It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU proposes new Europe-wide VAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If it's not bad enough your Government robbing us look who wants to join the line.

The European Commission has put forward proposals for direct EU taxes on member states, including a possible EU-wide value-added tax (VAT).
The proposals are part of a package of options for finding new sources of revenue for the European Union budget.
EU Budget Commissioner Janusz Lewandowski first said in August that he wanted member states to consider allowing the EU to levy direct taxes.

Linkwww.bbc.co.uk...
Then i saw this bit.

The UK, Germany and France have all rejected the idea of direct EU taxes.

And does that mean it will not happen
i hope so.
While i am on about the EU.
Sarkozy and Merkel: We need a new EU treaty

The coalition government faces the prospect of a referendum on Europe and the outbreak of political warfare between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats after Nicolas Sarkozy and Angela Merkel demanded a new EU treaty within two years.

Link www.telegraph.co.uk...
This is going to get interesting i can see it
seriously what is going on

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
New taxes and the collapse of Britains coalition government just what Europe needs, more tension.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is going to get interesting the Prime Minister knows he will after give a referendum on any change in the treaty how can he say no unless he does a brown

And we all know what the result would be unless it was fixed that is.

As for the EU taxes thing would that need a referendum

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Do they ever need a referendum to take your freedom?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Agree

Got some more links.
EU proposes Europe-wide sales tax
Link uk.finance.yahoo.com...
Merkel, Sarkozy agree on EU treaty change to handle crises

France and Germany called on European Union member states yesterday (18 October) to draw up proposals by next March for a permanent system to handle crises in the euro zone by suspending voting rights, admitting that it would mean changing the EU treaty.

Link www.euractiv.com...
There is more links but two on each is plenty.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It’s outrageous that reason why the British political elite, won’t grant the British people an EU referendum anything, is because they know we are looking to express regret for very narrowly agreeing (by referendum) to enter the EU (then EEC) in the first place.

We need a taxpayers strike against the EU. Why is VAT going up when we continue to pay billons more into the EU than we receive, and the foreign “aid-corruption” budget is being protected at 3.5 billion?
If the EU was even remotely democratically responsive-accountable, then it would not be mandating fishermen dump about 800,000 tonnes of endangered, freshly caught-killed, fish in the sea every year (and this would not have been a wildlife protection-termination policy for nearly 30- years!)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.cfp-reformwatch.eu...

The British have never feared international negotiation, or trade as the proceeds of our peoples labour has historically landed the country in positions well placed for both. We just fear organisations that have no respect for democracy (especially when the nearest predecessors were Nazi Germany, Napoleonic France, and the Roman Empire.

They say history repeats itself, if so fear the fact that the electorate being ignored by all main parties, means EU election participation has been in almost terminal decline for decades. People don’t want EU democracy, they only want more of own democracy (and no amount of democracy will hide this, as long as it’s democracy!).

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Yes it is outrageous but its not a given for both of these yet for instance the one on EU taxes.

The UK, Germany and France have all rejected the idea of direct EU taxes.

And we know CONDEM government would need to have a referendum how could they not after all that was one of cameron's pledges was it not

But all this talk is worrying we don't need to be in the EU that is my opinion.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I recently read: “The Great European Rip-Off: How the corrupt wasteful EU is taking control of our lives” by Dr David Craig, Matthew Elliott, published fairly recently in March 2009.
That’s still 19 months ago, but the book predicted an EU wide tax is imminent.

I think the way it will be done is first VAT will be raised by “EU satellite states” to 20% (which the U.K is about to do on January 2011). Then this tax will be earmarked for Brussels purposes. I wouldn’t be surprised if eventurally all EU tax’s are harmonised.

But then I believe the EU is a continuation of Nazi Germany, as much as Nazi Germany was a continuation of Napoleonic France (or France was of the Roman Empire). No direct relationship, and huge spans of time between them. Yet somehow the European idea of governing for the people (just not with their consent) continues to raise an ugly face.

Like Germany & France, Britain pays billions more into the EU than we receive back. However the British aren’t used to living like Nazis because we never got occupied by them during the war. Maybe this is why our population so consistently, and overwhelmingly reject the EU?
Just half kidding. Because I want Germany and France to have a referendum over e.g. the Lisbon Treaty as much as Britain, as I know all Europeans are equal in the struggle against Brussels.

The EU is like the State Atheism that ended up killing millions, both under Stalin and the French Revolution. Because both were (somewhat) well meaning philosophies, but they made the mistake of trying to solve issues, without solving peoples lack of support first. Why don’t the Europhiles ask if the people like them? What in ethics (other than their laws) gives the them the right to turn us citizens, into their subjects? That’s why I so vehemently oppose the EU project.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Who stands to gain from the VAT tax?

The globalist elite in the E.U., since you would have to pay more for an item you would get for a lesser price elsewhere, e.g. North America, Australia / New Zealand etc.

new topics

top topics

join