It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran joins talks and Petraeus briefing on Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Hmmm, defeated the US military.....uh no. Defeated congress, yes.....defeated liberal suck ups crying about innocent deaths, yup, defeated the US msm which really has hampered efforts, yup.......defeated the US military......no way in hell. Take the restrictions placed upon them by a restrictive ROE foisted upon them by the left, and encouraged by the media and it would end quick. In other words, if they ever faced the US military in all its might, not a chance in hell, they'd be selling each other out so fast it would make your head spin. THis has been nothing but a money making effort for the CIA and helped along by the media................

We all know the US military has the capability of destroying the earth, but would that count as a victory

We know the US military can bomb the hell out of any village which allows the resistance in, would that really lead to victory.

Stop talking about the shortcomings of your congress, media etc, post how you could win this war.

What would you have done differently? Last I checked your congress even allowed torture, even torture of American citizens in Afghanistan.

So you tell us, what restrictions are you talking about>? Are you talking about the genocide restriction?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Actually torture of a few done in secret until the media leaks it to the public for another outcry against the military is insignifigant. I'm not talking about one city, you do the deed until it's done. Call it genicide if you want, I'd call it victory, as well as a wake up call to the rest of the idiots in the ME. Enough is enough, either take them out, to the point of extinction if need be, or bring our troops home. Really, the media needs to keep its traitorous behavior in check, Congress needs to step up, Obama needs to put on his big boy pants and do the job he was elected to do instead of being professional full time campaigner. Either let the military handle it's business or bring them home and put them on the border................I'd be happy with them dealing with Mexico without gloves on too.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Xenophobic much?

Kill all the arabs you say - what a fine example of what humanity has to offer.

People like you make me sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
So you tell us, what restrictions are you talking about>? Are you talking about the genocide restriction?

"Genocide restriction"??

www.nytimes.com...

Good article, really not part of this discussion, but wanted to point out the first two paragraphs:

"But the three female Marines and their patrol were shot at late on a recent day, when a burst of Kalashnikov rifle fire came from a nearby compound. The group hit the ground, crawled into a ditch and aimed its guns across the fields of cotton and corn.

In their sights they could see the source of the blast: an Afghan man who had shot aimlessly from behind a mud wall, shielded by a half-dozen children. The women held their fire with the rest of the patrol so as not to hit a child, waited for the all-clear, then headed back to the base, survivors of yet another encounter with the enemy. "

"Shielded by a half-dozen children". Pretty pathetic.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Actually torture of a few done in secret until the media leaks it to the public for another outcry against the military is insignifigant. I'm not talking about one city, you do the deed until it's done. Call it genicide if you want, I'd call it victory, as well as a wake up call to the rest of the idiots in the ME. Enough is enough, either take them out, to the point of extinction if need be, or bring our troops home. Really, the media needs to keep its traitorous behavior in check, Congress needs to step up, Obama needs to put on his big boy pants and do the job he was elected to do instead of being professional full time campaigner. Either let the military handle it's business or bring them home and put them on the border................I'd be happy with them dealing with Mexico without gloves on too.

So you think genocide will equate to victory, are you sure about that?

Wasn't that tried by the Germans and they failed miserably, the whole world turned against them and they got raped from all sides.

How is genocide winable strategically?

What does victory mean anyways?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

"Shielded by a half-dozen children". Pretty pathetic.

If Chinese troops tried to enter your town and you use your gun to shoot at Chinese troops while your family is around, I bet you would say he was protecting his town and family.

But if it is you who is entering their village, and invading their country, then they are using their family as human shields

What I'm trying to say is that they kinda live there, you know, live there.

And last I checked, there was no restrictions that long ago, it is not like American jets haven't bombed houses and villages filled with innocent women and children:

(Reuters) - A NATO airstrike in Afghanistan mistakenly killed 27 civilians, the government said on Monday, hurting a campaign to win over the local population and defeat Taliban insurgents.

www.reuters.com...

Last but not least, these restrictions were only brought recently, when the NATO generals realized that collateral damage/murder of innocent, is not helping with victory.

These restrictions were put forward because without them they were loosing, and with these restrictions they are still loosing, it is kinda too late. Meaning it was put forward strategically to win the war, to win the hearts and minds of the Afghan people, hence stop the insurgency and the resistance from expanding and becoming more and more powerful. So no matter what, it is a loose, loose scenario.

Whether these restrictions are in place or not, it is still loose, loose.

edit on 19-10-2010 by oozyism because: added more to make sense

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

And people who excuse the issues in the me bring about disgust in me........labels don't bother me, but yes If that's what it takes so be it. As far as xenophobia, nope, but 1 US soldiers life is more important to me than all of the people in the ME put together, call it what you want, but far too many US troops have died for nothing, and I mean nothing. Ah well, hate away, have disgust, whatever, my opinion is no less valuable than anyone elses, it is time to end the madness. As far as the genocide issue, might it not also help unite the ME, something that hasn't happened before as there are too many nut cases with huge egos in power, all using the same form of government to manipulate and controll their people, you probably call it islam. As it stands now, the msm wants a defeat for the US, Obama sure as hell wants one, as does most of the idiots in congress, and giving Iran a foothold in obtaining that, is just pure lunacy.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

chinese troops have nothing to do with the thread topic stay on topic or start a new thread............

**MODERATORS i have seemed to notice something of late if has come to my attention that it has been well known that people have multiple accounts on here and really do talk to themselves or gang up on other posters that said its also likely that they star themselves in the process......i thought we were all here for debate and those actions are clearly not in good conduct or breach ats terms and conditions**

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

dude they were there on the ground and seen things with their own two eyes and the cia wasnt around nice try

So wait...you are going to ask me to talk to soldiers. Then when i report what i have found, you pretend that it was never said?

eyes wide shut, huh? LOL

dude those were your words not mine thats the way it sounded............and you want to fight me over your own words man thats just sad................

Those were not my words. To reiterate how you started out: "So, basically you hate the troops". They were not my words.

With your loose grasp on the reality, combined with the dozen poorly formed ellipses between phrases, I am starting to question your sanity. No insult.

im getting tired of people blaming the us government for everything wrong in this world............IT IS a simple fact that there are people out there who want to kill americans and destroy this country...........you people need to wake up and recognize the face of true evil and its not your government well not on the scale of those actions.
edit on 19-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I don't have to blame the US government. They blame themselves. What else do you need other than proof that they want to kill US Citizens to trick us into supporting a war?

Wake up? Did you even read the link about Operation Northwoods?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

And people who excuse the issues in the me bring about disgust in me........labels don't bother me, but yes If that's what it takes so be it. As far as xenophobia, nope, but 1 US soldiers life is more important to me than all of the people in the ME put together, call it what you want, but far too many US troops have died for nothing, and I mean nothing. Ah well, hate away, have disgust, whatever, my opinion is no less valuable than anyone elses, it is time to end the madness. As far as the genocide issue, might it not also help unite the ME, something that hasn't happened before as there are too many nut cases with huge egos in power, all using the same form of government to manipulate and controll their people, you probably call it islam. As it stands now, the msm wants a defeat for the US, Obama sure as hell wants one, as does most of the idiots in congress, and giving Iran a foothold in obtaining that, is just pure lunacy.

1 innocent child's life anywhere in the ME is worth more than all the adult soldiers the US sends to conquer them, your life is worthless, like all genocidal maniacs.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

eyes wide shut you said you talked to soldiers they said the same thing and you dismissed it cause they watch msm well they were in country they werent watching alot of tv

no man in any of my posts did i say you hated the troops..........thats your own take and man you twisted my post to suit your own needs

and really my take on reality i think you need to question your own grasp of it........meh

you said your piece as i have i dont think theres any further need of talking

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

au contraire mon frere................last time i looked us military serviceman wasnt using women and children as human sheilds.............unlike the jihadists..............

funny how you left that out of your post................those fighters shoot through women and children just to kill americans and blow them up............

and man..............life is supposedly sacred and yet theres your comment someone elses life means little or nothing to you....................quite hypocritical

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

keep hiding behind the internet and baiting people like you do man you do not have the courage to say half the stuff you do on here in real life...................

dude those were your words not mine thats the way it sounded............and you want to fight me over your own words man thats just sad................

I think your 'mood' says it all, but that's just my opinion.

Iran , as a neighbour of Afghanistan has a vested interest in the security of the region. More so than the U.S.A. arguably, and certainly more than my country which has troops there and who were sold the lie just like everyone else. Sure, the Taliban did 9/11. Obviously.

Sure, the Taliban profits from Opium. Who else does?

Wow. Just wow!
Proposing genocide. Awesome. I'm sorry you feel that way, just as I'm sorry that you think a yankee dog's (heh) life is worth more than all the people in the Middle East. It is attitudes like that which will succeed in seeing that you don't win, won't win and can't win.

I don't like the American Empire and its covert and not-so-covert colonialism. I understand that there are many positives to the U.S.A., but they get 'outshone' by the negative, self-serving actions.
I like many of the North Americans I have met, though the majority of them have been Canadians
, and even some of the 'United Statesians' have been exceptionally normal, pleasant and down-to-earth.
However, everyone is culpable in the acceptance, whether tacit or not, of the foreign policy and it takes many people to step up and say they don't like it for the possibility of change to occur. not the 'hope and change' of election promises, but true, dogmatic change away from the 'us' and 'them' attitudes to the 'all of us' attitude whereby, even if others are arses, we choose to make positive change rather than foment intolerance and suspicion.

I live in hope and try to lead by my actions and words. I don't always get it right but that doesn't deter me. we all have good and bad days. I'm willing to give these two (quoted above) the benefit of the doubt that they were just having bad days and needed to vent their frustrations at some 'boogieman', who just happens to be Iran at this point in time.
edit on 19-10-2010 by aorAki because: speelingk

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

well keep your opinion about me to yourself post any opinion about the topic as you see fit......

opinion if me has nothing to do with the topic at hand just saying.......

9-11 was a lie? 9-11 WAS A LIE?

do me a favor you can post your opinions but when you say that stuff you have no ear from me.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

9-11 was a lie? 9-11 WAS A LIE?

do me a favor you can post your opinions but when you say that stuff you have no ear from me.

Well, 9/11 did happen, as we all saw it and know too well the aftermath. However, one must question parts, if not all of the official story, particularly in light of the PNAC and their recommendations, as well as the ignored warnings from foreign spy agencies.
Who profited?
It wasn't only Americans that were killed on that day.
How was the military able to mobilise so quickly following, with complete war plans and an identifiable enemy?
What has that region got that is wanted the world over?
Is there any geostrategic reason for wanting to invade and build military bases in foreign countries?
What is the Great Game?
How many countries has Iran invaded over the last century? ("But wait, they supply the 'terrorists'"). Who else supplies terrorists?
How many Iranians have you spoken to, in person? While they don't all like Ahmadinejad they are proud to be Iranians, with a long, colourful, culturally significant history and history has shown them not to trust the United States. We have Iranian students here. I talk to them because I'm interested in expanding my horizons beyond my own middle class white bread culture.

I think it is a positive that Iran is involved in these talks. Much better to at least have some dialogue than none at all!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

au contraire mon frere................last time i looked us military serviceman wasnt using women and children as human sheilds.............unlike the jihadists..............

funny how you left that out of your post................those fighters shoot through women and children just to kill americans and blow them up............

and man..............life is supposedly sacred and yet theres your comment someone elses life means little or nothing to you....................quite hypocritical

1. Your statement is irrelevant to the subject in hand as it offers nothing re the value of an innocent child as opposed to the corrupt adult soldier.

2 It's not funny that I left that point out of my post as it has nothing to do with the subject, asymmetric warfare tactics have nothing to do with the value of an innocent child's life, especially as in the situation you paint the child may have nothing to do with the resistance fighters.

3 How is that hypocritical, your logic escapes me, you as a proponent of genocide are worthless, in no way have I ever portrayed myself as a pacifist, I'm quite the opposite in fact, I just choose my sides based upon reason rather than your amply revealed ignorance and blind nationalism, especially as you almost certainly have nothing to gain by the wars unless you work caring for damaged soldiers.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, triple post.
edit on 19-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

link   
...triple
edit on 19-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

We can be done talking as soon as you understand that these are your words, not mine:

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

ask any serviceman who served in iraq or afghanistan whose lying? ask them.

peoples who put their lives on the line for this country means nothing to you thats the way it sounds..........

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

1. using women and children as sheilds and blowing them up isnt irrelevant and agian isnt child being slaughtered by someone trying to kill a us soldier.

2. it has everything to do with the subject you yourself said a childs life was more important than anyone elses and yep there are people out there killing them to save their own lives.....

3. yeah it is hypocritical for them simple fact you neglected to make any mention to those people who are killing children....

the only thing you have done in your posts is denigrate the us soldier and let the jhadist get off scott free......

and when in my post WHERE in my postings did i say anything to the effect of " kill em all and let allah sort em out?

feel free quote it i dare you..................simple fact when facts arent around you make up whatever you will.........sad debating tactic really.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join