It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft - Priest guide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey, just thought i'd add a bit of an ongoing guide to playing the priest class in this game.

First a few things to note:

Priests are one of the purer healing classes in the game. This means as damage dealers they are generally secondary when compared to pure DPS classes like rogues or mages. Don't let this put you off playing as the shadow spec though, as it is still possible to do huge amounts of damage. On the other hand, most of the time the priest can heal extremely well and have a lot of useful tools.

Cloth armour means you will be quite vulnerable to melee attacks, although priests have a wide array of spells to counter this, such as crowd control, shields, healing, and the ability to dispel magic, remove diseases and other such useful devices.

Mana resource: Obviously as a magic user, your mana levels are crucial, but as you learn to play this class, you will soon develop the spell rotations and techniques to use your mana effectively. With a priest, timing and fast reflexes are essential, as i prefer to play this game without any add-ons, or user interface modifications.

--

TYPES OF PRIEST:

Holy - The purest healer in the game.Very valuable on any battlefield or raid group. Such is the diversity of healing types (instant, over time, or reactive), a holy priest will always be in demand. Very useful for both tank healing and party / raid healing. With a variety of different methods of keeping a controlled situation, by dispelling harmful spells, or removing potentially damaging diseases aswell as the ability to heal even beyond death (for 15 seconds). This is extremely useful if you die, yet some of the raid are still fighting on. You can essentially prevent a raid from wiping, or can control the flow the flow of a battlefield for a few crucial seconds. Take note though, they are physically the weakest of the three types of priest.

If you love healing then I suggest choose a Holy priest.

Discipline - My personal favourite. A hybrid of damage and healing gameplay, slightly more adaptable than the Holy priest in PVP as their shield abilities tend to remain more impervious to damage, and can provide better defence to your raid or battle fellows. Delivering noticeably less damage than the shadow priest, a discipline priest is still indeed capable of tackling most monsters or players, although the bias is more on being a healing/utility class over a damage dealer. The Discipline priest is perhaps the most survivable of classes, but slightly trickier to play than either Holy or Shadow.

Shadow - The damage class. Using a shadowform to increase damage (and in some ways defence), the shadow priest is slightly less survivable than the Discipline priest, but has a few other tricks up their sleeve. Such as the ability to escape from snares and traps and reduce damage, aswell as the ability to increase damage done with certain other allied classes (warlocks for example). If you're prepared to be the least strongest healer of the three, but willing to cause some serious damage, then choose shadow.

The choice is all dependant on your play style and how you wish to pursue the game.

Personally, I choose the Shadow talent as my raiding spec and a Discipline priest in PVP (both arena and battleground).

More soon.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

This game is huge, don't play it, there is a chance of addiction.

I have seen people play this for 24 hours straight.

I played for five minutes and gave up

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Dear god, please no.
No warcrack on ATS... PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
reply to post by oozyism

Dear god, please no.
No warcrack on ATS... PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

OK that made me laugh

The game is pretty good when considering all the classes and all the routes you can take.

It has a higher population than New Zealand.

Play it if you want to learn what this life is, it is simply a game. To play a game within a game?? Doesn't make sense, unless you are sick of playing this game therefore want to build another game within the game to play.

If you are sick and bored of this game, hang yourself
That is how you get out, or go deeper, creating games within games, within games to satisfy our desires.

All in All, I love all games..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I played Everquest 1 and 2 for about 12 years total. When WOW came out i tried playing it. I lasted about a month and was bored out of my mind. The game seemed like it was designed for children. I'm married with kids now and no longer have time for games. Although i do play battlefield 2 for fun every now and then.

I forgot to add. I only play priest classes. Have a better chance of grouping and getting better gear because of it. People always need healers and you get the hook ups.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Darkice19 because: Added stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Having played both I feel it is safe to make this comparison....

Everquest is to world of warcraft

as

Chess is to "Go Fish"

~meathead

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
WoW success is its n00b friendliness.

No penalty for anything.

it's a game girls can play and claim "I AM A GAMER"

it helped kill the hardcore rpg genre.

and its a blatant rip off of Warhammer lore
edit on 3-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join