable noises and explosions; spontaneous fires; levitation; ball lightning (a term explicitly used by Fort); unidentified flying objects; unexplained disappearances; giant wheels of light in the oceans; and animals found outside their normal ranges (see phantom cat). He offered many reports of Out-of-place artifacts (OOPArts), strange items found in unlikely locations. He also is perhaps the first person to explain strange human appearances and disappearances by the hypothesis of alien abduction and was an early proponent of the extraterrestrial hypothesis, specifically suggesting that strange lights or object sighted in the skies might be alien spacecraft. Fort also wrote about the interconnectedness of nature and synchronicity. His books seem to center around the idea that everything is connected and that strange coincidences happen for a reason.

Many of these phenomena are now collectively and conveniently referred to as Fortean phenomena (or Forteana), whilst others have developed into their own schools of thought: for example, reports of UFOs in ufology and unconfirmed animals (cryptids) in cryptozoology. These new disciplines per se are generally not recognized by most scientists or academics however.

(quote/)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-10-2010 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This sounds like a report i heard on the radio of a extremely loud griding sound gear grinding and also sounding like power steering similarity squeel. But too far away from where i live to have heard and they claim it to have been from the air too. I have seen a few things i cannot explain complety and had some expiriences too and i find it unusual but dont discount you on the info of what it may be but the person who phoned the radio station was the only one in the area that heard it and the hosts asked if anyone else heard it to call in but none did. Thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join