It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me learn to control my dreams more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
HI, I have always been a very vivid dreamer. I can remember multiple dreams pretty much every sleep.

I've had a dream about taking off in a plane on an island and not gaining enough speed and crashing into the ocean. I survived it in the dream, the plane did not break up, it was just a heart wrenching experience

I've woken up in my dream to severe shaking but a complete calmness in my mindstate. Almost, knowing that death was imminent and inevitable. I sat on my couch and rested my face in my palms and was engulfed by some sort of explosion.

I was walking down my street in one dream which is a hill and remember seeing this dust cloud coming, I was knocked to the ground once it hit me. I was forced to stay down from the amount of pressure on this storm. When I tried to breath it was almost like eating sand or dirt.

I have 3 locations in my dreams that are constantly being used as the setting for my dream. Nothing EVER is the same in the dreams, just the location.

My first setting is this beach, which I have never been to in reality and don't even know if it exists. It is the whitest sand I've ever seen and it is almost like a massive U shape. Maybe like a big cove or something. This is not a remote beach as I see massive buildings all covering this bay.

My second setting is a forest, again one I have never been to, and I am always looking for something, some dreams it will be a person, others it's an object. The only thing that really stands out as peculiar in this setting is that the paths have NEVER changed. I've dreamt of this forest for over 15 years and every time it is the exact same

The third setting is some sort of hotel. This setting I am always being chased. Again it ranges from people, wild animals to undescribable creatures. This location is different than the forest because it is always different. The foyer or main area is usually the same but massive details change each time I enter this dream. One time there will be a pool in the center of the hotel, viewable from all floors encirlcing it. Other times there will be no pool and just long hallways. The elevator is always a constant though. I always remember the details of pressing the buttons the most

OK THIS IS GETTING LONG.

Recently I have taken another step while dreaming. I don't know if it is the research I have done on ATS that is helping me take the next step or what

The first account happened several weeks ago, in my dream I was walking down my hallway towards my kitchen's back sliding door. Unlike other dreams where I go with the flow I suddenly just realized in my dream that I was dreaming. Knowing I was dreaming I decided to just walk through the sliding door and there I was outside. I approached one of my fences and started talking to my neighbour. I couldn't see him well because of the slats in the fencing so I started pulling off the boards. There was no weight to these boards or resistance from the nails. I got a section of the fence down and from there I have no recollection

I had a dream last night where I again proclaimed I AM DREAMING, and I know I did something but the whole thing seems to have slipped from my mind.

Can anyone offer any advice or techniques in order to take more control of my dream?

Thank you for reading

new topics

join