It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by ConradsLaces

Thanks for the information.

I think this is not about war. Maybe the intel for the next country to invade, maybe some top secret tecnology, maybe some debunk about a historical fact.

Seems to me tha the file worry more than just USA. Maybe something that concern people in a global scale.

I would like this insure file was the "so called spacegate". The files that NASA "erased"
. The original files of 1969. I woukd like to see the moon in true colors. Thats will be great

Maybe there is NOTHING in it and it's a big hoax????

Well, there's definitely something in it. Could it be useless, whatever it is? Maybe, but it hasn't cost you a dime to download it. It's free, it's sitting on the internet, and when we get the password, we can go check to see what's in there.

What if it's like a Assange sex tape with Hillary CLINTON! that would be hillarious HE's probally got a big uh well you fill it in!!!

My interest is piqued!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I bet bill is crappin his pants... Oh god dont let it be my wife f'en that a hole in that insurance video.

YOU better not touch a hair on assange my wifes purity is at stake!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good night - thread derailed by someone spamming.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Dear wikileaks nerds:
Please get some whistleblowers to give us intel on all the ufo's/et's instead of this stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Has it been released yet?

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

2nd line.

No, unless something else happens it wont be. They moved up the date of the Iraq War docs (which you probably know are now available) as a response to being hacked. I posted a thread which explained what the Reston5 message was responding to.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

2nd line.

No, unless something else happens it wont be. They moved up the date of the Iraq War docs (which you probably know are now available) as a response to being hacked. I posted a thread which explained what the Reston5 message was responding to.

I thought the Iraq docs are the insurance of wikileaks. What else then is in the insurance? Maybe the docs about aliens. That will be wonderful if that is the case.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

2nd line.

I thought the Iraq docs are the insurance of wikileaks. What else then is in the insurance? Maybe the docs about aliens. That will be wonderful if that is the case.

Nope, the Iraq docs aren't/weren't going to be the insurance file. People have known about the Iraq docs coming for months. If there is anything to the insurance file I would guess it has to do with the cables that Brad Manning supposedly sent WL. As much as I know people like to fantasize about what could be in the insurance file, i have to tell you it isn't going to be about E.T. If those files exist they would be considered top secret. This will likely be about foreign policy, cia, and just trouble the U.S. is involved with. Secret stuff, unlikely top secret. You should read sometime about what one has to go through to read some of the secret and top secret info. If it was something that earth shattering I don't think it would be kept in such a way.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Kind of dissapointed in this latest leak, although i know that no one has gone through all of it yet. I'm really beginning to think this is all an intelligence operation, leaking information thats slightly embarrassng but not so bad it will utterly destroy the USA's reputation, all the while it has two benefits to any security agency in the USA. Firstly it can be used to expose whistleblowers, while we have seen a public exposure (Manning) i am sure many of them have been quietly shuttled into the various secret prisons the CIA runs, the prisons we heard about during the redition flight fiasco. At the same time this gives an excuse to lock down the internet, saying how dangerous it is to allow us to have such freedom online.

I've supported wikileaks but in the back of my mind these two issues have always been there. Maybe assange is an innocent, maybe he's an operative but either way i'm really going off wikileaks. Unless something very damning comes out then my confidence in this operation will continue to wane. Maybe this insurance file has something properly interesting, or maybe it's just another way to expose targets of interest.

I know none of the thoughts in this post are new to anyone, but some of the more vehement supporters of wikileaks should seriously consider them.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ive been gone for a while, not gonna read through 7 pages right now. any news on the insurance file password?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No news... No Tweets. Apparently, the release of the War Logs was the major thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Do you dum Americans have any idea what GCHQ is?Oh that's right nobody's smarter than your NSA!!!Do you really think all governments use AES 256 which the NSA wrote?Perhaps they have their own SECRET encryption.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Another method to release the password would be a deadmans type of switch. Julian would have to log into a program or website every day and if he missed a day the computer would release the password to the entire world.

Or maybe something related to Skynet.

Loved the Skynet line...

BTW - I'm not sure if anyone else commented on this yet but I think the size of the file is interesting.

1.3GB or 1.4GB is about the size of a full DVD. The file size will be slightly different after decryption, but if it isn't also compressed, it won't vary that much.

That fact alone doesn't really mean anything (i.e. - it doesn't mean it's video), but it's an interesting coincidence. Typically, I am not a big believer in coincidences especially when they're related to something controversial.

It might have been done on purpose so that the file (or it's contents after decryption) could be of a size to give it the broadest ability to be portable. Also, if you burn the contents to a DVD ROM, it cannot be overwritten (accidently or otherwise), unlike most memory sticks.

Again, this may mean nothing, but I found it interesting....

Haha thanks. I believe the solution to a corrupt government is an AI computer system, that way the powers would have to fight it and not fight us, they'd have bigger problems than taking our money and property.

yes the file size is interesting...its exactly 2 cds...maybe they want it to be easily and cheaply distributable and readable by all people is what i was thinking. And burnable on discs for safe storage by all people.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

again, the file was salted. true size unknown. but it's under 1.4 gb thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Do you dum Americans have any idea what GCHQ is?Oh that's right nobody's smarter than your NSA!!!Do you really think all governments use AES 256 which the NSA wrote?Perhaps they have their own SECRET encryption.

Thats like me saying "you stupid english dont know how wifi networks work."

and i would never do that. So please, without moronic insults, explain your thoughts. What is GCHQ?

Also, AES was not written or developed by the NSA.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would think that this would be a sort of "life insurance" type thing, would it not?
It is probably a matter of "If I disappear/die, this goes out", otherwise I don't see how exactly it would work.

Bet there's secret agents protecting him from other people shooting him, if that's the case

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeATSuser

I don't think that WikiLeaks has anything to to worry about as long as the US Commander in Chief is Jimmy Carter II. The WikiLeaks may only be in danger in 2012 if Obama decides to act like he wants to be reelected and look tough.

If I were in leadership at the Pentagon, I would declare them enemy agents and issue bounties for their capture.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
reply to post by mikeATSuser

I don't think that WikiLeaks has anything to to worry about as long as the US Commander in Chief is Jimmy Carter II. The WikiLeaks may only be in danger in 2012 if Obama decides to act like he wants to be reelected and look tough.

If I were in leadership at the Pentagon, I would declare them enemy agents and issue bounties for their capture.

You make a very astute point... and I wouldn't be surprised if it went something like this..err..that... err... what you said. lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yes your right 1.4GB is the size of two 700MB (80 Min's) CD's, the previous poster was wrong about it being the size of a full DVD as that is, on 12cm, 4.7GB for a single layer or 8.5GB for a dual layer disc or 8cm ones which are 2.6GB // 5.2GB. I know that isn't really relevant to the discussion, but I just thought I would point it out.
edit on 27/10/10 by woogleuk because: Corrections

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Yes your right 1.4GB is the size of two 700MB (80 Min's) CD's, the previous poster was wrong about it being the size of a full DVD as that is, on 12cm, 4.7GB for a single layer or 8.5GB for a dual layer disc or 8cm ones which are 2.6GB // 5.2GB. I know that isn't really relevant to the discussion, but I just thought I would point it out.
edit on 27/10/10 by woogleuk because: Corrections

The insurance.aes256 file is encrypted with something called "SALT" - check previous posts in the thread for details.
Using SALT in encryption makes the file larger - to put it in very basic terms.
The contained files are definitely not 1.4gb in size... They're substantially smaller. It's like packing a pair of shoes inside of a milk crate.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join