It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill May Deny Citizenship to 'Anchor Babies'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Bill May Deny Citizenship to 'Anchor Babies'

www.foxnews.com

PHOENIX -- Lawmakers in at least 14 states are collaborating on proposed legislation to deny U.S. citizenship to children of illegal immigrants, according to lawmakers, including the sponsor of Arizona's 2010 law targeting illegal immigration.

"We're taking a leadership role on things that need to be fixed in America. We can't get Congress to do it," Republican state Sen. Russell Pearce, of Mesa, said Tuesday. "It's a national work group so that we have model legislation that we know will be successful, that meets the constitutional criteria."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What was the intention of lawmakers when they passed the 14th amendment way back on July 9, 1868?

My understanding was that it was passed to ensure that the children of slaves, recently freed, could not be re enslaved.

It had nothing to do with crossing the border illegally and then having a child, receiving welfare benefits and eventually citizenship.

I'm curious what will become of this effort.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The American Government needs more bodies so as to certify in additional TBond value citizenships... this bill will go to committee, end of story...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Perhaps they could use legal immigration to get people to move here.

Why the backdoor approach?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don’t agree with this effort but, legislation? You can’t do what these people are trying to do through a bill in Congress, you would need an amendment to the Constitution. The Constitution is concise and explicit on this issue and the Supreme Court has ruled several times on this.

I’d like to know more details of this so called legislation but from where I stand this looks like a misguided effort at best.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

What does that matter on what they meant for it last time...they did not intend for you guys to be buying guns by the dozen...only to have "A" gun to protect yourself...yet you still do...so if that law changes so should others that are not relevant to today..:
:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"We're taking a leadership role on things that need to be fixed in America. We can't get Congress to do it," Republican state Sen. Russell Pearce, of Mesa, said Tuesday

Laughable, the 'things' occupying DC are what need to be fixed.. giving the govt additional abuse-able powers to divide us from our fellow man 'in the struggle' is always a bad idea.. it's "us" little people against "them" the political elite. The govt is NEVER on your side... those millionaires see us as cattle that needs managing in order to eek out maximum profits.

The GOP/DNC lifestyle comes with transparently allowing the Mexican border to leak like a sieve.. not even a nuclear tampon could stop that flow of exploitable labor slaves & drugs.

Imagine how different the govt would react if the people entering illegally & victimizing US citizens had links to "terrorists".. only then would DC feign concern, talk tough, publicize a few raids/arrests as "progress".. before too long though, they'd ignore the border again so the gaping maw could re-open and revert back to the 2-party status quo.

I live surrounded by anchor babies, so called, many grow up to be like any other American kid.. but without proper papers these American kids are deemed 'undesirable' by the elite?.. so we the people will authorize the gestapo will sweep them up and deport them?..lol to a country they have zero tangible knowledge of?.. brilliant idea (if you're a nazi).

Who wants to bet somewhere buried in legislation on some DC fascists desk is a clause where upon qualified 'anchor babies' could be offered military service as a path to citizenship?.. the war pigs need pawns dontcha know.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's just one more step towards the Conservative goal of stripping away the rights of every American. Sure, conservatives think it's a great thing to rip away the 14th Amendment because it is being marketed against "those darn illegals".

But the Right is great at marketing aren't they? They tried to strip Americans of their 4th Amendment rights in Arizona with that BS Immigration Law, and conservatives clapped and cheered! Now they want to strip Americans of their birthright citizenship. And because they are marketing it against "those darn illegals" Conservatives are jumping at the opportunity to hand over another one of their constitutionally protected rights.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin.
edit on 10/19/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don't see how this would affect people who are legally in this country and have a child.

It would only affect people who are in this country illegally, have and then have a child.

What other country offers citizenship to the children of people who are in the country illegally?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yea, just keep telling yourself that, and when your children, or your children's children have to pass an immigration test in order to be "Valid US Citizens" you will wonder why you were so eager to throw away such an essential right.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What are you talking about?

Where does the article discuss an immigration test for children born to citizens?

You seem a little too paranoid to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

At first i asked myself, "Why is Billy Mays having any say so in this?"

Then I asked myself, "Wait, isn't Billy Mays dead?"

Regardless, this is an interesting development. I am unsure how i feel about he anchor baby situation. I think we should first enforce the laws we have rather than making new ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

What was the intention of lawmakers when they passed the 14th amendment way back on July 9, 1868?

My understanding was that it was passed to ensure that the children of slaves, recently freed, could not be re enslaved.

It had nothing to do with crossing the border illegally and then having a child, receiving welfare benefits and eventually citizenship.

I'm curious what will become of this effort.

www.foxnews.com

Section 1 of the 14th Amendment was to ensure that 1.) all former slaves were now considered American citizens, and thus were afforded the same rights as all other citizens as covered under the previous 13 Amendments and, 2) that their children (children of new American citizens) were afforded the same rights. The argument that "anchor babies" are now Americans by right of the 14th Amendment is false, because their parents aren't American citizens.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I don't see how this would affect people who are legally in this country and have a child.

Right, just like the Arizona law wouldn't strip United States citizens of their Constitutionally protected 4th Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures. But that's exactly what the Arizona law would have done, stripped away every Arizona citizen's 4th Amendment right against unreasonable searches and seizures. But hey, every right winger was just foaming at the mouth to give away their 4th Amendment protections just to get those "illegals"

It would only affect people who are in this country illegally, have and then have a child.

Right, and that's exactly what they said about the Arizona law too, just would affect illegals. They did a nice snow job on the conservatives of this country with that BS law. Just give away your children's birthright in order to get those darn illegals.

What other country offers citizenship to the children of people who are in the country illegally?

Isn't that the point of America? To be BETTER than every other country on Earth? To be more free than any other country on Earth? Isn't that why there is a plaque on the Statue of Liberty? Because we are better? Because we are more free.

But Conservatives don't think that everyone should have that freedom, they think that if you have an accent you somehow aren't good enough, or are even deserving of that freedom. Now, thanks to good marketing by groups like The Heritage Foundation, or American Immigration Control Foundation, or California Coalition for Immigration Reform, or Federation for American Immigration Reform, or National Organization for European American Rights, or NumbersUSA, or ProjectUSA, or The Social Contract Press, or The Stein Report, or V-DARE, or Voices of Citizens Together/American Patrol. Special interest groups who's primary goal is an America for whites only.

People like John Tanton, people who want a white only America. While you personally may not be racist, the people that are putting forth these laws sure are, they are special interest groups that are flimsy covers for white supremacist groups.

Beyond a white nationalist agenda, what's worse? The fact that Conservatives are so willing to throw away their own rights to get rid of "those darn illegals" dismantling civil liberties like the 4th Amendment and the 14th Amendment, thanks to special interest groups like the ones listed above. The question is, aren't your rights and the rights of your children worth more than a vendetta against "those darn illegals"?
edit on 10/19/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by kerazeesicko

Wrong. Do your research. The founding fathers added the 2nd ammenment for the sole reason of protecting ourselves, our family, and our property from any threat, ranging from individuals to an overbearing tyrannical government.

You would know this if you would study the intent and reasoning behind each amendment.

As for the poster who is saying that they will not stop at anchor babies, this is easily solved. At least one parent must be a citizen, by birth or naturalization. Easy-peazy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
The argument that "anchor babies" are now Americans by right of the 14th Amendment is false, because their parents aren't American citizens.

Where did you get this idea? You mentioned the 14th Amendment but apparently you forgot to read it.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
The language is clear — it says all persons not “persons whose parents are US citizens” as you imply.

And yes it applies to children born to illegal aliens as well. This has been Supreme Court case law.

In Plyler v. Doe (1982) the majority ruled that “no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment ‘jurisdiction’ can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful.”

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

The nations of so-called North America are criminal occupiers that have no right to either restrict immigration to this continent or allow it. As the Chief of all three million remaining indigenous Terrapin tribesmen I demand that you evacuate immediatly. Carbon Dating and even more accurate Electron Ressonance Imaging prove that we were here at least sixty thousand years before you. This continent was never up for grabs from immihrants.
Beginning about ten thousand years ago, the kayak-paddling Inuit Dragon tribesmen launched a series of invasions of our Pacific Northwest raping and murdering their way down to what criminal occupiers now call Washington State, then, beginning about. five thousand year ago, the Polynesian Alligator tribesman launched a series of invasions of what outsiders now call Central America raping and murdering their way through so-called Mexico, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and up the so-called Mississippi and across Wisconsin and Minnesota before being driven into the so-called Dakotas, then a thousand years ago we we had to fight off the yellow and red-haired, white slave-trading Norsemen who invaded our Atlantic Northwest, then for five hundred years we were happy to trade with the Portugese because they always paid their bills and went back home, and then the Catholic Medicis sent Jew Crusaders, who upon returning from raping and murdering Arabs, had raped and murdered Europeans, here as Conquistadors to rape, enslave and murder us, and then the French slaughtered their way through our interior before selling our land to the English who declared independence from themselves and paid their Black African Buffalo Soldiers five cents for each of our scalps. Enough already. Diasporate somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

Just a side note... According to your math the Catholics showed up in 1992.

I think that they were here a smidge earlier.

~Heff
edit on 10/20/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Most advanced first world nations do. Its humane and right. And amnesty to illegals might be a good idea too.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

suppose for the argument you allow that to happen. maybe that makes you ILLEGAL because your parents / grandparents were illegal,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join