It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to Lucid Dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ive only had lucid dreams from time to time, but it would be nice to have them more often. It would sort of be like your own VR.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by slank]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
You can always use hypnosis to help get it into your mind too...

*Warning* The following website contains adult content (adult advertising banners containing nudity)...so if ya not old enough or will get inta trouble if ya get caught going there...dont go there... YOu have been warned. *warning*

visit www.warpmymind.com... and download the CurseLucidDreams2 file. Also if you havn't done hypnosis before i suggest listening to Train Susceptibility and Deepening and even Deepening2.

Some crazy files on that site, a "deny orgasm" mp3, heheh. Now I can finally become a pr0nstar.

However this one is my favorite
AND I QUOTE

When you are triggered with "youre a naughty pantswetter" you will immediately wet yourself and feel like a naughty boy for an hour. You won't be able to remove your pants for 20 minutes and you will act like a naughty boy for an hour, 2 hours if you are punished by being forced into a diaper. You will be immediately triggered after listening to the file.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I�ve never had too much luck with lucid dreams, I can never seem to get fully lucid to the point where you can control the dream. It sucks to know that you are dreaming and just have to sit (lie?) there and watch them go by.

The only �artificial� means that I have used with any success was Brainwave Generator, which also works for OBEs and a multitude of other elevated states of consciousness. They also have downloadable presets (think you have to register though) that do all kinds of crazy things. Make sure you wear headphones, though.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think lucid dreaming is something u have to work at , and be patient with.
Keeping a dream journal is a very good idea, another good idea is practicing visualization when u are awake, relax in a quiet place , close your eyes, and regulate your breathing just concentrating on breathing in 10 seconds, breathing out 10 seconds, once your relaxed picture an object, try to use a simple object like a shape, then try to controle the movement of the shape, once your comfterable with that then id try the alarm clock trick. Wake yourself up 3 hours - 3 1/2 hours after you go to bed. While going back to sleep keep in your mind what you want to dream of, think of it ahead of time though, not just when your alarm clock wakes u up. with practice it will come

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've been interested in these for quite a while, ever seen 'Vanilla Sky'? Everytime i realise im having a dream I wake up straight away. Im starting a dream journal in holys, so hopefully all goes well. Another relaxation method is placing all your thoughts into a box before going to sleep, just visualise...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

Originally posted by michielkroon

A lot of times (also in real life) when people try controlling something too much out of fear, it comes right back at them. Like when countries opress people, people will turn against the government. Also like when parents are trying to control a child too much.

I guess I could give an approximate timeline of events just to put what I am saying a little perspective.

Age 4: began willfully waking from nightmares.
Age 6: no longer had to wake up to escape a nightmare, I simply "turned the channel"
Age 11: began practicing control over non-nightmares.
Age 14: Had complete control over dream stuff. I did it nightly. I was lucid in any dream that didnt begin with me waking up in bed.
Age 21: First experience of one of these things taking control of my dreams, leaving me completely aware I was dreaming but powerless to exert control over any dreamstuff. This was the beginning of a year of pure hell for me, as control would be taken from me nightly.

I cannot rationalize the subconscious waiting patiently for 7 years and then spend a year driving me to the very brink of insanity.

Well, i guess you're right when you say you can't rationalize it as something from the subconscious. I think people are trying to rationalize too many things they don't understand, and i guess i'm making the same mistake here.

Basically, the things you describe are hard to rationalize and it actually doesn't matter whether it's from the subconscious or some entity. Because the whatever it is, the result is the same: it's (or was) there.

Actually, what i was trying to emphasize is that a lot of times when one tries to take control of something out of fear, it gets worse.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Jane Roberts (who 'channeled Seth in the '60s) wrote a book called: Dreams and Projections of Consciousness.

I read this book in 1990 (after having bought it earlier and not cracking it for 18 months!) It became one of my favorite books of all times. In it the whole 'lucid dreaming' thing is addressed and how to go about it.

Here's the Amazon.com link:

www.amazon.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join