It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work Agency's Detrimental To The Working Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi i live in England and in England nowadays if you want to find a legitimate contracted job its so hard, And i have a few reason i think this is, I cant speak for all aspects of work only construction.

1. Agency's
2. Government regulations and safety standards

Now ill explain how to agency's work They contact business's and poach jobs on a small contract basis, then they hire joe schmo who has such a hard time finding a job he signs up to an agency. The agency contacts joe and says "hey joe got you a great job here 6 pound an hour shoveling # " meanwhile the agency in cahoots with the business is being paid 12 pound an hour for the job your slaving your ass off in. A win for the agency being paid to steal your job's. How does the business benefit? you ask well they don't have to contract you give you any benefits if you cant make it to work because you have been hit by a car or poisoned from all the # you shoveled and here's the good part you go broke and die. Well not quite that bad but now with benefits being stolen by Cameron and his international bankster crooks its a scary future not to far off. Also another nail in the coffin of the workman is the constant regulations, to get a job on a site now you need to be cscs certified i dont know if anyone knows what this is but its a silly little test that asks questions even george bush could answer such as "if you see an exposed electrical wire sticking out the ground should you"
a. Poke it with a wet hand
b. Shove it up your rectum
c. Inform the site foreman
The questions are easy for a reason and that's because it has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with money, The initial test cost's £20 then the practice book costs £10 THEN the card with is available in an array of sexy colors costs £30 . Then and only then armed with your sexy pink cscs card and a basic knowledge of fire extinguishes are you fit to work in construction. But of course if you are unemployed and cant afford the governments high price on safety then the government will allow you to take the test for free if your on benefits such as job seekers . *Wipes sweat off brow. But wait its not that simple if you have a job lined up and just need the cscs card then you unfortunately have to wait 6 weeks to be applicable for it but not because of high demand hell no its because they want you to sit a series of maths and English tests first regardless of g.c.s.e or any other qualification you might have already. Why you ask? because these private company's are paid for making you pass these tests
. Hmmm all in all i cant see how any part of the system is supposed to help you get back to work if anything the system wants you to be its bitch for a while then it will give you something in return. Nothing here is about helping you find work but squeezing every little penny out of a hard working honest man.

I would very much like to know what the rest of the British people feel about these systems and how they can be stopped.

Peace
edit on 19-10-2010 by brizellious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would also like to add the reason for my posting today. The last 3 weeks i have been out of work and suddenly realized what a scam and joke it all is, as i fell through the twilight zone trying to find a job i hit a moment thinking i need to go get an education and get out of construction. And i seen an add in the paper for a course called train2game at first it just seemed like a good idea, then i was on gumtree a few days later and seen it again so i thought what the hell ill give it a shot. After a phone interview and a home visit i had an open mind on it and it all seemed great i was excited for the opportunity , I could learn how to become a games developer in under 2 years. However as with all life things wasn't as they seemed after a bit of digging i found this www.bbc.co.uk.... I was deeply sickened by this and the fact this person came to my home and lied to me just to smile in my face and stab me in my back. But this isn't the worst part these people aim for people who don't have the money to fork out 20 grand on a uni course but can afford 5 grand over a 2 year period. After explaining this to my mother and asking "how can these business's exist they should be in prison" her attitude was unfortunately the same as most people's well if your stupid enough to sign up for it then too bad. But in my honest opinion company's like this who prey on the uninformed and cashless are the bain of existence and something really needs to be done about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brizellious

hi brizellious
any middlemen in a chain of procurement take their cut. agencies are the same and they will cite the overheads they have to cover in order to justify the hourly rate. i have been in construction all my life and could tell you a tale or two that would curl your toes! with regards to signing ANYTHING, first read up and study the contract before you put pen to dotted line. have you signed up and now want out?
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Yes i understand they have overheads and such but do we need agency's? is a man no longer capable of searching for a job himself? or can a man no longer search for a job because the agency's hold all the card's? No luckily i didn't sign up but was seriously considering it after the brainwashing he gave me, that was until i read the contract and searched the company and weather or not the qualification was credible. Whats terrible is the way he blatantly lied to me and the contract said the opposite of what he was saying, and im sure there's lots of people out there that fall for the smiles and handshakes and i think that's a crying shame. Thanks for your reply

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

good for you not signing up. like a lot of other so called opportunities they are soft scams that are ignored by government because of the revenue they glean from them. it is the same scam as an unnamed colourful learner driving company where you sign up to become an instructor, pay a couple of thousand, get your certs and then you sit by the window wondering when they are going to phone you with a job offer. they are fos and should all be given a wide berth. if you have a trade or knowledge have you considered self-employment?
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes i am self employed and always have been thought id try something more permanent. Im just shocked at the fact its just blatantly ignored, yet in the news papers they name and shame mugger's ect, and there are criminals like this robbing innocent people of there time and money and filling there heads with false promises, and go unnoticed and unpunished. its appalling and really gives me a lack of hope in my government.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

we are all surrounded by scum be it greedy mp's right down to the low life muggers and burglars. i would not put too much hope in the government and i would say brace yourself for the coming strife that is the spending review. i think almost the whole country has underestimated the impact these cuts are going to have. as always with self-employment it is feast or famine. i have been my own boss for over fifteen years now and the upside is i make the decisions as to how i run my working life. once you join a workbased hierachy them same decisions are taken out of your hands and you are just another bod on a site doing as instructed. you need to balance to pros and cons to see whether it is feasible to consider alternatives. have you considered a foundation degree in construction? there are grants for students to study these courses and you never know it could give you a leg up on the ladder.
regards fakedirt.

new topics

top topics

join