It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I see is a bunch of intolerant bigots on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Over the past (so on) months I have been wandering throughout the new updates on ATS. Much to my displeasure I have realized that ATS has been flooring towards a more mainstream audience compared to the OG website format in 2000. Much of this has probably to more of a appeal towards money. More proof would be the conspiracy chicks. (again this is my opinion of the website). although, I have seen much good things in ATS. A religion theo forum. Which is great. Something I mentioned awhile back (probably not the first). Although, this religion board still is not up on the "forums" site. but it is up on Homepage.

My displeasure is the lack of tolerance I feel towards people on here. Majority of ATS individuals are hard headed stubborn and dare I say "loons" Well at least most of the community on ATS are hard headed at least.

I do not understand why we still promote racist remarks to people. Amongst those are the Jewish community which have really disturbed me throughout. People have typed things that may have made Hitler blush. I have been with these people and I must say that I see what "anti-israel" members see within the Jewish community, but! I have met a lot of great people. Although, we still do not tackle the real problems. We can send a man to the moon (or a really expensive stage set, however you see it) but we cannot fix the ghettos or america school system.

Racism is still a problem. Yes, I have my own prejudice towards the Greeks. I do not know why, that is just me. I am not perfect at all. I'll tell you my faults. But it is almost impossible for us to split hairs, zionist, jews, americans, muslims. We are all human. Although, this is a imperfect world and freedom of speech is a great thing to have. Our first amendment is probably the truest form of expression within this website. Although, I still cannot post about "other" conspiracy theory sites, which is a hypocritical approach imo, I at least feel that we should have some sort of tolerance for those people whom we think are savage and barbaric in nature.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All I see on ats is a bunch of people with thin skin.
If thats what you really think then use brainpower and counter their arguments.
Otherwise...you are just another complainer with thin skin.
Sorry but I had to say it as i am sick of these type of threads.
Whatever your soft spot is...discuss the post and not the posters.

I have no prejudice towards anybody whether they be greek or french or alien for that matter.
Quit complaining and thinking it is a relevant discussion.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
All I see on ats is a bunch of people with thin skin.
If thats what you really think then use brainpower and counter their arguments.
Otherwise...you are just another complainer with thin skin.
Sorry but I had to say it as i am sick of these type of threads.
Whatever your soft spot is...discuss the post and not the posters.

I have no prejudice towards anybody whether they be greek or french or alien for that matter.
Quit complaining and thinking it is a relevant discussion.

So hate is valid to you? Logic can run over compassion

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Meh.
Why even bother???

edit on 19-10-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I could careless about flags and stars.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a venerable tradition on every BBS and usenet group going back into the dim dusky neolithic days of the early 90s and probably before to claim that the "board has gone to s**t" compared to the "old days," whether the old days in queston were a year, a month, or two decades ago. Sometimes its true, sometimes not. Your mileage may vary. Personally I'm finding the recent changes to the board a bit discombobulating at times but I'm trying to swing with it. As to the quality and content, I can point you at dozens of other boards so savage and feral that even the most bitter ATS arguments seem genteel by comparison.

edit on 10/19/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Welcome to the reason behind mankind's biggest flaw, the reason wars are fought, the reason behind humanities inability to progress. "Nothing can change without change." Everyone wants everyone else to conform to their beliefs, to their culture, to their needs, which is why everyone is wrong.

My advise learn to be a duck. Fluff your feathers, let the water roll off your back, and learn to live in the badelynge.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Could careless about stars or flags???
OK then.

What are you trying to incite...we are anti religion??
Anti Isreal??
Anti Palestintian??
Anti people????
Anti openmindedness??
We are a bunch of bigots??

Please check yerself at the door before making threads to tug at the heartstrings...we are a little more thick skinned then this and can debate anything in an intelligent fashion.

You already put words in my mouth asking if hate was ok yet you didn't read my post which clearly said...I have no prejudices towards anyone.

Why did you make this thread again???

edit on 19-10-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join