It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Flag vs. Naval Strike Warfare Center School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've always wondered. What training program is superior? Red Flag or NSWCS?

It seems like Red Flag, because it combines international air forces, is a larger exercise, and being run by the Air Force, it would be the authority on air warfare. In other words, they know the game better than anyone else.

NSWCS seems to be more air wing-oriented, but it also seems to emphasize air-to-air combat, dogfighting more than Red Flag, which emphasizes BVR engagements via medium-range Sparrows and AMRAAMs. NSWCS forces Sparrow and guns, but requires positive visual ID before engagement (at least for the F-14).

On another note, the Air Force doesn't have an advanced air combat school like the Navy's Top Gun. Any reason why?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
the air force has training programs at nellis air force base like you described where the instructors fly mig 29 and mig31 against the recruits with F-15 and F-16

West Point
Out

[edit on 27-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
And where did we get a MiG31? I assume you mean a SU-30. The MiG 31 was not exported I dont think, mayne Iran got a few but I dont recall that they did..

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i know they were flying the mig-29 but my bad it wasnt the mig-31 maybe the Su-30 ut im not sure but i do know that there were two different types of russian jets there

West Point
Out

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
YEs you must be refering to the SU-27's we have there, hmmmm. Interesting thoughts....

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
we might have gotten a Mig-31 for secret testing at Groom Lake. in the 1970's the US "borrowed" a mig-27 for testing from an eastern european country for testing and then returned it without even alerting the gov't of the country.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
we might have gotten a Mig-31 for secret testing at Groom Lake. in the 1970's the US "borrowed" a mig-27 for testing from an eastern european country for testing and then returned it without even alerting the gov't of the country.

I would like to know more about this if you could go a little deeper?

new topics

top topics

join