It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Do you dum Americans have any idea what GCHQ is?Oh that's right nobody's smarter than your NSA!!!Do you really think all governments use AES 256 which the NSA wrote?Perhaps they have their own SECRET encryption.

Yet nobody has yet been able to hack the file...

Kind of has to say something on how powerful the encryption software is.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think we all know, well most of us, what is in the file.
1.Proof that the US has gone to war for oil and other natural resources.
2.Proof that the US pays people to fight against them.
3.Proof Bin Ladin is dead
4.Proof the US killed many more innocents than reported.
5.Proof that weapons that killed Americans were given to "terrorists" by the CIA.
6.Proof that the world has been decieved by the American propaganda machine.
I don't think the release of the information in the file will have much effect on world events. Only the most gullible of us are unaware of the truth. No Senate hearing will be called for, no criminals will be prosecuted, no uprising will happen. It will be pushed aside by the masses as they are more interested in what celebrities are doing.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Do you dum Americans have any idea what GCHQ is?Oh that's right nobody's smarter than your NSA!!!Do you really think all governments use AES 256 which the NSA wrote?Perhaps they have their own SECRET encryption.

I am most aware of the GCHQ. Anyone who has studied even a minute aspect of Public Key Encryption knows that the GCHQ basically invented the asymmetrical process which all modern Public Key Algorithms are based upon.

And yes, the GCHQ/CESG has as much of a Key Escrow store as the NSA, as well as advanced mathematical means to predict Prime Numbers, thereby greatly reducing the time needed by the GCHQ to decrypt encrypted data. The head of the CESG recently stated that the GCHQ can reliably reduce the time to decrypt AES 256 to 50-100 computing years (down from trillions of trillions of trillions of computing years).

However, if the GCHQ has developed a better form of PKE than AES, they aren't sharing it. The U.K., just as most of the world, has officially adopted AES, replacing DES and Triple-DES as the de facto world standards after private individuals were consistently able to break both forms of encryption in under 22 hours.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I just watched the Zhar of intelligents classification condemn posters for their roles in , "leaking war reports" While they condone Corporate and florin interest.

Like "Terrorist" are illiterate and these focuses are secret that were used in Vietnam and unanswerable in any faucet.

After the focus of "Weapons of Mass destruction" became a focus to toss under the carpet of the new focus, "Insurgents".

After 3 Nations of invasions were necessary and so little answers. A hijacked National fund in a florin Sovereign Nation.

A civilian Force pushed into a florin Nation for corporate interest. To work with civilian contractors of an unknown political orgin to inform the Nation Civilian force where their efforts are needed.

No information about the most costly war effort in history. Classification across the board and now civilian prosecution for leaking intelligents documents.

You are indebted to a free nation after all the war scandals over the century. Don't cover for florin interest that count on you covering their espionage acts.

This war industry has ran its course and has been led to deplete a nations morality. I wish for equality of espionage for every act covered for every civilian target covered up for corporate acts every genocidal effort of florin nations.

They knew what country they invited why don't we start acting like it. Man up and ask for conscious of interest and then drag America through the mud again over these leaks.

Next time you want to be robber barons in a florin country don't hijack a Nationally funded civilian force and expect
a monarchy from a free Nation.

Hire your own f***ing contractors corporate lobiest!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
*cough*COINTELPRO*cough*

they have a twitter account? how much more media circus do you have to be? This is not a respectable rogue agency getting the truth out, they are spinning you a yarn.... ....again.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
3 questions..

1. What program do I use to open the insurance file with to get to the "Enter password"

2. Could the file just be the data that have allready been relased, who say its somehing else ?

3. Whats the password

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
3 questions..

1. What program do I use to open the insurance file with to get to the "Enter password"

2. Could the file just be the data that have allready been relased, who say its somehing else ?

3. Whats the password

Yeah i'm in the same boat i wish the OP would post the password and how to do it in the first post.. anyone try this yet? be interesting to see.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Need to force it open with a 1 Terraflop encryption/decryption software program.
that should do it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

www.aescrypt.com...

That would be about the easiest way on Windows.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Vital clue -

OMG guys - check it out for yourself.
For those of you who have downloaded insurance.aes256 - go to line 5816416 -

"G=Penguins"

What the??!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You really shouldn't call people dumb when you post something so utterly ignorant.

The NSA did not write the encryption which is now known under the heading of AES 256. It was created by two Belgian (or Bulgarian i forget) guys who submitted it to the US as a part of a program to find a more secure encryption standard following on from DES. You also don't seem to even be aware of what AES stands for. It's nothing more than a standard, a certain level of security, that's why you have AES 128 and 192 for example.

Open source software like TrueCrypt uses a cascading encryption with Twofish, Serpent and AES and governments can't crack it (as long as a random, long key is used for the encryption). There have been a couple of recent episodes where the police in the UK have imprisoned people for refusing to give up encryption keys. That alone proves it can't be cracked.

We also have to be aware of what we're talking about, there is a difference between encryption standards like RSA and AES. RSA has keys which can be 1024-4096 bits but people are claiming to have cracked the 1024 bit keys with distributed computing systems, however the 256 AES has not been cracked using similar networks and GCHQ themselves have tried to crack suspects data and failed.

This is why there have been discussions on whether to ban the public from having access to encryption software and why new laws were created in the UK to imprison those who didn't give up their passwords.
edit on 10-11-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

eeee.... rrrr.... aaaahh... what? thats interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Indeed it is. But don't take my word for it - go to the line and you'll see G=Penguins. I was just randomly looking through the encrypted characters and noticed it - thought it was a funny coincidence.

On some computers it'll show "G=PîîÑÚËgæÓm³" instead of penguins.
edit on 12-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous
reply to post by shiman

Indeed it is. But don't take my word for it - go to the line and you'll see G=Penguins. I was just randomly looking through the encrypted characters and noticed it - thought it was a funny coincidence.

On some computers it'll show "G=PîîÑÚËgæÓm³" instead of penguins.
edit on 12-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

wait, so it's only showing up under a certain character set?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Yes, friend - It seems that way - I've been wasting a lot of time looking at this, even though there's not much point looking at the encrypted text.. I've came up with only 2 conclusions :

1. Some text editors output text slightly different.
or
2. My insurance.aes256 file has been corrupted.

The second point is invalid as I've used the checksum on the file to ensure the data is original and wholesome.

I thought I'd highlight anyway, that it appears as though different editors will output different encrypted text with this file - as in vi/vim will have the full character set although viewing it through a BBE on a Mac will output "penguins" in ACSII - It also seems that using epsilon extension language in Ksh outputs differences in the encrypted characters also. Which is just plain strange.

Anyway, I can't get my head around it - maybe someone else here can answer why there are variances - something tells me this file isn't a plain old encrypted file. And until I can figure it out, there's no point in me trying to decrypt it.

Thanks, friends.

edit on 13-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Any possibility the insurance files can be linked to the four investigations by Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland regarding what they assert as illegal spying on their citizens by the United States?

It's been cascading for over a week now, might be other countries following suit.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

Look at the file as a sequence of bits. There are several different character encodings used, but ASCII is normally used when text is part of a binary file. hd (hex dump) and similar programs will let you view the data in hexadecimal and show an ASCII translation on the side.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Bumping this because I thought it was interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
After the lastest WL tweet I'm fairly sure that the next release will be the password and that the file contains the cables.

A recent tweet refers to the insurance file as "history insurance" which alludes to Mannings comments on the cables.

The tweet:
Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When Wikileaks provides the password for the insurance file, what programme does one use to open it?

When I click "open file" on my pc, windows explorer doesn't know which programme to use?

Thanks in advance

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join