It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanishing Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

www.bellaonline.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

A widely-publicised case from October 1979, described in the ITV television series Strange But True?[1], concerned the Simpsons and the Gisbys, two English married couples driving through France en route to a holiday in Spain. They claimed to have stayed overnight at a curiously old-fashioned hotel and decided to break their return journey at the same hotel but were unable to find it. Photographs taken during their stay, which were in the middle of a roll of film, were missing, even from the negative strips, when the pictures were developed.

The first link provides the most information

I tried to do some research on this and very little turned up, I was quite surprised. This was the best that I could find so I strongly encourage you to try and search for it yourself if you find this interesting.

I just wonder if this is true and can be substantially proven.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I remember this when it aired and I have read about it on various site. It's a very cool story. I will have to look and see if there is anymore information on it. It's been a while since I read about. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I lament the good old days when a T.V programme on the paranormal actually fired my imagination. So thanks for putting this up Misoir, It's reminded me of what I'm missing.

The question that remains unanswered is why the hotelier (who looks like the guy from 'Allo,Allo') accepted the 19 Francs? If the guest really had been transported back in time surely the Francs he'd brought with him would be as worthless as monopoly money?

edit on Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:49:43 -0500 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

That was my assumption too also how could they not remember the name of the Hotel? Unless I missed that part.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That was fun to watch. Even has a bit of a Halloween flavor to it! I never heard of this before either, so thanks for posting. Think I will see if I can find anything more on it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And the hotelier expressed no particular astonishment when they rolled up in their car. It would have seemed like science-fiction to him, surely.

Perhaps a good avenue of research would be 'Alien sightings in France circa 1900' - to see if there were any reports of hoteliers putting up otherworldly guests?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Maybe the hotel didn't have any frontside windows so they couldn't see the vehicle? They obviously didn't have valet.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And to not have glass in the windows? I'd want my 19 Francs back!

It's funny though how all four of them seem convinced that they have had a paranormal experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Do you think that maybe the hotelier was seeing everything as it was in his time?

These stories are always interesting.
Just goes to show that the world is not as we commonly thing it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One of my favourite paranormal stories. A great one. I haven't thought about that for years.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is an awesome story! If its a legit story, imagine the other cases throughout time where this has happened!!?! Imagine walking into your bathroom and all the sudden you're stepping on a cliff and there are dinosaurs all around? Or waking up in the morning and you're a cowboy in a tent and youre getting attacked by Native Americans? This is an awesome story! S&F !!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
wow,,,!!

There are doorways and other dimensions...
if one can slip into them in human form is???

Id hate to slip into the dinasoir age or find myself in the jungle with an Aztec city nearby...

k

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If this sh!t ever happens to me I'm sooooo staying there.... lol I hope its something cool like slipping in the middle of a greek/spartan type war or friggen woodstock while hendrix's playing lol

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
These time slips are fairly common with ingestion of anticholinergic agents. The problem with this those is they can permanently screw you up or even kill you because their extreme effects on the body very easily. I don't think these people experienced ingestion of these, as one of them probably would have mentioned that their body felt very strange at the very least, if they are indeed telling the truth that is.

What I do think, is that they ventured into a region of the Earth with a highly active magnetic field. I think this magnetic field acted as an anticholinergic agent, most likely partially, and thus mimicked some of the effects of a substance that blocks acetylcholine neurotransmission. Also, further evidence of this can seen by the vanishing cigarette. This phenomena is extremely common with ingestion of anticholinergic agents, extremely. Now, I'm about to get a little wacko here. So, bear with me...

I believe these agents can actually cause real time slips, and not some multi-person hallucination. I find the aspect of hallucinating the same exact thing shared among many, at such a fine level of detail, almost absurd. It is much easier for me to believe things based on science, than some careless left brained hypothesis of last resort. For instance, science dictates that you can indeed travel backwards in time, we have just not discovered a feasible way to do that yet.

If you would like some first hand experience reports of time slips associated with anticholinergic agents, PM me, and I will be happy to share the material with you. I wish I could post them here, but I'm afraid they might violate the rules of this board if I haven't done so already...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
yes i studied this a few times myself. the question of the car was a big one for me. but then it dawned on me- it is about conditioned perception. the people in that time were not conditioned to see cars, know they were there- so they would have not "assembled" that reality- as Carlos Castaneda might say.
My guess is they did aassemble something, a horse and carriage perhaps. the dream itslef was saying the guests arrived on some sort of transport- so the mental conditioning made it and that was that

sort of like the story of the natives on tiera del fuego supposedly not seeing columbus's sailing ships in the harbour because they had no condioning they were there

if so
HOW MUCH OF REALITY ARE WE MISSING RIGHT NOW ???

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

And this is where we come to the question of ghosts, of ET, of so many things. What is the nature of our existence? Is it always just a matter of shifting one's consciousness? Imagine the ramifications of this if it is true.

But in this case, how was it a collective shift and experience?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

I never thought about it like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw the Lost Room !! It's one of the best things ever filmed simply amazing!!!
it's available on Netflix I have it in my que!!!

also if you're a Netflix person get HBOs Carnivale ,it's a mindbender too!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Actually, I can think of another reason for this happening. And I am wondering if it could be due to having gone into another dimension because people believe in many dimensions around ours.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think I experienced a time slip almost two years ago. My next door neighbor is an elderly woman suffering from dementia. I had lived here for 13 years and had never been in her home..just chat over the fence. One day she called me over because she said there were men in her house and she couldn't get them out. I went over to see what was going on and proceeded to search the whole house for her. It's a smallish house..her husband had actually built it where there had been just a shack 50 years ago. She always had talked about how he dug the basement out by hand and built their home. So in my searching I went to the basement which I found quite odd. It was half finished and had a dirt floor and dirt wall on one side with a tunnel dug out in the wall. I remember thinking "what the hell? do they put things in there?" I stuck my head in the tunnel to see how deep it was and couldn't see anything in the darkness. Then I thought "Oh..it's a root cellar...I remember now she said he dug out the basement." Then I went back up and told her no one was in the house. I went home and told my spouse all about their weird basement tunnel. Two days later the old lady shows up on my porch with her bags packed like she was going somewhere..she was clearly delusional. We walked her home and waited for her son to come home from work to talk to him about her erratic behavior. Then I wanted to show my spouse the basement. We went down...and it was not the same place. The "new" basement had cement floors, white cinderblock walls, washer dryer, old stuffed animals , toys and baby items from fifty years ago...and it was a huge space. Filled with things I would have remembered. I searched the whole house again and never found that tunnel basement again. So not only did I have a completely different memory of the basement..I did not see any of the things that were so evident on the second trip. I know what I saw...I know what I didn't see. Can't explain it. Obsess about it still. Glad this thread was posted because it makes a little more sense to me now.

new topics

top topics

join