It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey objects to Nato missile shield targeting Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Turkey objects to Nato missile shield targeting Iran

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/8071659/Turkey-objects-to-Nato-missile-shield-targeting-Iran.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]

The development raised further concerns that Turkish foreign policy was tilting outside the sphere of the Western alliance towards alignment with its eastern neighbour.

A Turkish official said Ahmed Davutoglu, Turkey's foreign minister, had opened "negotiations" on the targeting of the missiles at a preliminary meeting in Brussels last week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aolnews.com...
www.turkishpress.com...
edit on 19-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To fix link.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As the days go by the friendship between Iran and Turkey grows stronger. My favourite part;

"Within this frame, we do not lean towards the idea of defining countries like Iran, Syria and Russia as threats," a foreign ministry official said. "The minister has conveyed our opinion on the subject."

Who the hell is left to target?
I thought the whole point was to direct it at Syria and primarily Iran?

I don't approve of the missile shield myself I think it's a waste of money. Anyway Turkey seems to be looking for the US to aim the shield at a generic target, and refrain from naming any one country. Seems fairly ridiculous I think you'll agree.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 19-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To fix link.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Turkey is THINKING about it. They have not given their official response yet.

They will give it before the next NATO meeting, around mid-November.

Nobody wants this but the warmongering nuts in NATO.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Maybe the US should point it at itself because they are the ones instigating war in lands so far from their own shores. I see them as the threat, not Iran or anyone else.

Better still point it at Israel for as sure as tomorrow follows today, they will be the first to press the button.

Respects

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

In all seriousness I think there should be a missile defence for Europe against Israel. I think it has been mentioned before if Israel goes down, they're gonna take a few folks with them.

Professor Martin Van Crevel; "Our armed forces are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that this will happen before Israel goes under."

Might just be the ramblings of a crazy old man. But you know, just in case... It couldn't hurt.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add a word.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Turkey are doing political manouvreing-they will eventually agree to the missile sheild IMO,because the US special peoplecan make Turkey's application to the EU run very smoothly and be approved fast if they agree to the shield.

(God only knows why Turkey want to join thepower hungry EU at this time,but hey its a mad world.)

Its all part of the global chess game.

I think one day Russia will also join the EU,If they are playing the game I think they are playing.

Cough cough,Global government?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Turkey will say NO. Israel is our enemy.

israel is not a NATO member. Turkey has NOT responsibility to protect israel.

Long live IRAN.Long live Syria. Haha
edit on 20-10-2010 by lalande 21185 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join