It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
i didnt tell seal he cracked it, just for the record.

Here's what you said to me in part of your message:

I know your ignorant and i know you think im bogus, my friend managed to get inside the file, i dont know how, he didnt tell me,

Managed to get inside the file. Something everyone on this site is trying to do. SO, that means he cracked it and got inside? Right?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is, people dont care, they dont think of what consequenses there are involved in opening a very classified US government file..... hello are you really that stupid?

People only hear what they want to hear, if they dont like what they hear its automatically classed as bogus.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Itop1

Just read your PM. I highly suggest you post in this thread what you told me in private message. If you're not bogus (but you probably are) then you're putting some folks in danger by not informing them of what has happened.

You tell us then, Seal.

What in the world makes those files dangerous?

Is there a policy about discussing PM's in threads? If so, mods please delete this post. I know other forums are strict about it but eff it.

Basically Itops friend cracked the file and got taken away 4 hours after he opened it. Blah blah blah. Bogus nonsense. If there is truth to it, then he needs to share what he knows. But chances of his posts being honest: 0%

Pure nonsense.

I thought that would be the case. No proof whatsoever.

Thanks, though, Seal, for replying.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I live in the UK i downloaded this file. I really dont think the police or anyone else are going to come knocking at my door.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well anyway have fun lol, dont complain and cry for mummy and daddy when your getting taken away, ok?

PS: the danger isnt downloading the file, its opening the file.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Mak Manto
You tell us then, Seal.

What in the world makes those files dangerous?

I know you addressed this to someone else but i feel the need to answer.

As i already said, if for some reason the police searched the hard drive of anyone who downloaded this, and the user didn't have the password, then in the UK you could be charged and convicted for refusing that data and be imprisoned for 2 years, or 5 years if it's considered to be associated with terrorism.

There are risks sadly.

However i am damn sure they will try and find everyone who downloads this. In the UK the records suggest that every 1 in 12 people has a record somewere with the intelligence services. Don't you think that this would qualify a person for basic investigation?

If that's true, that they're checking everybody who downloaded the file and who opens it, then we live in a more screwed up world then I thought.

But how would they know if you opened up the file?

link   
reply to post by Itop1

yes but the only reason people are saying your bogus right now is because you wont tell us anything. mabie if you back up your statement and give us a reason to delete it other than 'you will never see your friends and family again' then mabie we wont think your full of it!

link   

Truth of the matter is, people dont care, they dont think of what consequenses there are involved in opening a very classified US government file..... hello are you really that stupid?

People only hear what they want to hear, if they dont like what they hear its automatically classed as bogus.

Because there is no backup or evidence to your claims. You claim your friend got taken away by some kind of authorities for figuring the file out and read the contents.

Great, you have a story and you shared it. Let's move on and try to find new updates on this File.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

WikiLeaks communications infrastructure is currently under attack. Project BO move to coms channel S. Activate Reston5. less than a minute ago via web

Wikileaks Twitter .oO

(sry if already posted)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

i didnt tell seal he cracked it, just for the record.

Well, unless your friend somehow guessed the password on the file, I don't see how he could've opened it up.

The encryption is used by the NSA. As of right now in the world, nobody is able to crack the AES256. It's impossible.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well anyway have fun lol, dont complain and cry for mummy and daddy when your getting taken away, ok?

And like I said, I don't get how that would be a problem...

Is there some kind of internet file tracker that the government is able to use?

What if I looked at that file on a computer that has no internet access? It makes no sense, Itop.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
But what if you download it, then transfer it to a laptop and then go into some woods or something to open the file?
that way no one would know, except they may know you downloaded it the first place.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That's ridiculous.

There's far more ability for authorities to track you for downloading the file, not opening it.

If you were smart you'd disconnect before you did so anyway, once you had the password, no need for the internet. How do you expect them to track you then?

Your whole story is rubbish. Why would wiki-leaks have a file that they've leaked as insurance, which would immediately lead authorities to anybody who downloaded it? The NSA encryption pretty much guarantees that the file is clean other than it's obviously important content.

If you don't have any facts to back up your story, then please cease and desist. Some of us here are communications and electronics professionals, and your story doesn't match up.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
OK!!, somebody i know accessed the file (please take note i did not say he cracked the file!), 4 hours later he gets taken away, dont know who by, dont know where, this was about 4 hours after he access the file, i really dont think they give a # if you download it, after all the file is protected so people cant access it.

he told me there were files inside about all sorts of stuff, special operations (black ops), stuff that the public are obviously not aware of, documents that the government would not want the general public to see, do you really think they set up a squad of 120 DIA/FBI agents for a picture of bin laden smoking a joint? i think not.

We live in the UK also, and as far as im aware the DIA or FBI have no jurisdiction over here.

my friend worked at GCHQ, he didnt tell me how he got access.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Look kid,

There's no other way to "access" the file unless you crack the encryption. You "friend" certainly isn't better than the top hackers in the world who have yet to crack a SINGLE file that's locked with the 265 NSA encryption.

Stop your trolling.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Itop1

Look kid,

There's no other way to "access" the file unless you crack the encryption. You "friend" certainly isn't better than the top hackers in the world who have yet to crack a SINGLE file that's locked with the 265 NSA encryption.

Stop your trolling.

~Keeper

i will stop posting, because your all so bloody ignorant, i so wish i had the password because you are the first person i would give it to, mr macho

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Can we stop trolling before a mod closes the thread for derailment and nonsense?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

You will stop posting because your caught.

Mr Macho? haha, I haven't been called that since grade school.

In any case, nobody has the password and nobody has cracked that encryption, if they had those files would be ALL over the internet.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

OK!!, somebody i know accessed the file (please take note i did not say he cracked the file!), 4 hours later he gets taken away, dont know who by, dont know where, this was about 4 hours after he access the file...

So how do you know he was taken away?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm confused here...Couldn't I simply open the file on a non internet connected computer? How could they track that? If the danger isn't downloading it, but opening it and I can open it on a computer not connected to the internet then your logical is nothing but presumption and speculation.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join