It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to my breast cancer surviving mom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Mom,

I want to thank you for everything you've done for me. I know the past 26 years have been hard for the both of us. I was 6 years old when you got breast cancer. You fought and fought, almost died twice. But we pulled through.

I'm sorry that dad was a real jerk. He told you, "You'd better find someone to watch that Brat of yours, because I wont"..... Yeah... He was a dead beat fool that left us during your months of chemo treatment to go have an affair with another woman. I'm glad he's gone. I couldn't take the physical abuse he put me though as a kid. Getting hit, closed fist... It leaves a scar on you for the rest of your life. There's nothing like walking down the hall and saying "Hi daddy! I love you"! Only to be shoved aside and told, "Get the (SNIP) out of my way".

But we pulled through. I did my best to take care of you. I held the pots for you when you were in bed and needed to throw up because of the chemo. I helped you walk to the bathroom. I cooked for you. All between the ages of 6-8. But we survived didn't we!

That was 20 years ago. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wear this pink wrist band for not just you, but for everyone.

Thank you so much for being an awesome mom. It's no wonder all my friends call you mom. You're an awesome person! You've taught me about the finer things in life, you taught me how to love, and how to be a kind person. This world needs more people like you. You're a fighter, a survivor, a teacher, but most importantly, a mom.

I'm so happy that you're still around mom. I feel I would be lost without you.

There's not much else I can write to describe how happy I am to have you in my life mom. You're an epic woman who stands her ground.

I love you mom, you're awesome!

Love, your son, Slash

Thanks to those who have read this. Breast cancer changes not only your life, but the lives around you. I'm happy that my mom is still here. I love you mom! =)
edit on 10/19/2010 by Slash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Really touching letter, thanks for sharing and keeping awarness on this terrible disease going. We get caught up in all sorts of crazy conspiracies, you hopefully gave a few of us a moment to stop and think about a 6 year old helping their stricken mum.... puts things in perspective. The love between a mother and their child is a glorious life understanding.

Hi Mrs Slash, glad u r enjoying life *waves
edit on 19-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What an amazing young man to have helped your Mom so much. The light of your love shines brightly. I am so happy that you still have your Mom and hopefully for many more years to come.HUGS!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks folks. My mom fought tooth and nail to get to where she is today. I'm very proud of her. I showed her the letter today and she cried. Made me leak a bit too. Cheers to the rest of our lives!

new topics

top topics

join