It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans... We're Screwed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As long as there is no solution we are screwed.... The Constitution guaranties rights that can be exercised by the people as a means of keeping a democratic form of government but there are no patriots willing to take a stand because there would surely be killed if others were to respond by supporting the cause..... If our form of government is of the people, by the people, for the people, who the hell are these people.. What people are truly being represented?...In most countries that take a stand and prosper by doing so the military generally takes sides with the people.Our military is for the most part, overseas and corporate owned contractors are hiring them into their forces or they are being grabbed up by law enforcement if they aren't totally burned out from numerous extended combat tours..... The 2 party system that is controlled by those that are able to lobby for legislation, influence voters by controlling the media and manufacturing news stories and create emotional issues that stir people's feelings to the point they are oblivious to the fact that they have a brain to think with.... They then vote for the lesser of 2 evils as they perceive the 2 sides because the feelings that they are reacting to are fear or anger .... It is either black or white as it is presented and as it is voted by both sides voting for candidates based on how far from one extreme that they are from the other....... We're screwed alright.....TPTB are very practiced and used to getting their way and we the people are well conditioned to letting them have it

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As long as there is no solution we are screwed.... The Constitution guaranties rights that can be exercised by the people as a means of keeping a democratic form of government but there are no patriots willing to take a stand because there would surely be killed if others were to respond by supporting the cause..... If our form of government is of the people, by the people, for the people, who the hell are these people.. What people are truly being represented?...In most countries that take a stand and prosper by doing so the military generally takes sides with the people.Our military is for the most part, overseas and corporate owned contractors are hiring them into their forces or they are being grabbed up by law enforcement if they aren't totally burned out from numerous extended combat tours..... The 2 party system that is controlled by those that are able to lobby for legislation, influence voters by controlling the media and manufacturing news stories and create emotional issues that stir people's feelings to the point they are oblivious to the fact that they have a brain to think with.... They then vote for the lesser of 2 evils as they perceive the 2 sides because the feelings that they are reacting to are fear or anger .... It is either black or white as it is presented and as it is voted by both sides voting for candidates based on how far from one extreme that they are from the other....... We're screwed alright.....TPTB are very practiced and used to getting their way and we the people are well conditioned to letting them have it

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Change is not possible through voting in gov officials because corruption and greed is wide spread through our culture. Therefore culture must change. And who are the most influential people/powers that determine culture? Entertainers and the entertainment industry; movies, music, tv, news, sports...

Write them instead of your politicians. Demand that they step up and do what is needed. Ask them to sacrifice their comfort, fame and fortune in order to progress our society and better our world. Tell them that if they are willing to do this then "we", as the people, will stand by their side and they will not be alone. If the Leonardo DiCaprio's, Angela Jolie's, Will Smith's, Anderson Cooper's, T.I.'s, Lil Wayne's... of our world step up to do what is right, even in the face of adversity, than real change will happen, and happen quickly. They have more influence and power than any president could ever dream of, unfortunately they do not see this as true.

Make a pledge to write to one celebrity a week, and ask your friends and family to do the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Hello,
I don't want to come across as being argumentative, but if you don't like this country so much, why don't you leave? What is holding you back?

I'm not saying this country is perfect, just saying that if you are so unhappy then go someplace else. Or you could try and make this country a better place. Research the candidates, find who you think fits best and throw your support at that candidate.

did you miss something? this whole thread is about what is holding us back. we're tied with shackles to the 2 party system, who are in cahoots and are destroying our country and 98 percent of the american people have bought it hook, line, and sinker. i'll tell you right now i'd leave this country if i could afford to, but i honestly don't think there's any place on earth that you can hide from what's coming.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

I am 100% with you on that! They are arrogant, conniving, self centered, crooks. They don’t think anyone has the guts or ability, to touch them. Your suggestion is the only way that they will be defeated. It is not hard to picture them laughing in our face!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
honestly, until the citizens start hanging these corrupt bastards nothing will change.

The time will come my friend.
It draws nearer every day.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

bleek outlook indeed

yes both parties have had their chances.............no third party candidate will ever be able to change it......it will take more than one................it will take a lot of them the system is broken you know this they know this and we all know this...............no matter how much wishful thinking us peons have it will never be changed until they themselves in washington dc see this.............

everything they do the powers that be are to solidfy their base and thus keeping the system as is.......they only way to achieve success its to fire every last single one of them.......but there in lies the problem again.........power corrupts and absolutely power corrupts absolutely...........one you get a drink of that power its over...............and thats why we will always be screwed.

edit on 19-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by amc621

man does that argument scream of ignorance, "if you don’t like America then get out!" well let’s see, I barely make enough to pay the rent on my crappy little apartment, put gas in my crappy little car and eat my crappy little meals so moving to Norway or Switzerland isn’t really a thing I can up and do.

Believe me, if I had the money and was capable of becoming a citizen in some other country (that isn’t a 3rd world nation) I would leave.

as far as your "why don’t you change it" argument, well how would you suggest I do that? I vote for 3rd party candidates but that hasn’t done much, I don’t have the money/resources/time/experience/notoriety to run for any political office myself, I can’t go out and start mass protest because I live in a little town in the middle of nowhere, really there isn’t much I can do.

I don’t offer any solutions with this thread, I just state my frustrations.

Man,you live in a small town in the middle of "nowhere" and you are complaining?

You live in the Heart Land of America,my friend.

I live in a 3rd world country.

It is called Southern California,and it sucks.

Can I live there on 2 grand a month?

I get that "Tax Free" so the tax man don't come knocking on my door.

I barely can here,so let me know.I will hitch a ride to where you live.

Does everybody you know speak English?

I couldn't even find a person working at a fast food joint down the street that spoke English.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Oneolddude because: Because eyes are old and computer can't spell.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i think you cant expect 'leadership' for the sort of 'change' the majority of us probably want. Certainly not at the national level. We have to create and connect our own pockets of communities that serve our needs, to provide working examples of the sort of world/s we want to live in. It seems one still certainly has to interact with the political world if they wish to create any long term foundations, but we can't expect the impetus to come from the top. And really, we don't want it to come from the top.

It seems to be common knowledge that politicians are corrupt. So to expect them to do anything other than what is in their immediate personal interest is probably foolish. Regardless of the person in it, the system itself appears to cultivate corruption; Financial interests that work counter to most of our interests.

Nevertheless, even the politicians will follow when enough people with real substance behind them begin to affect the mechanisms of the real world. And none of us really do that because our lives and communities are, to a large part, severely fractured.

So we need to work on what we want to build her and now, what we want int his world, and use the existing political system on its own terms, in order to effect those terms.
edit on 19-10-2010 by justadood because: change nonetheless to nevertheless

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

actually small town Alaska is a very expensive place to live, rent inst to much but everything else is very expensive, i pay 6 bucks for a gallon of milk, all grocery's, supply's, tools, cars everything cost waaaay more up here, hell even gas is 3.80 a gallon.

the main reason i wouldn't up and leave tho is because i do love my community, like you said everyone here speaks english, if someone is broken down on the side of the road you will see 2-5 people pull over to help them (i got stuck in a ditch one winter and had a small army pull over to help dig me out). The people and the unbridled nature make this place amazing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

we have been screwed since 9/11 when the government started all of this

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I'm getting ready for the poop-in-the-fan-fest that is about to start. I have plenty of veggie seeds and canning equipment, a good well, various other farming and food preservation equipment and a solar power setup for essentials like cell phone and radio. Also have amateur radio HF and VHF plus CB equipment. Getting out of the stock market right now. Gonna buy some Nubian goats and a Vietnamese hog. Good breeding dogs for people food if needed. One beef per year will do.

Let's see what else? C'mon over next Sunday for coyote ribs and Cholla root.

All are welcome. Well, not those survivalist wierdos.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

The single best thing to do is almost impossible. No lobbys in DC. Verboten! None. And no political donations from any business group. All federal elections funded equally by the parties under strict federal guidelines which forbid one party gaining a monetary advantage over another.

Like I said. Impossible.

tt

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The political game is like an endless, never ending cycle of the same old stupid people doing the same old stupid things over and over again, and getting the same old outcomes - which is just the way the politicians like it. Candidates promise the moon and stars and then once elected, they revert right back to doing the same old dreadful and corrupt things they said they wouldnt do in order to get elected.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Nothing is going to change. There is nothing new under the sun that hasnt been done before. There is no way to play the same unwinnable game over and over tirelessly while hoping for a change that absolutely cannot come.

I think the system is designed this way. Like a maze set forth to anger, mystify and confuse. The politicians, the media all keep us blind folded and ignorant and constantly distracted from the fact that the game is rigged, there will be no winners. Only the same winners who have been winning over and over again for centuries. It is similar to playing a game of Monopoly in which the banks has all of the money from beginning to end. A massive lesson in failure.

Ever wonder if the guy on the subway in that movie Dark City had it right? Ever actually been to Shell Beach? Me either.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

And each candidate gets a $200 campaign stipend and a bull-horn for campaigning. ($100 if up for re-election) The only bribes/gifts/campaign donations they receive have to be in the form of logo'd-street-wear. This way, we can see them coming, with all of their patches and badges, like a girl-scout selling cookies. In fact, that brought up another great idea.

All of their successes and accomplishments can be proudly displayed in the form of patches, sewn onto their 'Senate Vests'

Any travel funds, or donations, have to be coupled with a branded logo of the company that donated. The logos will be in the form of magnetic placards (placard size to represent the size of the donation) they stick to their vehicles. This way we can see - loud and clear - where any 'extra' funding may be coming from. Kind of like NASCAR.

Haha, they'd be forced to go door-to-door campaigning on foot, in person; the way it was meant to be, and should be. This way they'd be forced to actually look people in their real-live-in-the-flesh-faces when trekking back to the same doors come re-election time.

edit on 20-10-2010 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Waking up is often painful...and sad...more so if one had been dreaming a good dream.

But we need to wake up to reality..and the realities staring right at our faces are both painful and sad. But it is not game over, at least not yet. Alone, we are powerless. But NO ONE is ever alone, for we have families, relatives and friends.

For change to come instead of offering your behinds to be screwed yet again, it must come from you and me, and what we must do. It will have to begin with you and me, to make the right choices come November, to scrutinize carefully the wannabes, to inform our loved ones to kick out even our own blood brother if he had failed to perform and place someone better to do the job.

In the end, if peaceful change still does not come, one way or another, the only constant in life is change and it will have to come, and it may not be in the manner pleasing to our masters. May it never come to this.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
MICKEY MOUSE, GOOFY, DONALD DUCK, AND THE TASMANIAN DEVIL!!!

there's my vote for this year!!!

dem, republican, doesn't make a difference, they will lie to you with a straight face to get into office, then do what they heck they want till the time comes to vote them out.....
well......my hope is that some year, Mickey Mouse will get enough votes to win, then whichever candidate is willing to humiliate himself and dress in a mickey mouse costume when he takes the oath of office can have the danged office!
we should draft our elected officials, we'd probably be better off, just pick out social security numbers for the various offices, if your number is picked, well.....you get your turn at screwing up america!!!
why should only the rich have all the fun?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join